Tobin seats vs suzuki gel

extensive

Donating Member
Registered
i bought the suzuki gel seat for my 05 and i really dont think its that comfortable. is it worth switching to a tobin seat?

yeah its a good bit better then stock. maybe it just needs broken in... my SV gel seat needed 500 or so miles to be broken in. come to think of it i think i have 500 miles on the new seat.

anyways. how are the tobin seats?

people with them swear by them ... I have an extra front seat that is going to make its way to Tobin as soon as I get settled in the new house.
cool.gif

No comparison ... Tobin's are more comfortable right off the bat without any break-in time. You'll see.

I love my Tobin until I hit about 100 miles without getting off of it... I bought a Corbin before this and that sucked biiiiiiigtime.

Only bad thing I,ve found about the tobin, is long leg people will lose a couple inches in leg room because of the drop in the seat.

I want a tobin, I am thinking that it will be harder on my knees, bent at that angle. What does everyone think?

I want a tobin, I am thinking that it will be harder on my knees, bent at that angle.  What does everyone think?
The Buell pegs will just put you back to stock riding position.

If you get adjustable rearsets like Jinkster's CycleCats at around 500 bones you'll have numerous adjustments to make at your preference.

TOBIN,              TOBIN,            TOBIN!
I was thinking about getting tobin because of my short legedness.... I am 5'9 and am not flat footed butr almost and do not want to drop the bike anymore than the hald inch I already dropped it. Was worried about the comfort and I sit back in the seat at higher speeds for the comfort. I thought about buying a second seat and replacing the inards with a gel of some sort to drop the entire seat but can't find anything like gel to put in the seat. I take long rides and noticed it is back and forth in this thread about long rides.... Hope the thread continues with a comparison of stock vs tobin on long rides..... so guys...... need some comparisons..... what do you perfer for long rides.....

Back