Cop shoots first ask questions later

I'm new to the forums, as you can see in my post count, but I couldn't help but comment on this one. I probably don't have nearly as much law enforcement experience as someone such as CTA, but I am in the Army and a Military Police, so I've dealt with drawing down on someone in both a civilian setting as well as in Iraq, where I'm currently stationed. The fact that people are attacking the LEO for doing his job is ridiculous. All these people that are quoting books and doing the couch coaching should be ashamed of yourselves. You critique someone for doing a job you will never have the intestinal fortitude to perform.

I hope I would never be judged for having to do my duty in a foreign country the same way you're judging this LEO

Don't really know how to add a link, but for all you readers..PolicePoems.com -* Yes Me the Lousy Cop

The adrenaline released when your mind recognizes a life and death situation takes away the ability to reason.

this was posted by cta. a leo

I'm new to the forums, as you can see in my post count, but I couldn't help but comment on this one. I probably don't have nearly as much law enforcement experience as someone such as CTA, but I am in the Army and a Military Police, so I've dealt with drawing down on someone in both a civilian setting as well as in Iraq, where I'm currently stationed. The fact that people are attacking the LEO for doing his job is ridiculous. All these people that are quoting books and doing the couch coaching should be ashamed of yourselves. You critique someone for doing a job you will never have the intestinal fortitude to perform.

I hope I would never be judged for having to do my duty in a foreign country the same way you're judging this LEO

Don't really know how to add a link, but for all you readers..PolicePoems.com -* Yes Me the Lousy Cop
Somehow I am sure you will someday have to face one of the over zealous armchair nut cases... I will (for us in the civilian population) apologize for some idiot that can do your job better than you can from the other side of a keyboard :)

Think it is a very tough and for the most part thankless jobs... I think about the only ones that ever really appreciate your services are the ones that you rescue just before the worst happens.. (and I bet even some of them just "expect" your services)

:thumbsup: to all first responders!! (and that includes you reserve guys too!)

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
adrenaline and self defense
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]friend or foe?[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]by dr. David harrison[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]adrenaline makes it hard to think clearly.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]this is true to some degree. On the other hand, emergency workers such as police officers, fire fighters and emergency physicians do their jobs on a regular basis while experiencing an adrenaline surge. Even medical students early in their training are able to function quite well under such circumstances. This is because they have had preparation and practice. This means that, although adrenaline does to some extent interfere with clear thinking, and can make you tremble and be uncoordinated, it is still possible to be very effective during an adrenaline surge.[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Makes my head hurt to read this thread. I want to say so many things but it appears pointless to do so, as some people have already tried and convicted a person based on one small news article in a paper.... I will just say:

"Thank you" to all the emergency workers in the world that risk their lives every day they put on the uniform... :bowdown:

I wonder what would happen if every officer walked off the job for a few days. Who would we call for help. If for a few days people could commit any crime and no one would come after them. Imagine that scenario.

When police work no longer is a respectful career, there will be no young men and women willing to do the work.
It is happening now... very few apply today.

Give thanks next time you see an officer, a thank you goes a long way.

Last edited:
The second gun gets stuck in the cold dead hand that previously held the broomstick. :poke:

That's an awful thing to suggest Pard. Covering up the most serious violation of law under the color of authority? Please tell me you're not a cop.:please:

I wonder what would happen if every officer walked off the job for a few days. Who would we call for help. If for a few days people could commit any crime and no one would come after them. Imagine that scenario.

When police work no longer is a respectful career, there will be no young men and women willing to do the work.
It is happening now... very few apply today.

Give thanks next time you see an officer, a thank you goes a long way.

:thumbsup:

That's an awful thing to suggest Pard. Covering up the most serious violation of law under the color of authority? Please tell me you're not a cop.:please:

Nope, but that scenario isn't anymore egregious than any of the others that have been spun here is it? So, far the general consensous seems to be the kid had it comming. It was a good shooting right? Seems that's what I'm hearing.

The kid's to blame for going outside to see who was screwing with his Busa and the cop shot him in his own yard because he had a broomstick in his hand. None of you would have went out right? You would have just cowarded in the closet?

It's great you want to support the Cop, but they aren't always right. I just can't see making excuses for one's who screw up. What about the cop last week that shot a correctional officer in his garage? I remember a few years ago the Cops were serving a warrant kicked in the door at 2 am shot an old man. Turns out they were at the wrong house, not even the same house address that was on the warrant.

Try to be alittle unbiased. The Police Cheif has stated the kid was completely innocent. I know it's a tough job, got cops in the family. I can understand the events that lead up to the incident and sympathize with his prediciment. If I was in his situation I may very well have done the same thing, but that still dosen't make it right.

Last edited:
Back