Went down today.....

Bwinkert

Registered
while travelin through the great state of KS on 435 at K7 I was clipped in the front end by a car passin me on the right..it was a small red volvo with KS tags..didnt get a plate number
sad.gif
...sent me off through the median at 80 plus MPH i let go once i figured i wasnt gonna be able to keep it up in the grass I rolled side to side for a good 80' no helmet and never again will that happen..I was lucky enough to walk away with only some road rash to the face nose right and left arm right flank and left shoulder....The guy never stopped...and here pretty soon I'll have the tank cam footage of my wreck but im trying to pull plate #'s off the guys car so I guess im lucky to be here. no stiches or broken bones only a broken bike and heart lol.....havent got to see my bike yet to see what all is tore up its at the tow lot gotta pick it up tommrow....Eveyone be safe out there
Brad

glad to hear you are alright... WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!!

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085369543 -->

Damn man that is bad news !! ... but the good news is that you were hurt any worse ... glad to see you are up and posting on the board ... hope you help the cops catch that hit and run cager and they'd better put them under the jail and throw away the keys! Heal up fast and thank God that you weren't hurt much worse.

Man,
THAT sucks!!
Glad you are ok.
I hope you get a plate number so you can put that biatch in jail for hit and run!

I couldn't be in your position, as I would surely go to jail myself, for the ass beating that I would be dishing out...........

Glad to hear that you are ok. Good luck getting the guy that did this to you.

wow.gif

i know you dont wanna hear this right now but
WTF were you thinking not wearing your gear after all the crap that is posted here about people getting hurt in accidents cause no gear???

i know i sound like an azz right now but dude you gotta wear your gear..

Man that sucks that you got clipped, but you were LUCKY to get up and walk away. With no gear on? Wow. I hope because of this experience you will make it a habit of wearing all your stuff. I'm moving to Phoenix in August, and they don't have a helmet law in AZ, but no matter how hot it is, I will never ride without my gear, otherwise if its too hot, I'll take my car (sort of like in the cold states when it snows, most won't ride...same with the AZ heat). Seen too many NOT walk away. Just glad that you're alright. I hope you're able to find the f***er that clipped you.

Glad you were able to walk away! I wonder how long that 'no helmet' law in KS will last. In fact, I wonder why it hasn't been changed yet? Hope you get that mo' fo'!

Man, what kind of luck is it that you had a camera setup on the bike? I'm glad your not hurt and I hope that you can catch that A-Hole that clipped ya!

Wow! 80mph lay down with no lid or gear and your not hurt? Someone is definately lookin over YOU bro!

GOD Bless

Dan
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|UR IT!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085397292 -->

Glad you're okay bro and I seriously hope you get the plates of the soccer mom so she'll get a hit & run charge. No way they didn't see if they're passing you at 80mph. Good luck with the video.

God bless,
BD

Since everybody else already hit on the sympathy side, allow me to use you as a test-case dummy (no offense).

First off, gear, and you wouldn't have had a single scratch on your body period.  Second, this is a perfect example of why we need to be constantly paying attention to the boxes.  THEY don't care about, notice, or pay attention to US.  I know you don't wanna hear about it, but this was easily avoidable...

First, by constantly using SEE (Search, Evaluate, and Execute), you notice the box accelerating up like a jerk and passing on the wrong side...  From this point you could have:

1. Used busa power and showed him what accelerating REALLY is (my option);
2. Paid close attention to him with both hand hoovering over controls (lever) ready for evasive action;
3. Possibly cleared fastlane before he arrived;
4. Sat there thinking, "what a jerk." And get clipped when he swung in your lane.

Of course there are other options, but, these are the ones that come to mind.

And, please don't think I am a bobo (even though I am) for pointing this out.  It is IMPARATIVE that others learn from your mistake.  Not all medians are spongy-assed grass.  Out my way, you would have been pushed into a jersey barrier and prolly flown up and over into oncoming traffic.  Gear-or-no, you would be DEAD.  So, I am merely pointing out some flaws.  Constructive criticism and all...

Besides, I wanted to beat my good buddy SilveR to the punch-line, because he woulda pointed this out as well.

BTW - I am sorry to hear about your get off and sincerly hope you heal quickly and easily.

Also, definitely post that video and any pics you have.  Let us know what parts you may be needing, many of us have spares for free!

And finally, to quote a close friend from the goofy land above, "Rubber Side Down."

cool.gif

-Rip

<!--EDIT|The Oracle
Reason for Edit: "going easy"|1085403499 -->

Back