Trying to pay cash.

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
so im trying to pay cash for a 2011 hayabusa. I went to the local dealer and they told me the best they could do would be $16,600 out the door. I have cash in hand and Im thinking they could do better. Im thinking that if im paying cash $14k or $15k would be the best price, what do you think?

Cash is not king for a dealer trying to sell a bike. He won't get any finance kickbacks or anything from the sale. Still 16k seems excessive.

are the 2011's going for that? wow.....seems a little high, and most of the time if your paying cash it doesnt really make a difference to a dealer..they still have to make money on the bike, make the deal first then tell them your paying cash...

Yeah you need to finance to get a better price. Cash doesnt get you a better deal these days.

That's crazy expensive!

For that price you'd do a lot better buying from somewhere like Honda East. Even if you paid to have it shipped, you'd probably come out better.

16g's! that's almost two of my 08

Exactly! Buy used! Its not like they are changed at all. You could prolly still get a used 2009 with warranty left, then just extend the warranty. I'll sell you my '08 with warranty for $12K :rofl::rofl:

Well that was the price after all the BS. They are throwing in a jacket but almost $3g's over msrp....come on now.

Well that was the price after all the BS. They are throwing in a jacket but almost $3g's over msrp....come on now.

I bought my '08 brand new last September. Look around, there are leftovers still out there. I paid right around $8k for it. I now have a few mods done to in, including exhaust, and I still don't have anywhere near $16K into it. DON'T DO IT! :banghead::banghead:

If they can get it down to around$14g-$15g ill do it, but im not paying for all their BS. Plus the wife WANTS a 2011, they had a leftover 09 but she wants a 2011....happy wife happy life right.

There are so many choices for your direction! My suggestion is buy a LOW mileage 08 or 09 and with your "left over cash" you could aftermarket the bike to EXACTLY how you want it. Many of our org sponsors (ex. Tim @ PASHNIT, etc.) could put together a "package deal" with some awesome parts that would make the bike way better than OEM. Stuff you would do in time anyways! Raydog

You most likely went in there and lit up like a Christmas tree all giggly and happy and they smelled GROSS PROFIT coming from your back pocket.

Make them your offer , walk out an let them call you back.
If not pass.

Call Scott Johnson at Honda East in Toledo, Ohio. I am sure you could buy the bike and have it shipped for much less than that.

i am surprised at the price in the us as a 2011 busa is £10000 approx $16000 thought you guys would be getting em cheaper as our value added tax is running at 20%

uk trade in value on a 2000 busa with 14k miles 2100

do like the new ones though just cant afford it with fuel going up and up over £6 a gallon at the mo

Who knows what "out the door" means in Arizona? If you buy the same bike/car from out of state you still have the pay license and taxes when you title it in your home state. Charges that may be included in your "out the door" price from your local dealer. Some states collect the license and taxes at the point of purchase.

I also think AZ is a clean air state and I'm not sure what new vehicles can transfer there. If it is like Cali, it is a mess if not impossible. However the GenII may be a 50 state product.

In Oklahoma it is not collected at the point of sale.

Back