Tobin Seat ?

TXRattler

Registered
My heels do not quite touch the ground on my stock busa. I really don't want to lower it, but it seems as though the Tobin seat might alleviate my problem. Can anyone verify that the Tobin will lower seat height? Can you tell me by how much?
Thanks

Not sure as I don't yet have a Tobin, I would say that lowering you Busa would drastically affect handling, so I'd reconsider lowering.

If yer only lookin for a bit lower, the Tobin does help I hear.Lots of folks on here that heave em....they'll check in soon.
I lowered mine 1.5 and 2 and it actually doesn't effect handling to bad at all, besides the fact that my shoes hit the ground in really hard corners.
If you only drop it 3/4 or so it would barely be noticable.

I have my bike lowered 2" in the rear and 3/4" up front, I don't hink it affects the handling at all, I actually like the way it rides better....Unless your a really hardcore kneedragger/twisties type guy, the handling will be fine IMO....
I also just place my order and will be shipping my seats to Tobin today
smile.gif

Anyone else have insight into this situation. I do not want to buy the Tobin if it isn't going to do what I need.
Thanks!

What is weird is that I am between 5'11"and 6'0" but I have short legs, it really is a pain in the ass. I don't know if that little bit would help much.

Just throw a set of dogbones on it and lower it thru the triple clamp a quarter of an inch. I did. and i weight 310. No rubbing or scraping if you keep it in the second hole.
wink.gif

Yeah, the Tobin does lower the sitting position by about a 1/2 inch. Don't really feel noticeable so I don't know how much of an improvement it is. I am 6'3" though, so it wasn't an issue for me. Some others might have an opinion.

I have Same problem before on stock seat but after i got tobin seat
my feet flat on the ground. am 5"11 i think tobin seat lower
you 1 1/2 inch (measured mine).
smile.gif

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#FFE3F5" valign="middle" align="left">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left">[/QUOTE]test <table style=filter:shadow(color=black)></table>

Back