Went down after 3+ years of almost daily riding.

Dehning

Registered
I was on my way home yesterday, just got the busa inspected, only been back on the road for a week after replacing my head when the old lady in the car two ahead of me suddenly brakes without warning, the car in front of me hits the anchors as do I but alas there was an oil spot in my path and the bike was down before I even know what happened. Wasn't going that quickly but watched my new fairings being ground away as the bike slid away from me. :banghead:

My protective gear did what it was supposed to, my jeans didn't hold up so well and I got a good graze on my knee. Could have been far worse. Maybe time for some kevlar jeans.

Looks like I might be ordering a complete set of Chinese fairings this time.

crunch.jpg

I was on my way home yesterday, just got the busa inspected, only been back on the road for a week after replacing my head when the old lady in the car two ahead of me suddenly brakes without warning, the car in front of me hits the anchors as do I but alas there was an oil spot in my path and the bike was down before I even know what happened. Wasn't going that quickly but watched my new fairings being ground away as the bike slid away from me. :banghead:

My protective gear did what it was supposed to, my jeans didn't hold up so well and I got a good graze on my knee. Could have been far worse. Maybe time for some kevlar jeans.

Looks like I might be ordering a complete set of Chinese fairings this time.

crunch.jpg

Frame Sliders!

+1 on the sliders. And do yourself a favor and call justin from honda east to replace the oem plastics.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry to hear, glad you are OK.

Was that the front brake, front wheel that skidded out?

The good news is that you are ok, and well enough that you're worried about the bike.

Damn shame about those fairings. Really like the flame job.

sorry to hear - and +1 on the frame sliders!

Draggin (kevlar) jeans are ok, but in my experience they don't hold up as well as a good pair of textile pants of a similar price.

Glad you're ok brother. Now to get her fixed and back on the road.

When you fall down and blame it on oil or gravel,,,,,,,,,,,, God kills a kitten!
You are aware of that, right?

Looks like your bike faired quite well. Only a few scuffs on the upper and lower fairing. It appears the rear is unscathed. Very easy getoff.

Sorry about your scuffed up knee. I'd say you faired well too. I'll take a barked up knee anytime over broken bones.

Heal up quickly and get back on that beast! :beerchug:

We all fall at some time in our riding career. The good thing is you are okay and your injury was minor. You are guarenteed to keep your eyes open from here on out though. Accidents usually do that to you.

Sorry for your get off. I assume you could ride away, right?

Had something similar happen, and similar damage plus the front plastic destroyed - except it was done by a deer. Rode back home without the left footpeg - shifting was challenging. I could've stayed up, but overdid the front brake in obvious panic reaction and locked the front. Was doing 30-40. The deer lived, and I am sure his sore butt reminded him to not jump in front of motorcycles.

What is important, don't let this scare you away from riding. Analyze, make conclusions, adjust your riding, fix her up, and go on. Like everyone says, you are OK and that's important. And, yeah, jeans is not a good riding gear. I personally am fully geared, even with the back protector - all the time. If it's too inconvenient, I don't ride.

An ABS system would have saved the day! But, Suzuki has not seen fit to offer one in the Busa. Criminal!!!!

Glad your OK!

Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. Didn't go down, but I did learn that my Busa WILL do a stoppie...and my underwear can hold a lot of crap.

Back