New lid!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
WELL guys when i get my bike back together i'm also gonna need a new lid. I'm lookin to spend $4-600 on it and i'm leaning towards Arai, Shoei, and Suomy but i was wondering what your guys thoughts are on these brands of lids and how do their sizes run. My old lid is a large HJC.

I have a Quantum II right now. I bought it instead of the RX7 Corsair cause the rx7 didn't fit right. For 09, Arai has come out with the new Corsair V and it fits me great so that's what I'm going with this time. Very comfy, light, well fitting helmets. They have many different profiles to fit your head correctly. Keep in mind that most helmets have pads that can be changed out to get a better fit. I like Suomy 1r extreme and the Shoei's are pretty nice too, very quiet.

Hey Larry, fit first... brand means nothing if the lid does not fit correctly..

Suomy is a nice helmet but it fits round heads (tried to get one, no fitty) Shoei and Arai both fit oval heads (my favs)

might be some guys that can wear all three but so far, I have only seen guys that could wear one or the other (in comfort anyway)

ive wore a suomy for quite awhile love it they fit a little on the small side though like a large is more like a medium, just got a new arai corsair though and really like it also

I like my Suomy too, and they do fit a size small. However, given the opportunity I probably would not bought one again, the parts are too hard to come by campared to the US brands....

I have all three of those, I always wear earplugs and I don't have a favorite because they all do something better than the other.
Suomy best fit for me
Shoei easiest visor replacement but I rarely change them
Arai and has that neat non removable tuckable under the chin wind skirt and is hand made.

All vent good enough I can wear them in the Desert 112F+ out here. Get the one that fits you best and is the best price. They are all rediculously high priced. If your on a budget you hve to check out SparX they are even lighter than most $600 helmets.

I have just bought my third helmet in 3 years, yes I know.... I have an odd shaped head I guess and had trouble finding a good fit. I have found the ARAI Profile to be my favorite, by far. Others are a Scorpion & Icon

Hey, if you liked your HJC, Competion Accesories has AC-12 carbons on sale. I got a new one this year, Ben Spies replica, $475.00 helmet for $199.00!!!

My new helmet.jpg

Helmet! Who needs a stinkin' helmet!?? Do a search I'm sure you'd come up with plenty of recommendations like this one

BYGermanRed_lg.jpg

You won't go wrong with either of those choices all are quality lids.
Main thing is fit, try them all on to see which is best for you. Shoei was the most comfortable for me.

I really want this helmet for the looks and the dual visor function but i have realized that hjc's are exactly what they are a cheap helmet. I mean they work and saved my life I just fell a better quality would offer more impact protection if it were to happen again

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologise for the suggestion of HJC, I thought that if it was good enough for Ben Spies in World Super Bike and AMA Super Sport, the Carbon Fibre would be good enough for anyone. Trust me, the quality is not cheap. Besides, all helmets have to pass DOT or SNELL, and HJC does.

Last edited:
The Shoei RF1000 series fits me good, but everyone's head is different so please be sure to try 'em on for a good fit. :thumbsup:

D

shoei x-11 or arai rx7 corsair, whichever fits better. sharks are nice too :whistle:

Back