Most Comfortable Seat

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
I have searched and searched over the forums on aftermarket seats and the three that come to mind are the tobin, corbin, and the gel seat.

I like the look of the tobin, but through my searches, some have said its not as comfortable as the corbin or gel seat.

What is the real skinny here on the "most comfortable seat"

Cloud

I've had all three and for me personally, the Tobin seat is the most comfortable ... it just fits me better for distant riding and it's easier to shift position on when leaning ... and it has more support for hard launches.

DJ

Gel seat holds water when it gets wet, thus you look like ya pizzed your self. The corbin is quite comfy yet is very "WIDE" at your thighes. The tobin lowers you in perfect yet I do not know of it's comfort. I do know that everyone I personally know that had a tobin loves it to death and has not put their gel or corbin back on yet? hope that helps. Im in the same boat.

JD

The new 04 gel seat (silver and black) is all vinyl. No fabric to let the water soak through to the gel. It is just as comfy as the old gel just no pizzed look. I really like it. Tried the corbin-not for me. Tobin- haven't sat on one.

The new 04 gel seat (silver and black) is all vinyl. No fabric to let the water soak through to the gel. It is just as comfy as the old gel just no pizzed look. I really like it. Tried the corbin-not for me. Tobin- haven't sat on one.
SWEET! I got one on order, I will post feedback on it when I try it out...

thanks for the info. all, sorry it took me so long to post again. I think I am going to end up going with the tobin...

Consistently, the tobin seems to come up the winner...

Cloud

I've had all three and for me personally, the Tobin seat is the most comfortable ... it just fits me better for distant riding and it's easier to shift position on when leaning ... and it has more support for hard launches.

DJ
Is that the tobin in the pics on your website??

I likey!!!
wow.gif

I was lookin for the gel, but I think you've made a convert!
bowdown.gif

I've tried the Corbin and the Gel. The Corbin was firm which was fine but it's shape wasn't quite right for me. The width was annoying. I'm happy with the gel seat which is also firmer than the stock seat and about the same shape, but I don't have any really long rides on it yet. My legs are long so I wouldn't consider the lower Tobin.

between the stock seat and the corbin, i prefer the corbin......comfortable and breathable. no experience with the tobin though
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

If the bike starts, I should be able to comment on my new Tobin tomorrow. Feels good in the basement.

DJ
Is that the tobin in the pics on your website??

I likey!!!
wow.gif

I was lookin for the gel, but I think you've made a convert!
bowdown.gif
Thanks and yes that is the Tobin seat ... looks good and rides comfortable.

DJ

DJsBanner.jpg

I have logged a lot of miles, with lots of different seats. I love the Tobin seat. You can sit back and it feels great.

Back