Train down...

Tell us that isn't blood by the skid mark on your driveway..
Nah, not blood. Just a little dried mud that got tracked onto the driveway from the shop site.
wink.gif
The only blood I lost yesterday was from hittin' my fuggin' thumb with a hammer while nailin' the tin on my shop.
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

Train, that sucks! But glad you are OK! I dropped mine SUPER SLOW last winter while moving it around in the garage on the right side also. (I lost balance while walkin' beside it and it was more of a lay instead of a drop because it went down very soft..hehe)
Anyway I had no sliders and it broke my brake lever, scratched my mirror, bar end, yosh carbon can, and also scratched my R fairing up pretty bad which was very knotecable. Mine was 110% mint until then! Not even a hairline scratch! Since then, I have already replaced my R fairing.. By lookin' at the damage it done to yours compared to mine, believe me, those sliders helped ALOT!
BTW, Where did you get those sliders again?  
tounge.gif
I forget.. Do you have a link where you got them?
Got 'em at the link BigBSBusa posted... www.parts411.com.

Link no longer works to go directly to the busa sliders.
wink.gif
Oh, they use a pic of the swing arm sliders/spools, but the part number at the link I just posted gets you the busa sliders. They said they didn't have a pic of the busa sliders so they used the pic you see. WTF?
rock.gif
Anyway, the part number is right for sliders, not swingarm sliders.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Since I sort of joked about Da' Train "goin' down" when I lowered 'er, I thought I'd start this post out by sayin' that it ain't no joke.
rock.gif

First of all, I'm fine and Da' Train is ok other than some light battle scars. I'd like to say up front... THANK GOD FOR MY FRAME SLIDERS!!!

Ok, I rode 'er to my Grandmother's house for lunch today to see if I could tell any difference with the Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil. When I came home I came down the driveway a little "hot". When I started my u-turn in front of the garage, even though I was goin really slow I still had a little front brake on for, ummm, only God knows why. I simply fugged up and the front wheel locked up and went to full right lock (steering). The front washed and she fell on the throttle side. Luckily it didn't slide far. Actually she stopped forward movement before she hit the pavement so it didn't grind anything. Just the scars from fallin' over on the rough concrete surface.

I'm kickin' myself in the ass still. Oh well, could have been MUCH worse. I could be postin' about a high speed get off. It wasn't like I took it easy on 'er today.
wink.gif

Yeah, I know... PICS!!! I grabbed the S500 and snapped 'em before I even came here to post about it.
wink.gif

Shot#1- The piece that kept it from bein' much worse than it could have been. Kept the clip-ons and mirrors off the ground and kept most of the fairing and the upper off the ground. Replacin' an end cap on the LP slider is MUCH cheaper than replacin' mirrors and clip-ons!
biggrin.gif
As you can see, it just boogered up the aluminum end cap on the bottom.
BT, sorry to hear about Da 'Train going down!  I know how it is when that happens!  It just flat sucks!  Glad you were okay and that it wasn't extremely serious.  If I were back home I could send you an end cap since I have a couple extra.  I know the damage is cosmetic, but it still hurts to know she is no longer a virgin.  You've got skills, though, so I know it will be the best lookin' bike on the board again very soon!
Yeah, I should be able to make it sweet again. I'm just glad I haven't already done my paint job. It would REALLY suck then.
eek2.gif

wink.gif

The only blood I lost yesterday was from hittin' my fuggin' thumb with a hammer while nailin' the tin on my shop.
mad.gif
biggrin.gif
Whenever I'm working with someone using a hammer and they hit a finger, i always say, 'wrong nail!' haha..

Anyways, glad you're ok Chris, I am glad it was lowspeed if anything. I was getting a little antsy reading all the posts of accidents lately
sad.gif

You'll get that thing back to exquisitivity in no time
smile.gif
Post pics when u fix Da Train back up! (like I have to ask!?)

Glad that you are fine, Chris. And gald that the damage to Da Train is indeed minimal. Not too sure where I stand on the slider thing, but, Yo Rev what's that on your ceiling? Looks like they saved you a little extra heartache!

We all live and learn, so it's no big deal. I just hope I got plenty of learnin' in when I was younger on dirties!
biggrin.gif

Happy that you're safe bro!

Damn BT!  I know you are just pissed...though it appears you're taking it quite well...
sad.gif

It almost sounds like you did what I did when I dropped Caesar in the driveway...I had the bike turned hard to the left and instead of rolling through a sharp turn, for some reason (ummm, let's say I was INEXPERIENCED), I had the front brake on enough to just cause me to tip right over...

When 500 lbs wants to fall, just get the hell out of the way!  I crushed my finger, remember?!  Just glad you weren't hurt and I'd say I'd still vote FOR the frame sliders, though grabntwist does bring up a point...

If I'd only damaged what BT did in a fall, I probably would have opted for paint...I messed up that damn Kanji, the upper AND side panel...too many scratches spread out that I couldn't live with...glad the damage is minimal BT...and so glad you're not hurt...well, the ego took a hit...I know that one...
smile.gif

Meant to say that the frame sliders did indeed help you BT...the damage is minimal...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "I'm stupid..."|1085406250 -->

I too am gald your OK...Kind of odd I was praticing circles and eights today on my bike for tight turn arounds...
evil.gif

mad.gif
biggrin.gif
Whenever I'm working with someone using a hammer and they hit a finger, i always say, 'wrong nail!' haha..

