Trigger-Happy Cop Kills Family Dog!

I have noticed that those with a hatred for LEO's....have a tendency to break the law, or associate with those that do.

I can't count the number of skilled professions that provide company cars. How is this unique? Additionally, the primary reason that cops drive their vehicles home is because it serves as a crime deterrant. Agenices realize that cars sitting in a parking lot are basically useless. But park one at a residence and you have increased the awareness of your basic criminal in that area. Secondly, most agencies don't permit you to drive the vehicles off-duty (that I am aware of.) So that nonsense about saving thousands every year....not true. Unless of course cops are supposed to sit at home on their days off.
If you had to drive 30-40 miles a day Fuel/ tires / brakes oil / repairs/ etc etc That does add up to thousands a year..
You mean the discounts on fast food that would otherwise not be necessary if they worked another job with a refrigerator and break room? Oh yes, I love spending $200 a month on road meals for my lovely wife. But hey, it's 50% off...such a perk!
Your from Fl. I know you eat at Sonnys ( thats really not fast food) Applebees etc 50% off adds up Other Civil servie doesnt get the breaks. Let the sewers back up all across the country and we'd see who the major players are.
Name a skilled civil servant that gets paid less.
Road construction workers / Asphault workers 300degs asphault all day . ( they dont get to sit in the AC and ride around ) then eat 1/2 off.. They might get $12.00 and hour after 5 years of it! If they didnt build or repair roads POPO would be on a horse.
So all I'm saying is Leo's get fair wages for what they do. and Again 1/2 my family and friends are Leo's ( I was a military Leo) . It was nice riding in a Humvee while the Grunts walked :) That was a Perk! E6 Grunt or E6 Leo, both same wages Yet which has it easier? I'm not against Leos, In fact I might be joining the Leos in my area, Why because it beats the hell outa swinging a hammer for another 20 years and I like the Perks. Yet I guess any Job gets old.

I can't believe this thread is still going, does anyone know what came of the situation? Does that cop still have a job?

I have noticed that those with a hatred for LEO's....have a tendency to break the law, or associate with those that do.

Or those that have had experience with the LEO's in multiple locations under multiple circumstances. Not as a criminal, but as a victim... Working with them daily in an ER doesn't provide a lot of respect for the majority of them either.... Nevermind, your right, I'm a thug and associate with thugs.

What is that based on?

I thought my statement was pretty clear, its based on my personal experience. No scietific data is implied. This is anecdotal information based on my friends, people I know....people I knew growing up and the barrios and ghettos in lived in growing up.

Even on my personal experience being a young troublemaker....

This string has turned into a discussion about opinions on Police. No one in my entire family has ever served in law enforcement. I believe virtually all LEO's are honest and have the best of intentions, with an extremely small number who are not good at their jobs. In today’s society, all it takes is one controversial incident for things to deteriorate in a hurry. Law Enforcement at all levels provides our communities the most important insurance. And YES I've dealt with rude officers before, and YES I've received tickets which should have been a warning. But a handful of bad experiences have not fueled vindictive attitudes towards LEO's. I understand their important role in our community, and prefer to work with them, and see no benefit for citizens who constantly attempt to discredit them.

* bonus pic = my custom Christmas Tree

P1000781.jpg

If you had to drive 30-40 miles a day Fuel/ tires / brakes oil / repairs/ etc etc That does add up to thousands a year..
I don't understand. How is this different from other employers that provide company cars? I still pay insurance, car payments and maintenance on her personal vehicle. We save 2700 miles per year on her travel to and from work. If you take even the maximum IRS deduction (which is about double the actual cost) we have saved a grand total of $1350.00 Wow. That's like a fortune, right?

Your from Fl. I know you eat at Sonnys ( thats really not fast food) Applebees etc 50% off adds up
It doesn't matter what type of food they eat. The fact remains that they wouldn't be eating out if they had otherwise normal jobs. You know who else gets discounted food? Fellow food service employees. Are you going to claim that they are overpaid too, because they get discounts on their food?

Other Civil servie doesnt get the breaks. Let the sewers back up all across the country and we'd see who the major players are.
This is a silly statement. Sewer workers are no more or less important than line workers, fire fighters or any other essential service personnel. Are you claiming that sewer workers are more important than cops? And if so, why? Why even make the comparison? Nobody is arguing that cops are superior to other essential service workers.

