Tobin seat too low?

I'm 6'7" and find a Tobin with TL1000 pegs work for me. I'm good for 200 miles before wanting to take a break, which also means I need fuel too so it works out. I have covered over 800 miles in a day before with this setup. It may take you a couple of tries to get the right combination that suits your riding style/position.

I'm 6'7" and find a Tobin with TL1000 pegs work for me. I'm good for 200 miles before wanting to take a break, which also means I need fuel too so it works out. I have covered over 800 miles in a day before with this setup. It may take you a couple of tries to get the right combination that suits your riding style/position.

This helps thanks, just curious but what's your inseam. I've had some reserve with changing seats because it drops you a little into the bike I don't know if I can spare the leg room.

Just tossing this into this debate:

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

Been riding with this seat for awhile and on the stock seat I could run about 60 miles before stiffining up. With the corbin I can run 100 to 150 mile before I have to stop.

I'm 6'7" 280 LBS and not getting any lighter:whistle:

This helps thanks, just curious but what's your inseam. I've had some reserve with changing seats because it drops you a little into the bike I don't know if I can spare the leg room.

Well, depending on the brand of jeans/pants, I'm a 36" or 38" inseam. Usually 38". I also wear a pair of TCX boots similar to the pic below that have a very thin sole so that helps lower my foot a little.

One thing I like about my Tobin is the little step up it gives at the back of the seat. I can slide back a little and it changes the pressure points. Slide forward a tad, and you are sitting a little more in the bike for having fun and playing around a bit.

No matter which direction you go, make one change at a time. Give your self time to adjust to the new position before making another change. I changed my seat first and found with the stock pegs, it was just a tad uncomfortable and cramped. I then tried the TL1000 pegs since I don't care for the look of the Buell pegs and found a good combination for me. My next change I'm thinking will be some sort of bar risers.

10f7cd82965dcd44e78d9f15b3a30284_rough.jpg

My tobin seats red kanji threads for both sides colour faded going to contact tobin to see whether i can fix them up.

Anyone here faces the same problem?Any good solutions to help out?

Color the threads with a red sharpie marker. Give the ink a minute to dry and go over it a couple more times. It works and it'll look new and stay that way for a long time.:beerchug:

Well, depending on the brand of jeans/pants, I'm a 36" or 38" inseam. Usually 38". I also wear a pair of TCX boots similar to the pic below that have a very thin sole so that helps lower my foot a little.

One thing I like about my Tobin is the little step up it gives at the back of the seat. I can slide back a little and it changes the pressure points. Slide forward a tad, and you are sitting a little more in the bike for having fun and playing around a bit.

No matter which direction you go, make one change at a time. Give your self time to adjust to the new position before making another change. I changed my seat first and found with the stock pegs, it was just a tad uncomfortable and cramped. I then tried the TL1000 pegs since I don't care for the look of the Buell pegs and found a good combination for me. My next change I'm thinking will be some sort of bar risers.

10f7cd82965dcd44e78d9f15b3a30284_rough.jpg

Thanks man, so we are about the same. I'm pretty stubborn so I have been simply suffering through it rather than making the changes, but I'm beginning to grow tired of being...well.. tired.

Color the threads with a red sharpie marker. Give the ink a minute to dry and go over it a couple more times. It works and it'll look new and stay that way for a long time.:beerchug:

Thanks for the heads up,but the paint marker is red on the outside but its pink when i colour it.Any recommendations?:beerchug:

A red sharpie should definitely not be coloring pink. I think even Singapore should have these, but heck I dunno

RedSharpie.png

A red sharpie should definitely not be coloring pink. I think even Singapore should have these, but heck I dunno

RedSharpie.png

Ok thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:Will try to search for it locally to save me the time and shipping cost:beerchug:

if you don't want to get a new image seat because your worried about the little hump part holding you in one position. you could have lee from new image, make you a seat without the hump. this man can do anything you want him to do to your seat, trust me

i bought my bike with a tobin seat, so far im not liking it. got a 34" pant leg and my thighs and rear cramp n stiffen up, i had a 954 i could ride all day long, got the busa and after 40 minutes pain, maybe im riding wrong or just not used to it.

I'll trade you my stock one for your tobin. Let me know.

Back