Tobin seats

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
Although I dig the look of the tobin seat, I don't think I could handle the lowering of the seat. I just did a mod on the pegs to the TL pegs to give me a little more leg room, and it would totally defeat the mod to lower the seat. Does anyone know if tobin has ever modified a seat and actually raised one up with somemore padding? Seems to me there would be a huge market for one.

Im not sure if I would want to sit any higher on the Busa - would sorta throw off the center of gravity, maybe I'm wrong.

I love the stock seat, just wish I could get a nice custom leather cover for it like Tobin makes. I've been thinking of getting Tobin's, but sorta spendy to have custom seats made when I don't even know if I would like the fit. And then what do i do with seats that say "Pimp-O-Licious" or "Pimptastic", or "I built this Busa & Now I'm Broke - have a couch I can crash on".

just my $.02

I could just be abnormal, but I find the seats quite comfortable. Even at 6'3" with aftermarket pegs I feel good on the bike. Now, I must admit that like most tall people I have been in many cramped places so maybe that's why I don't mind.

Im not sure if I would want to sit any higher on the Busa - would sorta throw off the center of gravity, maybe I'm wrong.

I love the stock seat, just wish I could get a nice custom leather cover for it like Tobin makes. I've been thinking of getting Tobin's, but sorta spendy to have custom seats made when I don't even know if I would like the fit. And then what do i do with seats that say "Pimp-O-Licious" or "Pimptastic", or "I built this Busa & Now I'm Broke - have a couch I can crash on".

just my $.02
Don't think the center of gravity would be a problem for me here in Missouri and Kansas, we only have like one turn in our roads. I would keep the stock seat for rides like Deals gap. Most of my riding is high speed touring on the interstates

I could just be abnormal, but I find the seats quite comfortable.  Even at 6'3" with aftermarket pegs I feel good on the bike.  Now, I must admit that like most tall people I have been in many cramped places so maybe that's why I don't mind.
I'm just 6 ft. tall, but please keep in mind I'm an old fart!

I'm 5'11" with 32" inseam, 46 years old, and have Tobin seats. I have not taken the busa on any long trips but find the seats very comfortable. I also have helibars. I am borrowing this from someone else, when I say "the seats make you feel part of the bike, versus just sitting on top of it." Some others have hedged their bets by acquiring a 2nd set of seats and sending them to Tobin and keeping the stock ones too. I sent him my originals and haven't regretted it.

I bought a extra set on ebay, because I didn't wanna part with the originals, in away I'm glad I kept both, so depending on the type of riding events/versus everyday riding I have the option to change back and forth. Custom seats are for bike events track and originals for everyday riding(turning corners)

I was thinking of having him just recovering and adding some padding to the "hump portion" of rear section. I'm hesitant on lowering my position too at 6'4".

Guys if you call him I think he will do just about anything ! My Hump pad was waaaay to thick, which made it usless for me. I called, he told me how to determine how much for him to cut off, measured, marked and sent it to him. He was VERY agreeable to my requested change. So, give him a call and see what he says
tounge.gif

Back