Road construction workers / Asphault workers 300degs asphault all day . ( they dont get to sit in the AC and ride around ) then eat 1/2 off.. They might get $12.00 and hour after 5 years of it! If they didnt build or repair roads POPO would be on a horse.
Road crews are (1) most often privately employed and (2) not skilled labor. Point #2 is the most important. Do you honestly think that any road laborer would choose to work in 300 degree asphault if they had an education or skilled training for a less demanding job?

So all I'm saying is Leo's get fair wages for what they do.

You said they were overpaid. I appreciate your willingness to admit that you were wrong.

Last edited:
I don't really care for LEOs for several reasons, but I will say that even with all of the perks they get, they are second only to teachers for being underpaid for what they do.

I say they should be given more money and held to a higher standard.

This string has turned into a discussion about opinions on Police. No one in my entire family has ever served in law enforcement. I believe virtually all LEO's are honest and have the best of intentions, with an extremely small number who are not good at their jobs. In today’s society, all it takes is one controversial incident for things to deteriorate in a hurry. Law Enforcement at all levels provides our communities the most important insurance. And YES I've dealt with rude officers before, and YES I've received tickets which should have been a warning. But a handful of bad experiences have not fueled vindictive attitudes towards LEO's. I understand their important role in our community, and prefer to work with them, and see no benefit for citizens who constantly attempt to discredit them.

* bonus pic = my custom Christmas Tree

That is a SWEET Christmas Tree!!:thumbsup::beerchug:

First of I said Their pay was fair for what they do, Plus the perks! I never said they were under paid.
150 miles a week x 50 weeks = 7500 miles a year Plus the wear and tear/ insurance( ? $500 a year).And we're discussing The Leos pay , Lots of companies provide vehicles But were talking about Civil Service.. Government employees.
And NO not all cities roads are fixed by private Companies MANY ( maybe 1/2 ) have their own crews. And its not that the People on the crews are dumb idiots with no education and thats why they are road workers. Most have some degree or at least a trade degree. Heavy equipment operators / road techs/ Most people dont have a clue on what it takes to build a road.. I did it for 14 years because That was my decision and I have 4 trade degrees . I was asked many times by the Local PD to join. My Decision was NO! Not at that time anyway..
Most people / even office workers / civil service Most all eat out .Do most people leave their desk to go cook?
No I am not claiming that other civil service workers are Better or more important than Cops, They're all equal in my opinion!
On road crews there is a lot more then Just labors , I'd compare the labors to the local dispatch ! There are different levels of employees and I think all should be treated fair( the same amount of respect ).
I guess If I do decide to become a POPO I'll be the fairest SOB out there. If I was a POPO and pulled out a gun in a housing area and shot a dog in the road , I'd expect to get treated Just like the rest of the population.No special treatment or smack on the hand .
My best friend was a FHP for years and we hung out , My family is Leo's I know the mentality/ attitude/ perks .
So again does anyone know whats happened in the Cop shoots dog incident ?

I don't need to go online. I can check my bank account.

But hey, if McDonalds is what you consider average pay, then sure, I guess they make a fortune. I don't know of many professions that require extensive training and continual retraining that makes less than a cop. Cops earn median income. This means that they make the average income paid to ALL employed citizens in the United States. This includes skilled and unskilled labor. (And yes, you can look that up.) For a cop (skilled labor, risk of life/injury) to earn median income is pathetic.

As for benefits....yeah, most large companies offer benefits, what's your point? Oh yes, if my wife dies in the line of duty, I get a million dollars. Well heck, I guess that will make up for my loss. Right?

Sounds to me like you have a chip on your shoulder and can't find anything reasonable to argue about, so you decide to go after pay because you think $40K is a HUGE amount of money. OMG, $40K, they're like rich! ZOMG

so let me get this straight because your wife has to continually strive to keep up to pace with her job and train etc, get in the line of fire risk her life etc you think 40k a year plus bens isnt that great? I hate to tellyou this but if you add her ben package and her insurance etc she is making way more. Just cause you only see 40 k a year that isnt even close to what she gets. Try more like 60 a year or more with the retirement package and reduced cost insurance etc. Not to mention if she is union the bens from that as well. But its neither here nor there. I wasnt saying all were bad i seem to recall saying the majority of. So maybe your wife isnt part of the majority? Also just so you know hers isnt the only profession that you have to keep up to date on to remain employed. In most jobs unless its remedial work if you dont stay competitive, up to date, sharp you wont remain employed long.

