Time for a new lid

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
My Shoei is getting a bit long in the tooth, time for a new lid.

I'm looking for something which is comfortable, handles high speed wind well and most important allows full vision through the view port when my chin is on the tank behind the screen.

I loved my old Shoei RF1000, but never thought is was very comfy. Handled high speed and tucking in very well though.

I'll probably go to Cycle Gear and fit a few to decide, but any advice will be great. LOL, the one thing I can't do is try them on at 160mph.

What are your favorites?

I have Aria Corsair X no complaints, I also have the face shield inner insert that does not fog up. Seems to be mostly air tight but after riding for hours my left ear hurts so I may be getting some wind, I already decided I’m going to start wearing ear plugs to see if that helps. I would buy again.

Arai Defiant X is my current helmet. It’s been up to 150 on the Speedo (not sure what the correct speed is) and it’s been great.

I tried on an AGV K6 and that helmet feels super light but not sure how it performs on the road.

I’ve an Rf1400 and X-Fourteen and love them both. I think the RF line of helmets are the way to go but I may be biased as I’ve had them since the RF1000 as well.

I love my AGV K6, it is a little noisy, but hands down an improvement (as expected on the K3SV). Not the most comfortable tuck, but great view. I've put my flame suit on...

The new Ruroc Atlas 4.0 is surprisingly nice to wear. And has great high speed performance with an amazing viewport. Slight whistling when I turn my head at the wrong angle though.

1658280563703.png
I've been eyeing this Corsair X but at a $1000 I hit the pause button for now.

My HJC RPHA is a good, solid, quiet helmet......it's light and has good visibility.
I agree with Bumblebee about the rpha but be careful which one you get because my rpha 70st had a large vent in the front that did seem to cause some helmet shake when dying Mach Chicken. Other then that I love it and it's the best helmet I've ever owned.

Depends on your head shape. Round heads fit the shoeis, AGV, shark and a few others.
Oval heads fit in Arai just fine. Like mine. I’ve wanted a Rossi lid forever but its not happening

The helmet thread quickly turns into the tire, chain, sprocket and oil thread....

You will ask ten people and get ten different responses...

Back