Cop shoots first ask questions later

Keep trying

Keep trying? I think he nailed you pretty good.

Sjcurrence
I’m going to say this as politely as I can but still want to make it very clear to you. Stop the close-minded controversial crap in all of the threads. You need a reality check, brother, and the staff here does not have time to babysit you.

If you don’t understand what I’m saying, at least be VERY careful how you reply. It may be one of your last replies on this board for a few weeks.

Keep trying? I think he nailed you pretty good.

Sjcurrence
I’m going to say this as politely as I can but still want to make it very clear to you. Stop the close-minded controversial crap in all of the threads. You need a reality check, brother, and the staff here does not have time to babysit you.

If you don’t understand what I’m saying, at least be VERY careful how you reply. It may be one of your last replies on this board for a few weeks.

What is close minded about basing my judgement on the facts given, even if there are not many facts?
I even said if there is more information I would be happy to reassess. How can that be close minded?

I wanna live in SJ's world... it is a fantasy land and I always wanted that...

and you gotta love the title of the thread.. "cops shoot first ask questions later" ignorance at its best... I can see it now.. "Hi law breaker, did you have your heart set on killing me tonight? or should I just wait to find out myself? You know I love running around dark homes with 4 guys possibly armed with this little questionnaire to see if I should shoot or not".. joke right?

A guy runs outside to confront criminals when the police are on site, what is he John Wayne?.. or just S-T-U-P-I-D... maybe his parents bred him just for this reason.. get him shot and then make a buck off his dead azz...

The cops have NO idea what they are up against and frankly I think they get the benefit of the doubt because I do not think we pay them enough to get killed..

SJ, your credibility stands at such a low level that I am beginning to look at your posts as just senseless rants..

I look at that the same way as this thread is titled.. already biased and trolling for a debate...

all I can do is shake my head and feel bad that the country is getting more and more miss-informed, miss-guided people... I sure hope you are more level headed when riding...

First I took the name of the thread from the tittle of the article that I read and I am sorry if the tittle of the article offened you or anybody else. I was just trying to get some insight on this from people on the board I wasn't throwing digs at anybody. Like other people said about the two shot rule that cops are trained to do I didn't know that because I am not a cop and I have never been trained to use a weapon. Again I am not a cop and I said in that situtation I probably would have done the samething too. I agree leo's firefighters, and teachers don't make enough IMO. Again I wasn't trying to dig at anybody by posting this. This is a sad story for everybody involved I was just trying to get insight on this.

What is close minded about basing my judgement on the facts given, even if there are not many facts?
I even said if there is more information I would be happy to reassess. How can that be close minded?

I can assure you my statement was not solely based on this one thread.

First I took the name of the thread from the tittle of the article that I read and I am sorry if the tittle of the article offened you or anybody else. I was just trying to get some insight on this from people on the board I wasn't throwing digs at anybody. Like other people said about the two shot rule that cops are trained to do I didn't know that because I am not a cop and I have never been trained to use a weapon. Again I am not a cop and I said in that situtation I probably would have done the samething too. I agree leo's firefighters, and teachers don't make enough IMO. Again I wasn't trying to dig at anybody by posting this. This is a sad story for everybody involved I was just trying to get insight on this.

no offense taken by me. People learn by asking questions :beerchug:

thanks for clarification.. :) I just get tweaked off at the instant attack on LEO's when I have a good number of them for friends and they have one of the toughest jobs with some of the most life altering decisions anyone could have to make.. When they have to make these decisions, sometimes people die... I would have to guess in most cases, that person needed to be killed... If people were to "use their heads" a bit? they might not be put in such terrible situations..

Regardless of what the investigation turns up, there are going to be people condemn this officer... (oh and they will be the first to get upset when a criminal murders an entire family)

thanks for clarification.. :) I just get tweaked off at the instant attack on LEO's when I have a good number of them for friends and they have one of the toughest jobs with some of the most life altering decisions anyone could have to make.. When they have to make these decisions, sometimes people die... I would have to guess in most cases, that person needed to be killed... If people were to "use their heads" a bit? they might not be put in such terrible situations..

Regardless of what the investigation turns up, there are going to be people condemn this officer... (oh and they will be the first to get upset when a criminal murders an entire family)

You are right I could have used a better choice of words now that I go back and read it and I couldn't agree with you more people have to make decisions every day that could be life altering and you have to live with those choices that you make but most people will never know what it is like to make decisions like that and have to live them............Hats off to all the LEO's out there and thanks for helping keep us as safe as you can.

:agree: Agree, there are way too many stories like this one...

10/28/2008 - Section Of Freeway Named For Julie Jacks - Breaking News - Chattanoogan.com

You are right I could have used a better choice of words now that I go back and read it and I couldn't agree with you more people have to make decisions every day that could be life altering and you have to live with those choices that you make but most people will never know what it is like to make decisions like that and have to live them............Hats off to all the LEO's out there and thanks for helping keep us as safe as you can.
For the record, although the title was a bit off, I understood that you were asking. So if I came across wrong to you, sorry.

Lucky for both of us the smart people showed up :rofl:

do you know details it said she was shot with her own gun

It has been several years, but as I recall she turned her back on an individual that was thought to be suicidal that she was transporting to a hospital emergency room and he grabbed her gun out of her holster and shot her.

If people were to "use their heads" a bit? they might not be put in such terrible situations..

this statement applies to leo's also. 9.8 out of 10 situations leo's encounter can be solved or handled with out a gun, baton, brawn, testosterone, fighting, and self defense. The mind is a very powerful weapon and prevention is always better than the cure. Obviously no one knows what really happened except the one's involved. This is a horrible situation that is completely unacceptable and I am sure the state will end up settling this out of court for perhaps millions of dollars.

For the record, although the title was a bit off, I understood that you were asking. So if I came across wrong to you, sorry.

Lucky for both of us the smart people showed up :rofl:

:rofl: its all good I just felt like after I posted it everybody flipped a brick and that was not my intentions. I just took the title from the article. Nah you didn't come across wrong I was just trying to clear up what I was asking/saying

If people were to "use their heads" a bit? they might not be put in such terrible situations..

this statement applies to leo's also. 9.8 out of 10 situations leo's encounter can be solved or handled with out a gun, baton, brawn, testosterone, fighting, and self defense. The mind is a very powerful weapon and prevention is always better than the cure. Obviously no one knows what really happened except the one's involved. This is a horrible situation that is completely unacceptable and I am sure the state will end up settling this out of court for perhaps millions of dollars.

8 out of 10 situations? what a distorted view this is I bet...

LEO's have HUNDREDS of encounters with citizens every month, you think they pull their gun out 20% of the time?

I am not a LEO but that sounds pretty excessive.. And if you think for one second that they are "not" thinking, you need to step into the box with SJ... You guys can go play "negotiator" with your own lives..

The time to think was prior to pulling a weapon and I would bet most of what happens after that is training..

I would have to bet if a LEO is checking out an unknown situation in the dark with "known" assailants that are likely armed, the amount of time left to "think" about a "shoot" or "no shoot" situation is microseconds.. You pop up around a dark corner, you are probably going to get shot.. And you know what? I do not blame the guy that has to make it home every night..

It is the same as the idiot running around in his car with a helmet on looking like a swat guy or terrorist.. he gets mad when he gets harassed and he is creating the situation..

I thought most Busa riders were smarter than this...

Back