cop shoots dog at dog park

Believe I heard on the news when this happened that the "cop" is military. Quite sure they said the SGT is stationed at Ft. Myer.

I love Husky's my favorite breed. Don't have all the facts fine, but what I do have slants me towards the dog. ****er shot a damn dog, so that makes him a ***** in my book. :rulez:

LOL, let me tell you something son, I guess i am not as paranoid as you are everywhere I go.
There's help for people like you.

Paranoid is a liberal term they have brainwashed you into believing .
I prefer the term prepared .
And there's nothing wrong with that .
Hopefully after some thug mugs you and rapes your wife in front of you there will be help for you too :)

Hopefully after some thug mugs you and rapes your wife in front of you there will be help for you too :)

Ditto that........Be prepared.

I just cant believe some of ya think its ok to shoot a dog in a dog park.

What if he was not an off duty police officer? Would it still be ok.

I take it that there are a lot law enforcement people in this forum and ya all stick together cuz he was an off duty police officer that shot the dog.

I know whats right and wrong and what he did by shooting that dog was wrong.

If that was my husky in that dog park and I carried a gun, they would have one dead off duty cop and one dead husky.
I am just speaking my mind.

I have two dogs and they are like my kids.

+10000 Same thing I was saying.

what if the dog was attacking the cop? since this is a one sided story. his dog was on a lease and could of gotten tangled up in the scuffle?

"prepared"? prepared for what?:poke:

"prepared"? prepared for what?:poke:

A thug mug, rape, it happens..

Considering it was a 100lb+ dog coming after my approx 80 or so dog, that's not a fight I want to get in the middle of. My mom had 2 shelties (miniature collies) 25lbs a piece, and about got the hell bitten out of me when I broke up a fight they were in. No way in hell I would ever jump in a fight between 2 100lb dogs. It's such a one sided story you can't tell what exactly happened. However, I'd like to think for a federal cop to shoot a dog, there was more of a reason than just "playing rough".

If it was me and my dog, and a husky came up and started fighting I might shoot it too if I couldn't pull my dog away.

if i was carrying, and some ******* shot my dog, i'd draw down on the ***********. it'd be the cop laying in the grass, bleeding quietly, while i rushed my puppies to the vet. what an *******.

I have to admit the cop should not have brought his dog there but we dont really know if the other dog was agressive or not and I for one would not even think about shooting anything agressive if I felt any bit intimidated and as far as being prepared damn straight I am :guns: :laugh: Prepared for what you ask well if you need to know then you are stupid:poke:

I just cant believe some of ya think its ok to shoot a dog in a dog park.

What if he was not an off duty police officer? Would it still be ok.

I take it that there are a lot law enforcement people in this forum and ya all stick together cuz he was an off duty police officer that shot the dog.

I know whats right and wrong and what he did by shooting that dog was wrong.

If that was my husky in that dog park and I carried a gun, they would have one dead off duty cop and one dead husky.
I am just speaking my mind.

I have two dogs and they are like my kids.

I would hope that if you had a dog that was of that size and played "rough" you would either have it properly trained or on a leash. It is irresponsible to have a dog like out that without a leash because you don't know how other people/dogs will react to it.

What if the Husky attacked a dog that just outright killed the husky because it thought it was getting seriously attacked? Then who is to blame? The Dog, the dog owner, or the Husky owner for not having a dog that comes across as aggressive at a dog park without a leash?

Speed, lets say I ran up to you and a loved female or any loved one on the street, you dont know me, but you have a concealed gun. I scream at your loved one "give me your money now before i kill you!" You would probably shoot me before I had a chance to say "just kidding!". My fault.

I think ya get my point :)

I have to admit the cop should not have brought his dog there but we dont really know if the other dog was agressive or not and I for one would not even think about shooting anything agressive if I felt any bit intimidated and as far as being prepared damn straight I am :guns: :laugh: Prepared for what you ask well if you need to know then you are stupid:poke:

I don't see why you and others say the cop should not have taken HIS dog there ?
It has not been shown dog was a K9 and if it was I would think they have strict interaction rules preventing K9s from going to dog parks .
Other than that dog parks are dog parks . It where you go to let your dog interact with other dogs and be a.....guess what A DOG ....duh !
They are gonna get frisky and nip and run with each other, that is unless you shoot somebodys dog for being....guess what....A DOG.

"omg officer it was horrible. We took Shep over to the dog park and another dog came over , sniffed sheps butt and asked him if he could get loose for a few . That's when I became fearful for Sheps and my life and Swiss cheesed the 'frisky husky' .
Horrible , I'm scarred for life now.
Think I can sue the owner of the husky for mental trauma ?"
:rofl:

On the rest I agree with you Jeep

A thug mug, rape, it happens..

Considering it was a 100lb+ dog coming after my approx 80 or so dog, that's not a fight I want to get in the middle of. My mom had 2 shelties (miniature collies) 25lbs a piece, and about got the hell bitten out of me when I broke up a fight they were in. No way in hell I would ever jump in a fight between 2 100lb dogs. It's such a one sided story you can't tell what exactly happened. However, I'd like to think for a federal cop to shoot a dog, there was more of a reason than just "playing rough".

If it was me and my dog, and a husky came up and started fighting I might shoot it too if I couldn't pull my dog away.

C;mon man, we are talking about a damn dog park, what's wrong with you people?:poke:

Here we go defend the stupid act of the fellow bacon bits you guys never let us down every dam time one of the LAW does something retarded you guys come to the rescue save it for your private club we dont want to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hope that if you had a dog that was of that size and played "rough" you would either have it properly trained or on a leash. It is irresponsible to have a dog like out that without a leash because you don't know how other people/dogs will react to it.

What if the Husky attacked a dog that just outright killed the husky because it thought it was getting seriously attacked? Then who is to blame? The Dog, the dog owner, or the Husky owner for not having a dog that comes across as aggressive at a dog park without a leash?

Speed, lets say I ran up to you and a loved female or any loved one on the street, you dont know me, but you have a concealed gun. I scream at your loved one "give me your money now before i kill you!" You would probably shoot me before I had a chance to say "just kidding!". My fault.

I think ya get my point :)

I can agree with what you are saying, but just think, If YOU were to have done that, tell me that you would not be in any hot water with the law. I'm sure that discharge around children or in a park would be more that enough to put you away for a few months. Its obserd that the dog got shot, but the part that pisses me off even more is that no more investigation is planed. Oh, its a cop/military so its fine he knows what he is doing.

That sounds awfully like what happened with the dog, don't it? That is why you have to be educated and permitted to CC, so you know how to handle a situation.
Ok, lets hypothetically think that it was a police dog... I'm sure it could have tore the husky a new one. No need for a gun... :poke:

Back