Train down...

Here is a suggestion that might help with your Hindle. I have not done this with Hindle cans but have with a few others that have had an outside scratch or ding.

Many times in the construction of cans they use jigs to drill the rivet holes but there is not an up or down, meaning that if you drill the rivets on the pipe end and the exhaust end you can flip the can so the ding in on the inside. A sign shop or Hindle can provide you with a new sticker and none will be the wiser. Just remove the stock sticker and re-rivet the can together. Plus you can remove some of the packing to get that race bike sound and scare pedestrians when zipped to 9K if you like (loud bikes save lives. Removing the 75% of the packing from my Akapo was the first thing I did.)

Glad to see you are ok above and beyond.
Hope this helps.

And where can I find busa frame sliders.

-JH

Train,

Everything withstanding with how it happened, we're just gad here in the UR IT! house that your OK...

GOD BLESS!

Dan

Here is a suggestion that might help with your Hindle. I have not done this with Hindle cans but have with a few others that have had an outside scratch or ding.

Many times in the construction of cans they use jigs to drill the rivet holes but there is not an up or down, meaning that if you drill the rivets on the pipe end and the exhaust end you can flip the can so the ding in on the inside. A sign shop or Hindle can provide you with a new sticker and none will be the wiser. Just remove the stock sticker and re-rivet the can together. Plus you can remove some of the packing to get that race bike sound and scare pedestrians when zipped to 9K if you like (loud bikes save lives. Removing the 75% of the packing from my Akapo was the first thing I did.)

Glad to see you are ok above and beyond.
Hope this helps.

And where can I find busa frame sliders.

-JH
Actually, where it is, you'd have to lay under it to see the scuff on the can after cleanin' it off. I think I'll be able to smooth it out enough that it'd be hard to tell even if you got down and looked for it. Thanks a million for the tip though. It would be interesting to see how the can sounded with some packing removed. Maybe sometime down the road I might try that.
wink.gif

Definitely glad it wasn't a high speed crash. You can repair the bike easier then yourself!

that sucks
i drop her the second day i rod it
put her on the stand but was in a ruc a nd didn't bring the stand forward enough.
Bike fell on me while I was tying my shoes.
Didn't have fram sliders, good thing i was there.

glad you're ok

Life never ceases to remind us that we're human. Good think it was all minor damage (other than mental) and that you're ok.
wink.gif

Glad you're ok, BT.. the bike'll be easy enough to fix... I concur on your opinion re the sliders.. a wise investment, imo.. Tell us that isn't blood by the skid mark on your driveway..

Hey BT glad you're ok, that's all that is really important anyway....the other stuff has a way of working itself out.....

Monty

You too, eh? I fell on the right side this Thursday. I slipped on a slick spot at an intersection (thankfully I didn't go further and get hit by oncoming traffic). Minor scuffing on the plastics and the brake lever tip broke.

Oh well, I'm just going to leave it until I get enough money to do something. I guess I'll be testing those base-binders this time and get the pearl black I really wanted and not the charcoal I got now.
biggrin.gif

Train, that sucks! But glad you are OK! I dropped mine SUPER SLOW last winter while moving it around in the garage on the right side also. (I lost balance while walkin' beside it and it was more of a lay instead of a drop because it went down very soft..hehe)
Anyway I had no sliders and it broke my brake lever, scratched my mirror, bar end, yosh carbon can, and also scratched my R fairing up pretty bad which was very knotecable. Mine was 110% mint until then! Not even a hairline scratch! Since then, I have already replaced my R fairing.. By lookin' at the damage it done to yours compared to mine, believe me, those sliders helped ALOT!
BTW, Where did you get those sliders again?  
tounge.gif
I forget.. Do you have a link where you got them?

Train, that sucks! But glad you are OK! I dropped mine SUPER SLOW last winter while moving it around in the garage on the right side also. (I lost balance while walkin' beside it and it was more of a lay instead of a drop because it went down very soft..hehe)
Anyway I had no sliders and it broke my brake lever, scratched my mirror, bar end, yosh carbon can, and also scratched my R fairing up pretty bad which was very knotecable. Mine was 110% mint until then! Not even a hairline scratch! Since then, I have already replaced my R fairing.. By lookin' at the damage it done to yours compared to mine, believe me, those sliders helped ALOT!
BTW, Where did you get those sliders again?  
tounge.gif
I forget.. Do you have a link where you got them?
<a href="www.parts411.com">Parts 411<a> has good prices on the carbon fiber frame sliders that a lot of us have.

Since I sort of joked about Da' Train "goin' down" when I lowered 'er, I thought I'd start this post out by sayin' that it ain't no joke.
rock.gif

First of all, I'm fine and Da' Train is ok other than some light battle scars. I'd like to say up front... THANK GOD FOR MY FRAME SLIDERS!!!

Ok, I rode 'er to my Grandmother's house for lunch today to see if I could tell any difference with the Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil. When I came home I came down the driveway a little "hot". When I started my u-turn in front of the garage, even though I was goin really slow I still had a little front brake on for, ummm, only God knows why. I simply fugged up and the front wheel locked up and went to full right lock (steering). The front washed and she fell on the throttle side. Luckily it didn't slide far. Actually she stopped forward movement before she hit the pavement so it didn't grind anything. Just the scars from fallin' over on the rough concrete surface.

I'm kickin' myself in the ass still. Oh well, could have been MUCH worse. I could be postin' about a high speed get off. It wasn't like I took it easy on 'er today.
wink.gif

Yeah, I know... PICS!!! I grabbed the S500 and snapped 'em before I even came here to post about it.
wink.gif

Shot#1- The piece that kept it from bein' much worse than it could have been. Kept the clip-ons and mirrors off the ground and kept most of the fairing and the upper off the ground. Replacin' an end cap on the LP slider is MUCH cheaper than replacin' mirrors and clip-ons!
biggrin.gif
As you can see, it just boogered up the aluminum end cap on the bottom.
BT, sorry to hear about Da 'Train going down! I know how it is when that happens! It just flat sucks! Glad you were okay and that it wasn't extremely serious. If I were back home I could send you an end cap since I have a couple extra. I know the damage is cosmetic, but it still hurts to know she is no longer a virgin. You've got skills, though, so I know it will be the best lookin' bike on the board again very soon!

wink.gif

BT you've got to be kidin me, the same thing happened to me a week after installing my frame sliders. I have the same lil hatchmark on my lower fairing and frameslider on the right side. Had I not installed those sliders, I'd be shopping for a new plastic. Long live frame sliders.
tounge.gif

Back