Tobin seat or Suzuki "gel" seat??

dalynchmob4

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys... I am currently considering replacing my OEM seat, and I think I've narrowed it down to these two: the Tobin and the Suzuki "gel". Can you guys give me any input on these two as far as comfort is concerned? The only thing i noticed on the Tobin is that it lowers the rider 1 1/2 inches in the seat and I didn't know if this would be comfortable for riders (like me) that are over 6' tall. As always, all input is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Well not sure about the Tobin, But i have the Suzuki Gel Seat and it is very comfortable...... I'm actually trying to trade it right now in the FOR SALE section for a Tobin, because i dragrace the bike and want to be lower.

101_0226.jpg

101_0224.jpg

101_0222.jpg

I'm six feet tall and I have the buell peg mod to make my knees more comfy. I couldn't imagine being closer to the pegs i'm trying to get farther from. F*** that!!
Go will with the Gel seat or a Corbin.
Leave the Tobin for Napoleons
(flame suit on)

I'm six feet tall and I have the buell peg mod to make my knees more comfy. I couldn't imagine being closer to the pegs i'm trying to get farther from. F*** that!!
Go will with the Gel seat or a Corbin.
Leave the Tobin for Napoleons
(flame suit on)

:laugh:

Just so you know the tobin is the oem cut down so its gonna loose padding. I've "heard" the gel seats get real hot in the sun. The Corbins I've never heard anything bad about except the first time you sit on it it feels hard till your seated for awhile then it's the best seat ever. The Tobins I think look the best though.

:laugh:

Just so you know the tobin is the oem cut down so its gonna loose padding. I've "heard" the gel seats get real hot in the sun. The Corbins I've never heard anything bad about except the first time you sit on it it feels hard till your seated for awhile then it's the best seat ever. The Tobins I think look the best though.

I don't do any drag racing, but I love to hit the twisties for a long time... so I'm looking for a bit more "comfy" seat. I love the look of the Tobin as well, but i didn't know if being lowered to the pegs that extra inch and a half would negate any comfort that i got in the seat. The only reason I started looking at the "gel" seat is because I've seen a couple of guys on here that have been having a little trouble getting their seats back in a "timely" manner from Corbin. I'd hate to send my seats in and 8 weeks later I'm still looking for them :banghead:

If the Tobin isn't going to work, then maybe I can get a gel cheap enough to try it out for a while and see how it works :please:

I had my seat done by tobin and I love it. very comfy over all and just great for the twisties imo. I did the mod over the winter when he is the busiest and I think it took like 2 weeks or so from the day i sent it out to when i got it back. real easy..

Tobin seats are great. They put you more into the bike and either the gel , Corbin or other seat options. He can also make them the way that you want (ie less padding removal, less rear pad, etc). I am over 6 feet and wouldn't change it for the world. Everyone's opinion will be different though.

thanks for the info guys... now I'm leaning back towards the Tobin (because I love the way they look) if they are gonna be just as comfy in the mountains as the gel...

I've had Corbins and they all worked great, EXCEPT on my Suz TLR. They made riding PAINFUL :cursin: because of the way they made me sit back farther thereby making my legs move forward and then putting more weight on my wrist. I hated it, and after sending it back 2 times with no relief, I just went back to the stock seat. Since the Busa is very simular to the TLR I went Tobin and have NEVER regretted it. Even after 1000 mile trips :cheerleader:

I've had both Corbins and now a Tobin, Love them both. used both on Very long rides. Overall I would give the Tobin the overall thumbs up.

I just got my Tobin back a couple weeks ago and I have to say I love it, much more comfortable on the long runs than the stock one. And I love the look not to mention when I jump on the throttle my butt stays put. I went ahead and bought a stock seat on ebay sent it in and then sold mine on ebay once Tobin returned it. actually got more for mine than the one I bought, It only took him about a week, ( slow time for him ) Paid the little extra and got the Kanjis on either side and Hayabusa across the back. Im lovin it, Thanks Tobin if you read this.

I haven't tried Tobin but I really love my Corbin. I've done 14+ hours of riding and never had any problems with it.

How much does a tobin seat run with the kanjis on the sides and hayabusa on the top? I can't decide between the corbin and tobin. The only thing about the corbin is I'm not sure I wanna sit any farther back. I'm usually pretty much against the tank, and I'm afraid if I go with the corbin there'll be too much pressure on my wrists. What do you guys think? But I'd still like to know how much tobin's run.

Ohhhhhh by the way, No matter what color your bike is..... ( Get the red Kanji and lettering ) Its makes the Bike go faster.

Back