I Love My New Lid

1meanZ

Registered
I've always worn Arai only but was looking for a new lid mostly for the GF. I found this Shoei for $220 shipped and couldn't pass it up. I thought it might be cheesy to have the Busa helmet but the price was right. I can't believe how much more quiet this Shoei is. My Arai RX-7 Corsair feels a bit more comfy but it's three years old and fully broken in. I think the GF is going to wear the Arai while I wear the Shoei.
tounge.gif
Of course I included a pic.

LIDMB.JPG

Nice !! Mine are just plain flat black , a flat red , and a flat yellow one.

I love my 1000 tooooo, but  the Gold visor looks  
SHOCKED.gif
great on my Ti color helmet
tounge.gif

DAMN!! $200 is a steal. I remember when those helmets sold for $500. Ask me how I know?
rock.gif
all_coholic.gif
Anyways, I waited for the '03s to come out and there were some left as overstock, and they wanted $450 for it. I told the lady that she could keep the helmet, and she decided to sell it to me for $250. I have the silver/grey from '02

Awesome lid!!

I miss my RF-1000 Diabolic!! Most comfy helmet (quiet too) that I've ever worn. It was destroyed in a high side during a track day T12-13 CA Speedway AMA track.

I bought a KBC VR-2. Nice lid but DOESN'T COMPARE TO THE SHOEI!!

yeap you right on that...I got a rf1000 when I got the busa and I need a helmet to ride home and there wasn't much of choice at the stealership...so I picked black one...
anyway, it is the most quiet one in the market (even though its not removeable cheek pad and so on...) but, that will be an excuse to get another one in the near future...
tounge.gif

(GSXcite @ Mar. 09 2007,18:09) Nice helmet, where did you buy it?
EBAY.

I went with the dark smoke for a 2nd shield. I thought it looked best with this lid. I can wear the dark smoke 90% of the time with the HID
muscle.gif

Back