Tobin seat

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Well a bought a used seat (2000 model yr) to use while I send my seat '06 (couple of months old) to tobin for a refit. I got the used seat today and I'm thinking which one should I send.

The used seat is well...used. It has a few imperfections. And it use new mounting hardware, the rubber bushings that go around the screws. Other than that it's pretty decent.

I think about tobin ripping off my new seat cover
vuur1.gif
and keeping the blemished one..or should I just keep mine as new and let tobin tobinize the 6 year old seat.

Oh yeah one other thing...I swear the older seat is a tad firmer...go figure. Since Tobin removes seat foam...might make a difference.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148599213 -->

I kept the original seats and had Tobin customize the used set I picked up. Just something about keeping the original parts. Excluding my hacked up undertray for the undertail, I have every original party the bike came with. Someday if I ever find an EXTREMELY cheap deal on a full undertray and mudflap I'll probably pick one up so she could be restored to origninal if necessary.

Why don't you call Tobin and just ask
rock.gif
 ? He could then tell you the pro and con on each. Me, I bought a new one off E-Bay and sent that
biggrin.gif

Yeah, send the used seat and keep your original. If its just the bushings that you need you can get them at one of the places sageronin listed.

Back