Also i dont have a chip on my shoulder at all. I like to think and have been told i am very level headed. If you look at my other posts you will see i state my opinion and leave it at that most of the time. Thats what forums are for. I am not going to get my feathers all ruffled over comments made as you shouldnt either. Maybe officers are different in your part of the country then here? Is that ever a thought that may have crossed you mind? I can tell you now 40 k plus pens and bens around this area is more then average pay.

So cheers another agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Well viperbluebusa if cops get such great pay and benefits, and apparently undeserved at that, why don't you pin on the badge? Reading your narratives here, you would be a stellar cop and probably make chief in a couple years.

I think your mommie made you stand in the corner a few too many times and now you have an anti-authoritarian complex.:rofl:

First your childish personal attacks are not needed. Second i do not have a problem with authority. I have a problem with my freedoms as an american citizen being attacked daily by people who get placed in positions of authority who have no business being there. Probably by people like you who vote and have no clue what you are voting about. Finally i did go through police academy and training and was going to become an iowa state trooper. I changed my mind and became an engineer insted. So yes i could very well strap on a badge and become a leo. I chose to do other things as anyone else can do if they choose.

First your childish personal attacks are not needed. Second i do not have a problem with authority. I have a problem with my freedoms as an american citizen being attacked daily by people who get placed in positions of authority who have no business being there. Probably by people like you who vote and have no clue what you are voting about. Finally i did go through police academy and training and was going to become an iowa state trooper. I changed my mind and became an engineer insted. So yes i could very well strap on a badge and become a leo. I chose to do other things as anyone else can do if they choose.

:rofl: Dude, my comment was not an attack, but a little poke. Trust me you would know an attack.......seems someone is a tad thin skinned.

Interesting though you have me all figured out by just a few posts here, even how I vote. I guess if you're an engineer, you're clairvoyant.

I will tell you that I have seen many trainees come and go and never saw one leave as a rookie to go do something else unless they got dumped because they couldn't handle it, or left because they knew they couldn't handle the job. That's ok viperblue, not everyone can cut it as a LEO, one more reason they should be paid better than they are.

so let me get this straight because your wife has to continually strive to keep up to pace with her job and train etc, get in the line of fire risk her life etc you think 40k a year plus bens isnt that great?
I said it was median pay. You're the one that claimed they were overpaid, which is the source of my somewhat irritated tirade.

I hate to tellyou this but if you add her ben package and her insurance etc she is making way more. Just cause you only see 40 k a year that isnt even close to what she gets. Try more like 60 a year or more with the retirement package and reduced cost insurance etc. Not to mention if she is union the bens from that as well.

Why is it appropriate to include benefits in salary figures for cops, but not everyone else? I have never seen a salary chart that says "your salary is X, but it's really more like Y because we give you all this free crap." If you're going to include benefits in pay, then we have to do it for everyone, which brings us back to median income again.

But its neither here nor there. I wasnt saying all were bad i seem to recall saying the majority of. So maybe your wife isnt part of the majority?

You have absolutely no evidence to demonstrate your point. You have anecdotal experience with a few cops in your life, that's it. Until you can find a national poll that says "majority of cops are jerks," then I'll have to assume you're talking from your posterior.

Also just so you know hers isnt the only profession that you have to keep up to date on to remain employed. In most jobs unless its remedial work if you dont stay competitive, up to date, sharp you wont remain employed long.
As it is with any skilled profession, most of which make far more than median income......which is EXACTLY my point.

I am not going to get my feathers all ruffled over comments made as you shouldnt either.
Opinions are one thing, but you appear to have some deeply seeded resentment towards cops. You claim they are overpaid (which is demonstrably false) and that they get more benefits than other skilled workers (also false.) Aside from a discounted meal, you haven't shown me a single aspect of law enforcement that gives them an advantage over any other skilled profession. If your entire gripe stems from free food, then perhaps you need to go to Taco Bell and start demanding discounted burritos. I'm sure that will go over well.

I can tell you now 40 k plus pens and bens around this area is more then average pay.

US Median Income $42,028

So cheers another agree to disagree.

I'm sorry, but you can't disparage an entire profession with demeaning insults and just pretend that it's all peaches and cream now. It's unimaginanble to me to criticize the very profession that you ask to protect you when things go bad. If you've never dialed 911 or asked for an officers assistance, then perhaps you can do us a favor and continue that measure of self-reliance. I would certainly hate to think that my wife was trying to help someone that thought she was overpaid and a drain on society.

Just very sad I would normally comment war with the people who back the shooter but its just not worth it anymore:rulez:

Back