Anyways, glad you're ok Chris, I am glad it was lowspeed if anything.  I was getting a little antsy reading all the posts of accidents lately
sad.gif

You'll get that thing back to exquisitivity in no time
smile.gif
 Post pics when u fix Da Train back up!  (like I have to ask!?)
Hehehehehe... That's pretty good. It was indeed the wrong nail!
eek2.gif

Glad that you are fine, Chris. And gald that the damage to Da Train is indeed minimal. Not too sure where I stand on the slider thing, but, Yo Rev what's that on your ceiling? Looks like they saved you a little extra heartache!

We all live and learn, so it's no big deal. I just hope I got plenty of learnin' in when I was younger on dirties!
biggrin.gif

Happy that you're safe bro!
Thanks man.
beerchug.gif

Damn BT!  I know you are just pissed...though it appears you're taking it quite well...
sad.gif

It almost sounds like you did what I did when I dropped Caesar in the driveway...I had the bike turned hard to the left and instead of rolling through a sharp turn, for some reason (ummm, let's say I was INEXPERIENCED), I had the front brake on enough to just cause me to tip right over...

When 500 lbs wants to fall, just get the hell out of the way!  I crushed my finger, remember?!  Just glad you weren't hurt and I'd say I'd still vote FOR the frame sliders, though grabntwist does bring up a point...

If I'd only damaged what BT did in a fall, I probably would have opted for paint...I messed up that damn Kanji, the upper AND side panel...too many scratches spread out that I couldn't live with...glad the damage is minimal BT...and so glad you're not hurt...well, the ego took a hit...I know that one...
smile.gif

Meant to say that the frame sliders did indeed help you BT...the damage is minimal...
Yeah, well, the ego took a hit but not because of the damage. It was because of the damned stupid move I made that caused the damage.
blush.gif

FWIW, I did sort of pull a muscle in my arm tryin' to keep 'er up. Just didn't have time to get my footing and balance it happened so quick. There was NO way I was gonna just step off and watch 'er fall but I couldn't stop 'er from goin' down. Terrible feeling!
drooling3.gif

Good thing is that paint was comin' anyway and the fairings were the two stock pieces I was gonna spray anyway. That's why I'm takin' it so well. If I didn't plan to paint anyway I'd be pitchin' a fuggin' fit!
wink.gif

Since I sort of joked about Da' Train "goin' down" when I lowered 'er, I thought I'd start this post out by sayin' that it ain't no joke.
rock.gif

First of all, I'm fine and Da' Train is ok other than some light battle scars. I'd like to say up front... THANK GOD FOR MY FRAME SLIDERS!!!

Ok, I rode 'er to my Grandmother's house for lunch today to see if I could tell any difference with the Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil. When I came home I came down the driveway a little "hot". When I started my u-turn in front of the garage, even though I was goin really slow I still had a little front brake on for, ummm, only God knows why. I simply fugged up and the front wheel locked up and went to full right lock (steering). The front washed and she fell on the throttle side. Luckily it didn't slide far. Actually she stopped forward movement before she hit the pavement so it didn't grind anything. Just the scars from fallin' over on the rough concrete surface.

I'm kickin' myself in the ass still. Oh well, could have been MUCH worse. I could be postin' about a high speed get off. It wasn't like I took it easy on 'er today.
wink.gif

Yeah, I know... PICS!!! I grabbed the S500 and snapped 'em before I even came here to post about it.
wink.gif

Shot#1- The piece that kept it from bein' much worse than it could have been. Kept the clip-ons and mirrors off the ground and kept most of the fairing and the upper off the ground. Replacin' an end cap on the LP slider is MUCH cheaper than replacin' mirrors and clip-ons!
biggrin.gif
BT, sorry to hear about Da 'Train going down!  I know how it is when that happens!  It just flat sucks!  Glad you were okay and that it wasn't extremely serious.  If I were back home I could send you an end cap since I have a couple extra.  I know the damage is cosmetic, but it still hurts to know she is no longer a virgin.  You've got skills, though, so I know it will be the best lookin' bike on the board again very soon!
Yeah, I should be able to make it sweet again. I'm just glad I haven't already done my paint job. It would REALLY suck then.
eek2.gif
I know that's right! Anytime you want to slide a 'bro a few details about that paint scheme feel free BTW!

wink.gif

rock.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif
eek2.gif
I know that's right!  Anytime you want to slide a 'bro a few details about that paint scheme feel free BTW!
Now now BigBSBusa...only I'm privy to that info...well, me and maybe someone else...
biggrin.gif

I can tell you that I've heard many different ideas over the last several months...all amazing! It's going to be nice...

I think I need to PM BT and see what new idea he's come up with! Oh BT...where are you?
tounge.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Now, that's not fair Michelle! All I'm asking for is a little peep!

Hehehehehe... I'll drop you a little bone by e-mail when you hit me up and let me know yer addy over there BigBS. It's the least I can do since yer stuck over there for the next year. It isn't the same e-mail addy as before is it? Can you check that one from there?
rock.gif
Hit me up and I'll hook you up.
wink.gif

Now now BigBSBusa...only I'm privy to that info...well, me and maybe someone else...
biggrin.gif

I can tell you that I've heard many different ideas over the last several months...all amazing!  It's going to be nice...

I think I need to PM BT and see what new idea he's come up with!  Oh BT...where are you?  
tounge.gif
Now now, Michelle. Play nice... Yer my lil' sis, but BigBS is me bro, now.
rock.gif
Hey, wait. You don't know the latest anyway...
wink.gif

Hey, uhhh, other person that knows the latest. Keep it top secret, bro! Don't let 'em pick it out of ya. Especially watch the blonde chick. She's sneaky!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back