cop shoots dog at dog park

I would never have shot the dog. I may have kicked him in the gut hard enough to make him breath funny for a day or two but no need to shoot the dog whether it was play or agressive fighting.

However, I am having a very difficult time believing the dog was shot for rough play? I'm not willing to condemn the officer without listening to both sides of the story?

I'm a little disappointed that so many people have already formed a firm decision without hearing the entire story....both sides will eventually come out and then opinions can be firmed up. I agree the shooting seems a little over the top but without knowing the "facts", I'm just not siding with either one.

And all you guys spouting off about shooting the cop, well, that would make you a real tough guy....in prison.

As Blanca can attest, crime can and does occur suddenly and randomly. Approximately 1 year ago, in the Wendy's in Westgate on Military Trail, a thug decided to shoot a bunch of customers for no reason, other than to kill and then he killed himself. One of the victims, a local firefighter had gone back inside to get something else for his family and was shot dead. If someone thinks they are safe at all times, you are living in a pipe dream.

Disclaimer: I am not a LEO but I do appreciate their effort!

Last edited:
I'm a little disappointed that so many people have already formed a firm decision without hearing the entire story....both sides will eventually come out and then opinions can be firmed up. I agree the shooting seems a little over the top but without knowing the "facts", I'm just not siding with either one.

And all you guys spouting off about shooting the cop, well, that would make you a real tough guy....in prison.

As Blanca can attest, crime can and does occur suddenly and randomly. Approximately 1 year ago, in the Wendy's in Westgate on Military Trail, a thug decided to shoot a bunch of customers for no reason, other than to kill and then he killed himself. One of the victims, a local firefighter had gone back inside to get something else for his family and was shot dead. If someone thinks they are safe at all times, you are living in a pipe dream.

Disclaimer: I am not a LEO but I do appreciate their effort!

That Wendy's is less than a mile from my house.

So because hes a cop he gets away with it?

Seems some of them always do. There are some good cops and I applaud them for what they do in their day to day job. If what is said is true. There is no reason that this should have happened. He could have kicked the dog to stop it.

Last edited:
The owners need to release his name and info ASAP. If there's 1 thing I know is that sometimes social outcasting is worse than alot of other things. Law enforcement might be protecting this guy from charges but they can't stop the people from voicing their opinions. From now on when people see him he's going to be known as the crazy mofo that shoots dogs. I'm talking about everywhere he goes, pointing and whispering, people walking away from him, grabbing their pets AND kids and turning away from him so obvious that he knows what their thinking SMH I know if I saw him from time to time I'd be the 1st one to say, "Oh sh**, it's that crazy dog killer!" Just release his info, and let the community do the rest.

ok found some new information from the cop's side

http://www.americantowns.com/md/baltimore/news/officer-in-dog-park-shooting-acted-in-self-defense-lawyer-says-538370

Bear-Bear and Rettaliata's brother were the only others there, according to his account. The couple asked if Bear-Bear was friendly, and after being told yes, they allowed the dogs to interact, Putzi said.

The dogs played briefly, then separated. But when Bear-Bear approached again, Putzi said, the situation changed.

"This dog was trying to get the dog down by the neck, the jaws of the husky were around the German shepherd's neck," the lawyer said. When the couple tried to intervene, the dog became aggressive toward them as well, Putzi said.

When Rettaliata's brother did not take control of the husky, Putzi's client shot the dog, the attorney said.

In responding to the officer's account, Rachel Rettaliata said, "If I were in his shoes, I probably would tell them the same thing."

Last edited:
Very sad story for the Husky, no matter who was wrong or right he's the one that paid~!~

Role reversal...

I have a dog in a dog park...

I have a CC...

I feel that my dog has had enough and is in danger...

I shoot and kill an off-duty police officers dog in front of him and his wife...

Any thoughts on whether or not the case would be dropped without investigation...? ???

Anyone believe that I would be able to just walk away from this and go home without incident?

Defend the cop all you want...agreed there are always two sides, but if the brother in-law had drawn down and shot the cops dog (since they were both in the same situation at that point - and obviously both should have had the option to shoot the others dog apparently), do you think the cop would have went about his merry way and dropped it?

Rediculous...:banghead:

Role reversal...

I have a CC...

I shoot and kill an off-duty police officers dog in front of him and his wife...

Any thoughts on whether or not the case would be dropped without investigation...? ???

Anyone believe that I would be able to just walk away from this and go home without incident?
Exactly.

Role reversal...

I have a CC...

Defend the cop all you want...agreed there are always two sides, but if the brother in-law had drawn down and shot the cops dog (since they were both in the same situation at that point - and obviously both should have had the option to shoot the others dog apparently), do you think the cop would have went about his merry way and dropped it?

Rediculous...:banghead:

+10 gigazillion

whose defending the cop? i was just stating the other side of the story. and ofc if it were a civilian that shot that dog he would of been arrested.

I believe all the articles state hes a Federal Officer which usually grants them more power than your average LEO hence the superior attitude as well .
This is why I believe he shot without worry.
Feds walk away and fade into the mist.

Having followed this thread since its inception ,I can still not fathom anyone not outraged by this incident. Some of your perscription blinders are due for narrowing!
Our rights keep crumbling before our weary eyes! These incidents continue too out-do each other in their audacity.
Fear riddled people in positions of authority continue to involve us in their perverted attempts to make it through their feeble day. HOORAY for nepotism,favoritism, coruption,etc,etc..................Fear is so ingrained in there logic(?) that it is what they use, as a tool, to govern by. History repeats and the cycle continues.
Had to get this out,the taste is putrid.
This is no attempt to argue as I have now had my say.Your opinions count equally,well, until that right is taken from us also. Glad to have lived most of my life during this countrys last grasp on reality.
BTW my dog has been bitten at a dog park,owner not in control of their dog.What could I do-never went back.
Later found out that dog was hit by a car(owner again not in control)KARMA runs all our lives!:bowdown:
The fact that the killer fed had his dog on a leash says alot about the bond with his dog,fear right down the leash and into a pack oriented setting.:moon: I seriously doubt the husky was doing anything more than establishing dominance.
If he was too aggresive,a simple kick, or three, would do. Grow a pair- LOSER.
Oh yeah I forgot the fed was intimidated by the dog also.
Makes me sleep good at night knowing whos out there protecting our(yeah) best interests.
No wonder they want no one else having guns. That would mean it might make for a fair fight.:poke: Oh well, have said my peace? Rant off :beerchug:

That's ****ing disgraceful. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night with murdering police patrolling my area.

Back