Totaled my bike today

Drinking & Driving Violations Driving Under Influence of Alcohol or Drugs (KS Statutes Ch. 8, Article 10)
Driving Without a License / With a Suspended License Licenses required (KS Statute 8-235)
Driving Without Insurance / With Insufficient Insurance Motor vehicle liability insurance coverage required (KS Statutes 40-3104)
Driving Without Registration / With Expired Registration Registration of vehicles operated in this state (KS Statute 8-127)
Illegal U-Turns Limitations on "U" turns (KS Statutes 8-1546)
Leaving the Scene of an Accident / Hit & Run Accidents and Accident Reports (KS Statutes Ch. 8, Article 16)
Mechanical Violations Equipment of Vehicles (KS Statutes Ch. 8, Article 17)
Reckless Driving Reckless driving; penalties (KS Statutes 8-1566)

Running a Red Light / Stop Sign Official traffic control devices; required obedience (KS Statutes 8-1507)
Seat Belt / Child Restraint Violations Safety Belt Use Act (KS Statutes Ch. 8, Article 25)
Child passenger safety; restraining systems for children under the age of four; use of seat belts by children between the ages of five and fourteen. (KS Statutes 8-1344)
Speeding Maximum speed limits (KS Statutes 8-1558)
Unlawful Vehicle Modifications Equipment of Vehicles (KS Statutes Ch. 8, Article 17)

mad.gif
  No Ins....  

Glad you walked away...
+1

Important thing is your OK... It Sux
mad.gif
, We all have to ride like we are invisible, they (Cagers) don't look for us, see us or acknowledge us. Glad your OK
smile.gif
Very well stated, couldn't say it any better!
beerchug.gif

Like i said earlier, just do what your heart compels you to do. If you think you should sue, do it, if you don't think it is a good idea, don't. And thank goodness you are ok once again.

And as for them not seeing, acknowledging, or caring about seeing us, sometimes they just plain want to kill us ANYWAY!!

Glad yur ok man!!
bowdown.gif

Yeah, glad you're okay. I would sue if I were you anyway. Even if she has nothing. It should cost you no more than $50 to file it, and likely if she has nothing, she'll not show in court anyway. Giving you the win by default. Let the judgement go against her, on record to protect you in the future for insurance showing you were not at fault for this accident. Also ask that her wages be garnished until whatever amount is paid off. Likely you'll never see a cent if she's one of the deadbeats suckling off of the welfare system (hence tax payers). But at least you have it on record and protect yourself against insurance.

So sorry about the bike, So happy that you are OK and able to ride again!!!!!!!! I know what you mean about having a Angle watching over you
biggrin.gif

Please kindly refer to the following law in Kansas (I inferred from your Avatar that you are in Kansas)

KS Statutes 40-3104
It is illegal to drive without insurance.
Jurisidiction: Kansas, USA

Said individual has broken the law.

If said individual has no assets, suing may not be your best option.

All the best,
SteelHead
Kansas city Mo.

+1 on the criminal complaint.  I'm almost certain MO has a law against driving without at least liability.  If she can't afford even basic insurance, then she can't afford to drive, PERIOD.

I know my conscience (
laugh.gif
) wouldn't let me rest knowing someone like that is still on the road.

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149816229 -->

+1 on the criminal complaint. I'm almost certain MO has a law against driving without at least liability. If she can't afford even basic insurance, then she can't afford to drive, PERIOD.

I know my conscience (
laugh.gif
) wouldn't let me rest knowing someone like that is still on the road.
I agree, I'm going to check and see what options I have.

Here are the pix:

Dayum - All this and only a bruised knee! YOU are one LUCKY MAN!

DSC_0252.JPG

Back