ICON helmets. Are they any good?

I bought an Icon Alliance 2 years ago, had a Shoei before that. For my head, the Icon is a better fit. The lining materials are quite good, right up there with more expensive makes. It's holding up quite well, I'll be ordering new liner and cheekpads rather than move on to something else, the helmet works quite well for me.

isn't the first rule to make sure the helmet is comfortable and fits right?

with that said, no issue with mine, aside from being super loud.

Most wind noise is generated in 2 places - the edges of the visor closest to the clips (where it attaches to the helmet), and along the helmet skirt (the bottom edge). Use a piece of paper to find the area where the face shield does not seat properly, and adjust the clips/clamps. You can use silicone to create a bead at the clamps to break the wind noise.

Many people use a neckwarmer/neckgaiter and roll the top up against the lip of the helmet to break the turbulence that causes wind noise.

Of course the best way is to use ear plugs.

I have an Icon and a Shoei. The Shoei fits better for my head and it's quieter then the Icon but it fogs-up a lot more then my Icon. Both are Hayabusa exclusives.

I have a Shoei rf1100, an Icon Alliance (lucky lid, had to get it) and a cheap HJC. To tell you the truth the icon is my favorite with the Shoei 2nd and HJC last. I think alot of it has to do with fitment ( the shape of your mellon). I would buy another Icon in a minute. One of these days I'll spring for a Arai, when I find one that hits me just right.....

the icon carbon is one of their highest helmets to begin with and ive ridden with one before and loved it, just remember helmets are just like tires its an opinion thing and to some people its like some harley riders who think if its not a harley its not a motorcycle..... also remember a helmet is not permanent it should be replaced every few years according to both manufacturers and the motorcycle safety foundation. Whats your noggin worth to you... if you can afford 500 for a helmet then shop for good ones and some of the icons are good helmets, shoei and arai are also good but remember every manufacturer has different levels of product as well. Personally owning a new business ive got money going out from every direction and if i could afford a new shoei i would in a heart beat but i cant especially since ive got so much money going into my bike right now

Back