Totalled my bike, who's selling?

Guess it depends on the area.Here there is a nice white 07 for around 6K loaded with goodies and around 5000 on the clock.I originally wanted a white one but couldnt find one when I had the cash for it.

I did have chrome res. covers and It felt like the rear and front locked up... got me, I've had several downs and it's always been my fault, wheelies and such.... With this bike Ive just been trying to be responsible and take it easy on the street so that this would never happen! It all happened in the blink of an eye..I still can't figure out exactly what happened. I will go to the tow yard and look over the bike to see if I can find the cause. I'm not really sure which tire locked up because it happened so fast, just bucked me off!

Man, don't beat on yourself. Sometimes, it's out of your control. Know firsthand.

Anyway, the way you are describing, the front locked. Here is why. Both can't lock at the same time. And if the rear locked you would be fishtailing for a good couple of seconds and would remember that. So, the only conclusion is the front locked, and I know firsthand it happens so fast.

Here is why I suspect the front locked, and here is why I asked you about the cromed reservoir cover. The stock cover, probably on every bike, has two small notches on the sides of the cover (where the cover comes in contact with reservoir) so the air can escape when the cover is in place. When the pressure builds up in the reservoir because of the heat, this is the only way it could escape. If you chromed the cover, there is a good chance the chrome covered those two small cutouts on the side. As a result, your cover effectively doesn't have those small vents.

What happens when the heat builds up and the pressure inside the reservoir grows, it has nowhere to go. So, this pressure is the same as if you are squeezing the brake lever. As the pressure builds up with no escape, so does the pressure of the pads squeezing the rotors. At some point, the pads squeeze the rotors so hard that they lock. I am suspecting that's what might've caused your get off.

Check the chromed cover, and see if you notice two small vent slots - one on each side of the cover (left and right). Compare to a stock cover if you have one. Was it a hot day when it happened? Was the bike parked in a cool place prior to the ride? If so, all of these factors would contribute.

I bet bearings also , glad you are ok

Even if the clutch/tranny did lock up, you would drag a rear tire, not flip a bike.. and that would require the tranny to lock up solid.... otherwise you would just be turning over the motor...

Couldnt really be the brakes as they fail open, not closed...

sounds almost like wheel bearings siezed to me... or something entangled in the front wheel (would have to be stupid strong to not snap if it did)

Sounds like you're handling the experience well bro...lots of guys wouldn't be thinkin about hoppin back on so soon, so :thumbsup: to you for jumpin back in the saddle! I know I woulda been wettin myself for a month on that one!

So, for those of you who are theorizing wheel bearing issues...how often should wheel bearings be replaced/maintenanced?

Finally figured out how to get the pics here from my phone!

busa1.jpg

busa2.jpg

busa3.jpg

busa4.jpg

busa5.jpg

Sorry about your crash. OuCH !! My 04 is still for sale in classifieds.

img_2851 (Large).jpg

img_2199 (Large).jpg

Back