Tobin seat or Suzuki "gel" seat??

I'm six feet tall and I have the buell peg mod to make my knees more comfy. I couldn't imagine being closer to the pegs i'm trying to get farther from. F*** that!!
Go will with the Gel seat or a Corbin.
Leave the Tobin for Napoleons
(flame suit on)

I agree with Cobra"s logic for the long legged folks. I have the buell peg mod and don't want to lower myself, kinda defeats the purpose. That's why I'm considering a gel seat. Not many people comment on that so it may not be a big issue?????

OK guys... thanks so much for the input, but now another question is coming to mind... how hard/expensive is it to do the Buell pegs mod as well ??? From the info coming in, looks as if the Buells compliment the Tobin pretty well... are they an easy install?
DIY about $35 not all that tough to do... $90? or so bolt on...

been talkin to Joe about the buells... still undecided on the seats... oh why oh why is this so difficult :poke: :laugh:

No comparison between Suzuki gel seat and Tobin seat. Stock seat would kill my butt between 300 and 400 miles, Suzuki gel seat not much better at all. Tobin seat is great, on one group ride I kinda got a bit lost & seperated from the pack, was around the 500 mile mark for the day and just wanted to keep riding off into the glorious sunset, no sore arse at all. Kinda dosen't seem that removing padding would improve the comfort/fit but it truly does, the stock seat is something you sit "ON" but the cutting/shaping of the Tobin seat becomes more of a saddle which is something you sit "In" in stead of on, try it you will not be disappointed.

72.jpg

I think I've decided on the tobin. Now if I could only aquire some expendable funds. . . :( Yea, so in the proccess of looking through the smilies, I found this one. . . :blowingup: Yea, :offtopic: I know, but that was funny!

No comparison between Suzuki gel seat and Tobin seat. Stock seat would kill my butt between 300 and 400 miles, Suzuki gel seat not much better at all. Tobin seat is great, on one group ride I kinda got a bit lost & seperated from the pack, was around the 500 mile mark for the day and just wanted to keep riding off into the glorious sunset, no sore arse at all. Kinda dosen't seem that removing padding would improve the comfort/fit but it truly does, the stock seat is something you sit "ON" but the cutting/shaping of the Tobin seat becomes more of a saddle which is something you sit "In" in stead of on, try it you will not be disappointed.

Yo VMAX.... did you notice the 1 and 1/2 inch drop in the Tobin seat? How did your legs feel during that long ride?

OK guys... ordered the buell pegs they should be in next week :thumbsup:

Still leaning towards the Tobin - although I've not fully convinced myself :poke:

I've got a Tobin with very few miles on it, currently resides in the rafters of the garage with the pillion to match. Front has orange kanji's on the sides and 1340R stitched on the riser. Pillion has a large orange kanji on the seat.

Shoot me a PM if interested in them.

Back