Tobin seats

Oncebitten

Registered
I'm considering adding a Tobin seat to the Busa but I have one concern. I'm 6'2" with fairly long legs and I've read where the Tobin seat lowers the rider an inch or two from the stock position. I'm not wildly comfortable sitting on the Busa with the stock height seat and I'm afraid my legs will really feel "crunched up" if I get a seat that lowers me even further.

Any other guys my size have any experience with these seats?

Thanks in advance...

Fred

I actually thought about this just yesterday.

I'm 6'4, and just did the buell peg mod, which greatly improved my leg position and comfort. I'm waiting on a call back from Tobin to find out if they can simply recover and add a hump to the stock seat without cutting it down in front.

That way, we still get the stepped down feel, without being lowered physically.

I'll post up what he says after I hear from him.

I was worried about that and Tobin will build the seat without the step...

I still did not go that way.. I got a Corbin...

First ride of season was a 500 miler Saturday and no buttburn at all and with the legs did just fine.... The OE seat had me squirming in 100 miles or less trying to get comfy.. no issues at all with the Corbins ultra firm foam..

Tobin will likely do what you want to the seat...he usually wants measurements so he can cut the seat to better suit your size, but if you just want a recovered seat, I don't think that would be an issue...

Sounds like you would be buying 'off the rack' so to speak. When I've bought from Corbin, I order what I want and they make it for me. You should be able to have them add some seat height to a custom made seat right? I happen to live within an hour of the Corbin west coast factory so its real easy for me but ordering online, even from Tobin, you should still be able to order what you want.

Would like to feel the difference from the factory seat to a Corbin, or even a Tobin. I have had a corbin on my Fzr600 and was let down. The passenger liked it, but was hell on me. Then I gotr a Suzuki Gel seat for the 02 1k. Loved it at first then it lost its feel! Been riding stock ever since!!

Would like to feel the difference from the factory seat to a Corbin, or even a Tobin. I have had a corbin on my Fzr600 and was let down. The passenger liked it, but was hell on me. Then I gotr a Suzuki Gel seat for the 02 1k. Loved it at first then it lost its feel! Been riding stock ever since!!

I too was 'let down' with one Corbin I had made for a CBX but after 5,000 miles I took it back in and told them to make it softer.  They did, at no cost to me.  Now its a great seat!  They do make softer seat compounds.  You just have to ask for them. Luckily the stock seat on the Busa fits me just fine.

Now most of the feedback I have gotten on the Gel seat has been negative (at least from guys that ride the miles I do, it is not uncommon for me to have 500 mile days)

The Corbin is a firm seat for sure but I think this is part of the reason for the "long" distance comfort so far.. It conformed a bit to my tail section over the weekend, likely to get better

If you are at bash, I will be happy to swap seats for test rides....

Tobin seats are well made but your best bet is to borrow one and test ride. Seat cut down and a rise in the very front of it. I'm 5'10" and it had me crunched up because of my Rizoma rearsets not being as low as stock. Add the rise in the seat to this... and you get way too much crotch pressure... no fun there.

Didn't work for me...just not comfortable. For me the stock seat feels better... Well made but not for everyone.

I will be at the bash too! Can not wait!!! Look forward to meeting all who come and to try the seats!!!!

Back