Tobin seat or Suzuki "gel" seat??

I have another question. How does removing padding make it more comfortable. Does it make is less stiff by not being stuffed so full? And if so, does it not flatten out on long rides? I don't like the stock seat. It gets quite hard after a while of riding, and I'm looking for something to make it better and more comfy. I don't like spending money for nothing, so that's the reasoning for all the questions. I wanna make the right decision the first time.

Im not sure exactly why the seat is more comfortable for me, I am 5/9 and didnt really notice the lowering effect I thought I would. I can tell you that having that small hump behind me sure feels good. I know with the stock seat after a couple hours I would get off and feel like my a-s cheeks had been spread apart, not so with this one, took a 3 hr ride to Eureka Springs Ark. last weekend and when I got off I felt fine. I thought about the Corbin and a Gel seat, But I can say for me I made the right decision.

I have another question. How does removing padding make it more comfortable. Does it make is less stiff by not being stuffed so full? And if so, does it not flatten out on long rides? I don't like the stock seat. It gets quite hard after a while of riding, and I'm looking for something to make it better and more comfy. I don't like spending money for nothing, so that's the reasoning for all the questions. I wanna make the right decision the first time.
I think less padding means less foam to cave in and "bite" your fanny...

I am 6'2 and the bike is a bit small for me on long rides, Heli-Bars, Buell pegs and the Corbin seat made my day...

I do like the look of the Tobin but the loss of seat height was a big deal to me..

Greg, I wish I would have known you were shopping seats, you could have ridden my bike or swapped seats out at E.Springs....

Thanks Randy... you know how it is - you have the list of mods that you want to do, then by process of elimination, you get to the ones that you can actually afford to do :whistle:

I'm planning on ordering a seat next month (I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks - perfect time to get it done). I'm just trying to make up my mind which one I want - it's about as bad as when I was deciding on my exhaust :laugh:

I think I'm still leaning towards Tobin........ for now :poke:

If I had to choose between the Gel and Tobin? I think the Tobin clearly looks better.. not sure I like all the Kanji/lettering stuff but the seat looks good.. (I think the whole Kanji on every part is a bit overdone is all) Now maybe the Kanji on the Pillion might be slick..

I have 0 add on kanji's

I'm thinking doing the orange insert color with kanji hump pad, and then doing the orange kanji on the back seat (cause I don't have it on unless we are two up)... think that would look pretty good :thumbsup:

Oh...???

something else to think about huh :poke:

I guess the only good thing is, mine is garage kept, and if I'm at the office, it's about 4 or 5 hours maybe 2 or 3 days a week... so maybe that wouldn't be too hard on it :whistle: will definitely have to do more research on that.

Thanks for the heads up bro :thumbsup:

Jules and I both have Tobin seats, we have had them on there for over 3 years now and love them. I also have the Buell pegs and I'm 6'1. I think the Tobin is a great mod along with the peg mod as well, you don't fitigued as quick plus the Tobin gives you a few different riding positiions :thumbsup:

I have both Tobin seat and Suzuki gel.
Tobin is nice to look at.
Suzuki gel is nice to ride long days.

OK guys... thanks so much for the input, but now another question is coming to mind... how hard/expensive is it to do the Buell pegs mod as well ??? From the info coming in, looks as if the Buells compliment the Tobin pretty well... are they an easy install?

Yes , Very easy installed on my 2008 the kit from a member here:bowdown:
I will try to find his forum name:beerchug:

GSX1300R-T:thumbsup:
Awesome kit,thats who i got mine from.:thumbsup:
Look under products from members for members 4 sale

About $90 for the kit and instructions. Can be done in under 30 minutes.

OK guys... thanks so much for the input, but now another question is coming to mind... how hard/expensive is it to do the Buell pegs mod as well ??? From the info coming in, looks as if the Buells compliment the Tobin pretty well... are they an easy install?

About 30 minutes total including adjusting brake pedal and shifter - believe me if I can do YOU can

Back