New Lid Advice RF1200 or Corsair V???

Ahaulss

Registered
Hello,
I need some help choosing a new lid. I am undecided between a Shoei RF-1200 (beacon $530.00) and a Arai Corsair V that I found on craigslist for $600(like new worn once)?
So my question is which helmet is a better lid? I do care for looks however I'm more interested in performance.

I honestly like the way the Shoei looks better(since it will be matching my bike) and I would also be buying new for 530.00 from revzilla. Or should I go with the Arai Corsair V that is slightly used and comes with extra cheek pads and dark screen(but doesn't match my bike)?

Ultimately what my question is if the Arai Corsair V is significantly better than the Shoei then I will sacrifice looks and a little extra cash. If the performance difference isn't much then I will go with the shoei.
I realize this is an opinion based question however I would like the hear Shoei Rf1200 owners and Corsair V owners help me decide on one or the other.

P.S. I've tried both helmets on at a retail store and I can't give either helmet a preference on fit, they both fit perfectly.

shoei_rf1200_beacon_helmet_detail.jpg

00N0N_2BOXCLB0Dqe_600x450.jpg

I honestly like the way the Shoei looks better(since it will be matching my bike) and I would also be buying new for 530.00 from Revzilla.

Buy the Shoei :)

I honestly like the way the Shoei looks better(since it will be matching my bike) and I would also be buying new for 530.00 from Revzilla.
I've tried both helmets on at a retail store and I can't give either helmet a preference on fit, they both fit perfectly

Buy the Shoei :)

P.S. Sorry for the DOUBLE POST :(

It's tough to argue against a Shoei, especially the one you've pictured (I liked that graphic the second I first saw it months ago). However, Arai offers a great, albeit pricey, option. If you size it right, an Arai should fit you better than anything else. You've gotta start with the right head shape for Arai and it can be tricky to figure out. If you choose the wrong head shape, then you'll never get the best fit after that. Once you've determined your Arai head shape, THEN you pick your graphic from what's available for the relevant model. Keep in mind, most folks are wearing a helmet that's 1 to 2 sizes too large. Arai's sizing options (pads, micro pad peel-off adjustments, interiors, head shapes, etc), if used well/applied correctly, often get folks into a smaller helmet. And you WANT the smallest helmet possible without compromising performance and comfort.

Best of luck!

Arai Defiant Character in Red. New in box. Will make ya a deal if you are interested. Only if its the size you need of course.

arai_defiant_helmet_character_red_detail_1_600.jpg

New ARAI Corsair V for the win. Paid $450.00 for mine. Solid black, best helmet I ever owned. :thumbsup:

Back