Tobin seats vs suzuki gel

I like the look of the Tobin , but I sat on my friends bike who has a Tobin and I could certainly tell a diff in the padding. My stocker was more comfortable.

I have a gen I gel seat for anyone that wants one. $100 shipped. MINT condition
cool.gif

i sold a tobin and got the gel ! lol tobin looks good. but if you really ride ....no thanks too much pad taken out for my arse!!!!

I bought a 180.00 Corbin, sucked nuggets, then bought a 150.00 gel seat, which gave me 1 1/2" more room, but not a lot better, trouble is wife figured she needed one too, so now I have 2 gel pads on my busa, looks silly, but if the wife's ass is happy................you know the rest:p

i sold a tobin and got the gel ! lol tobin looks good. but if you really ride ....no thanks too much pad taken out for my arse!!!!
That's my thinking. The Tobin looks bad@ss but it has to be less comfortable because half of the STOCK foam has been removed.

Anyone know if he makes a gel Tobin?

I've had a Tobin for about a month now. It seems pretty good but I havent rode much more than a 100 miles or so on it at one time. It does seem to be good on the butt but my hips bother me a little more than they did with the stock seat. I'm 5'6"-5'7" and it is tighter on my legs. May have to try the buell pegs or the adjustible rearsets like Jinkster's. I plan on a 200-300 mile trip soon then I will know for sure if Tobin is the way to go. They do look great though!!

i find it hard to believe all he does is shave down the stock foam...

doesnt he put some sort of high density foam in it or something?

please can someone chime in with how comfortable they are on longer rides... im talking 200+ i ride a lot and i would rather be more comfortable then have a good looking seat
rock.gif

There is a thin layer of foam on the back of the cover material Tobin uses, Im not sure if it is higher density or not. Tim the Pashnit guy uses his Busa to lead sport tours with the Tobin seat and he seems to like it from what I have read anyway.

I understand why there would be a raised lip on the rear for the passenger but why the large raised part on the rear of the front seat. It doesn't allow you to adjust your seating position front to back.

The Suzuki Gel sucks.. I rode on it for 50 miles and yanked it off and put on the stock.

Yuck
sad.gif

Tobins seat all the way!! I put about 9,000+ miles on my gel seat. However I am so much happier with my Tobin.

i find it hard to believe all he does is shave down the stock foam...

doesnt he put some sort of high density foam in it or something?

please can someone chime in with how comfortable they are on longer rides... im talking 200+ i ride a lot and i would rather be more comfortable then have a good looking seat
rock.gif
made a few 500+ mi days and had no problems that a stock seat wouldn't give me.

I am having a "Tobin" look seat done by a local higher end custom upolstery guy( I brought him my Tobin and explained what I didn't like, lack of pad). He is going to put a Butt Buffer into it and cover it with either Black Stingray or some type of Sharkskin, I have not seen all the samples yet... I'll let you all know how it turns out and how much it costs me. I already own the Gel Pad and extra stock seat, so it's just the labor and material. Shop labor is $70 and hour. My Tobin ran me $166.

Grumpy

This guys makes some top notch stuff, he just did a custom cover for my SEADOO boat.

i put over 40k on my two busas  with the stocker  the tobin,and the zuk gel .after 250 miles both the stocker and tobin are very uncomfy. and take the enjoyment out of the ride.after breaking in the gel it takes too 400 miles for the same uncomfy, had enough kind of ride.but up until that point they all are ok.so if you do under 200 ALL ARE GOOD over 300 you ll wish you had the gel for the extra fun miles without  hating the ride!!!

<!--EDIT|rob t
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154049559 -->

Back