Tobin seat for taller rider?

crepitus

Registered
I was wondering if a Tobin seat is more comfortable for a 6'1" rider. I just cant see how be lower in the saddle (less leg room) can make you more comfortable. Can someone that is over 6' comment on this?

I would like to get a more comfortable seat. I was thinking either one of these or a gel seat.

I like the tobin seats but this is the same reason I have not got one I'm 6'4
Posted via Mobile Device

You can also do the buel peg mod and get some more leg room from what I have read. At 6"3", I want to do that mod myself. As for the seat, not sure, kinda happy with the stocker right now.

as far as the buell pegs go i could not take them off quick enough. i dont think of myself as a aggressive rider by any means but i touched my boot in 2 corners. not even trying to lean it over. headed home and took them off. plus shifting was a lot harder. and yes i adjusted the shifter. its just to close to the kickstand.

i'm 6'2" and the tobin seat is great with the buell pegs. yes, you sit a pinch lower but it is hardly noticeable. i had 3/4" bar spacers as well and these all made a perfect ride in my opinion. if you dive in the twisties, i would recommend bringing your heels back and the balls of your feet touching the peg. or else you'll get the "pucker" surprise. good luck!

I'm right at 6'7" and I have a Tobin with TL1000 pegs and find it a lot more confortable then the stock setup. The seat does sit you "in" the bike more and is a little lower then stock but the seat itself is more confortable imo. I don't really care for the look of the Buel pegs, but to me the TL1000 pegs look as though they should of been on the Busa from the start. With this combination, the seat dropped me about 1/2 inch and the pegs dropped my foot about 1/2 inch. Over all, I think the leg room stayed about the same but the seat confort was impoved. I think risers for the bars would help too, that is on my list of mods still to come.

6'3" with long legs and have both a Tobin and the Buell pegs. I am quite comfortable with the ride position.

6'7" n i have Tobin seat w/Vortex adj. rearsets set where I want'em. Bike is much more comfortable than stock.
-Ran Tobin seat with ProTek footpegs for awhile bfore I scored the Vortex; still more comfy than OEM rubber pegs-set feet 1/4" lower mebbe, I liked it:thumbsup:

Tobin is a comfortable seat. Call them and see if they will do a seat for you without cutting it down. Tobin stock hight should work for you.

Back