Went down today

IScream

Registered
I wrecked the Busa on my way to work this morning. It happened so fast that it's still kind of a blur. I was running with traffic at about 60MPH and paying too much attention to a car in the lane next to me that looked like it was about to come over on top of me. Next thing I know, I'm closing fast on a mini van that had to stomp on the brakes in front of me. I grabbed a handfull of brake, locked the front wheel, released, ended up locking it a second time and catching it again. All this time I'm trying to make it over to the shoulder. I thought I had it made but he had to hit his brakes again and I ended up smacking the very left edge of his bumper at around 20MPH. At least I think it was about that speed.

It was entirely my fault, but I'm still not sure how I didn't notice he was stopping so fast. I think he may have already been slowing, so his brake lights were lit the entire time and I was focusing too much on not getting run over by the person next to me to realize I was closing on him so fast at first. It probably cost me about a second of reaction time and that's about how much more I needed. If I hadn't locked the front wheel I probably could have stopped too.

I came out of it pretty well. I have a few bruises and my right wrist is jammed up pretty bad but I got checked out and nothing is broken. I'm not sure how bad the bike is yet. Wiped out the plastic on the nose and the front fender is busted. Busted off the clutch lever and some other, rather minor, rash. I don't know if I bent the forks or not though.

-Chris

Yeah, that sucks. Get back on it asap.

--Wag--

not good it can happen so fast glad ya came out with no major injurys
smile.gif

Sorry to hear about the crash but I'm glad you walked away from it. Hope you can get yourself and the bike fixed up soon.

You can replace the bike or anything on the bike, but your body... thats another story. Hope all goes well and you get everything back to normal..

Glad you're ok.......that is almost the very same thing that happened to me bout' a week ago. Luckily the car in front saw me closing in fast....he swerved left and I swerved right. It was perfect! I gave that dude a big "thumbs up" He saved me from wrecking!

Back