WENT DOWN TODAY!!!

DaddyPhatSaks

Registered
well i went down today it was my first time being down and have no one to blame but the idiot staring back at me when i look in the mirror. i got up in the morning washed my bike (00 yamaha r1 she looked soooo nice ) polished my frame had her sparkling so i decided to take her out and get some newly aquired sunshine on her freshly cleaned body. well , after about say around an a hour and a half of riding started to come back home went through a couple resident neighbor hoods so i can get on it a little (luckily there were no kids in the streets!!) well i was going a "bit" too fast around a corner and lost it because i WASN"T PAYING ATTENTION LIKE A DUMBASS!!!! i lost it going around the corner hit a big thick dense , concrete base filled plastic pole (you know the ones that surround like power transformers and stuff so that if a car were to jump curb it wouldnt do to much damage to the transformer) well , when i lost it i hit the pole flew off the bike about 6 feet bike just demolished the pole and there was a 6ft fence pretty close by to it as well the bike hit one of the corner post and i was done , while it happened this fukkin explorer drove by watched my fly for a few seconds and kept on going but he managed to stop and watch though so i bet he told all his buddies about how he watched this dumb kid wreck his bike anyway a couple guys stopped asked if i was ok said yea but i was and am hurting called a buddy on his cell came by brought the bike back home in the garage now . i was pretty scraped up and thought i broke myleg , knee, wrist and my hand so he took me to the hospital and got checked out and had x-rays done thank god no broken bones or anything severe , just some deep tissue damage in my shoulder , knee and right leg , and my right hand and wrist should be ok in a few weeks , sore as hell !!! but i will live , as for the bike miraculously its just cosmetic need all new plastics headlight , mirrors, etc. but thank god i am still alive could have been a lot worse and SHOULD have gave the bike and road a little more respect and consentration this morning but it happened and i'm ok , ego and pride is shot to s@$% but im ok. well, i couldn't sleep cuz i am in a little bit of painjust thought i would share thank GOD i'm alive and breathing !!! puts life into a whole new perspective now , well, i am off to bed to see if i can get to sleep everyone drive safe and becareful !!! thanks for your time

Get well soon. Sorry to hear about your wreck.
sad.gif

Not to kick you while you're down, but residential areas are NOT the place for a spirited ride. Too many kids, and pets, and people the call the police.

sorry to hear about your luck...

i just heard a friend got a ticket tonite driving while suspended
last week he got into an accident
low sided his R6,
a week after his new paint and new plastics
sad.gif

kid never learns
19 yrs old
5 unpiad tickets he has to go to court for
and he has a wrecked bike he ows 9k on

sad.gif

TAKE IT SLOW PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

LIVE TO RIDE ANOTHER DAY!!!!!!!!!

summer is here and we wil here more and more about this kind of stuff
i hope its no one i know

every body ride safe

sad.gif

Hope your feelin better soon! Make sure you check the frame, forks, etc., for any cracks or bends when you put her back together.
sad.gif

even though it sucks to wreck your bike, the important thing is that you can still tell the story....could be worse! anyway hope your back on the bike soon.

I hope you recover quickly, take some asprin before bed! At least no broken bones, and as you say, it looks like only cosmetic damage. Hey, the bike can be fixed or replaced, but your body is a one time use deal!

Good Luck!

I feel for you. I really know how you feel. I'm still recovering from my crash in Dec. Get well soon and back on that bike.
smile.gif

thanks guys !!! got up this morning could barely move i was so stiff , im glad have the oppurtuniy to wake up thats the most important thing went by the crash site and im glad i was able to tell this story cuz it could have been a lot worse maybe this will be that turning point into making me into a consciencious*(spelling) rider it sucks that it had to take me going down but im alive and kicking now i need to be more smart when i ride and respect the road even more.after a little bit i went to check on the bike cranked her up throttle sticking but other than that she runs perfect , forks , frame , wheels , subframe all not bent nor cracked and looks good so not only am i pretty lucky but the bike as well . i was looking for a newer bike (gsxr 1000) maybe that was her way of telling me i aint getting rid of her ,but now i am looking for new plastics for my 00' yamaha r1 so if anyone can help me out with any info will be appreciated , but for now just going to sit back relax pop my muscle relaxers and get better !!! take it easy everyone

Glad you came out alright Bro. Could have been alot worse like Jason Williams. Don't beat yourself too bad, we've all overdone it a little a times. Thank God you only got a little bruising to you body and pride. Be safe and ride long.

God bless,
Angelo

bigdawg_platinum.jpg

glad you are okay and had yourself checked out right away. I waited a month to get looked at, and 6 months later.... still reeling in the pain.

peace.

OUCH! Sounds like you are in some pain today...
So glad you're around to share this with us though...keep your chin up...bikes can be fixed...heal fast...

Back