Jobless father kills family, self

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
just saw this in news, what a tragedy.

E-mail Printer friendly Last updated: January 27, 2009 2:17 p.m. Dad kills entire family of 6Associated PressAdvertisement
LOS ANGELES – A father apparently distraught over job problems shot and killed his wife, five young children and then himself at their home Tuesday, police said.

The victims included two sets of twins.

The bodies were found when police responded to a report of a shooting in progress in the Wilmington area shortly before 8:30 a.m., Officer Sam Park said. The bodies were found throughout the family's two-story home.

The victims were not immediately identified.

Deputy Chief Kenneth Garner said the man killed his wife, an 8-year-old girl, twin 5-year-old daughters and twin 2-year-old sons.

A revolver was found at the home.

"He was despondent, clearly, over his job situation," Garner said.

Either before or after killing his family, the man sent a two-page typewritten letter to KABC-TV, Garner said. The Burbank-based TV station called police in that suburb, Garner said.

The station did not publicly release the note, but Garner described its content.

"Obviously, he wanted somebody to find the bodies," Garner said.

"In the note, he clearly said he was going to kill himself, his wife and his kids," Garner said.

Garner said he didn't exactly know the man's job situation, but "it wasn't going well at work."

"Today our worst fear was realized," Garner said. "It's just not a solution. There's just so many ways you find alternatives to doing something so horrific and drastic as this."

Wilmington, about 18 miles south of downtown, is a 10-square-mile
community adjacent to the Port of Los Angeles.

Last edited:
I hope somewhere those people who greedily took everything they could while driving the economy into the ground read this. I hope their money feels dirty.

Heard about this on the radio this morning. Sad, very sad.

I hope somewhere those people who greedily took everything they could while driving the economy into the ground read this. I hope their money feels dirty.
unfortunately if you study the depression, this was fairly common...

The greedy suckers feel bad? not going to happen.. only thing they are going to feel bad about is .... hmmmm cost of pizza?

Yea, saw this on the news this morning. Very sad. I'm not judging, but I can't understand how someone could kill their family because of hard economic times. I love my wife and as long as she is there to stand beside me ghrough life, I will never be looking for the "easy" way out.

Wow, how does someone get fired from a hospital...that's as close to a government job as one can get?

Still, these times will pass. Even if they don't, there's no reason to take one's own life - and especially not the lives of other innocent people.

Wow, how does someone get fired from a hospital...that's as close to a government job as one can get?

Still, these times will pass. Even if they don't, there's no reason to take one's own life - and especially not the lives of other innocent people.
Cuts are being made everywhere. The money isn't there to pay for lots of things, so less hospital visits. I know I won't go unless they can carry me :laugh:

I know Mr. B, they have no remorse, but I wish that even for a moment they could see what they have done and feel the lives they have destroyed.

Now I am going back to my happy place :laugh:

I can understand feeling depressed with the economy the way it is, but to kill your family!!!! You know he had to have been thinking about it for a little while. Why didn't he go seek out help, counceling? He worked in the medical field, a college grad. I feel bad for his wife and kids, they obviously didn't have a say. I am heading down the road of judgement and I don't want to do that. I will pray for Mercy for his soul and let God deal with him.

And don't worry the Greedy people responsible will get their justice too.

pple worry themselves to do stuff like this. i can see this guys situation (2 kids, house mortgage, etc) but murder and suicide is not the way to solve sht. they'll defly be more and more of these type of stories...

Unfortunately I think we'll be hearing more sad stories like this before it gets better.
Posted via Mobile Device

TALK with your friends... LISTEN to your friends. Make sure everything is cool. People don't like to "share" because it's weak or not macho, but talk through things. You never know who could use your ear for a few minutes. You could save their life.

THE PILLS DON'T WORK

TALK with your friends... LISTEN to your friends. Make sure everything is cool. People don't like to "share" because it's weak or not macho, but talk through things. You never know who could use your ear for a few minutes. You could save their life.

THE PILLS DON'T WORK

thats what am saying..

Back