Ok not that i am un-happy about it...

Nice lids Revlis! That new Shoei would go pretty nice with my BUSA!

Glad to see you didn't get a Skid Lid.... Gotta keep the grape safe.... Nice lid!

Rev,
Newbie here, but I just went to the dealer yesterday in my quest for a helmet.  The Arai fit better than Shoei (guy at dealer told me Shoeis fit an egg-shaped head better and Arias fit a more round shaped head).  Guess I have a nice round melon.  The Arai was $759.99!!!  My wife looked at me like,  "So what, it's you head you moron."  I know but holy freagin crap!  It is the most important protection a rider can have (except their riding instinct and intuition) but shouldn't I be able to get a great helmet that will protect me just as well, look almost as cool (graphics) for a lot less?
I know dealers are pretty expensive w/ mark-ups, but c'mon.  Any advice on best places or sites to buy a helmet from once you know your size and make?

thanks for any inputs fellas and felletes.

P.S. What kind of incense you burning there Rev...huh,huh??? Whatchya hidin'?

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139806435 -->

Rev,
Newbie here, but I just went to the dealer yesterday in my quest for a helmet.  The Arai fit better than Shoei (guy at dealer told me Shoeis fit an egg-shaped head better and Arias fit a more round shaped head).  Guess I have a nice round melon.  The Arai was $759.99!!!  My wife looked at me like,  "So what, it's you head you moron."  I know but holy freagin crap!  It is the most important protection a rider can have (except their riding instinct and intuition) but shouldn't I be able to get a great helmet that will protect me just as well, look almost as cool (graphics) for a lot less?
I know dealers are pretty expensive w/ mark-ups, but c'mon.  Any advice on best places or sites to buy a helmet from once you know your size and make?

P.S. What kind of incense you burning there Rev...huh,huh???  Whatchya hidin'?
I bought an Arai Signet GTR (last years model) on close-out at the local Stealership this Fall (Nov I think) grand total.............................. Drum Roll please.............

$150. WoooooHooooo!!!

wow.gif

Holy frijole. 150 bones!? That's it? Not sure what the retail was but daymn. Nice buy.

You didn't buy a motorcycle as well by chance did you?

Holy frijole.  150 bones!?  That's it?  Not sure what the retail was but daymn.  Nice buy.  

You didn't buy a motorcycle as well by chance did you?
jump9.gif
Nope, it was the last Charcoal Gray Large size, and he wanted to dump it... I certainly didn't get offended by him pushing the deal onto me
smile.gif

Rev,

P.S. What kind of incense you burning there Rev...huh,huh???  Whatchya hidin'?
OK First of all I am far From Un-Biased, Arai helmets are simply the best fitting, most effective energy absorbing device on the market. You want to KNOW, Without a doubt that your giving yourself the absolute BEST chance of keeping your noodle unscrambled? Get an Arai. Great Finishes, great ventilation.

Yeah they are expensive, TOO Damn Expensive. BUT, when it comes to your melon, what's a couple hundred bucks. They really do work better.

OK, But you'll notice that I just bought a Shoei RF1000. Why? Well last week I just spent $645 on a New Tommy Gun RX7 Corsair (With My Discount) and my wallet cannot absorb two Arais in two weeks, and there is a larger mark up on the Shoei's percentage wise than an Arai's as well so At Dead Cost I paid Just under $400 bones with new Cheek pads, and a new pair of Gloves.

This new Shoei isn't as comfortable, light, or as well finished, BUT it will still do the job and I trust it at the speeds and conditions I am going to be running a Harley at. If I were buying a lid for another sport bike? It would have been another Arai no question.

So, Buy a Helmet that you WANT to put on, that's real Bright and Visible, that tells folks you have enough self respect and enough to protect that you don't mind shelling out the extra coin for a helmet you love. AND YOU SHOULD LOVE YOUR HELMETS... They keep you alive, bug free, rock free and ask for little in return.

I cant believe you actually bought a shoei! LOL!
laugh.gif
Nice lid though.
I know I know...  *Sigh*  But really the wallet couldn't handle two Arai's in Two Weeks...  

Just wasn't going to take it...  Not right now.  
smile.gif

And to be honest, I really had been looking at this design for a year. It was on display right by the parts counter and I really do like it... So what the hell should be the ticket for the cruisers anyway, low speed..

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139856900 -->

Sweet helmet Rev ... the Diabolic was the last Shoei I bought before getting hooked on Arai. Great choice Bro ... now speaking of gloves ... I really do have a fetish ...

Gloves3.jpg

OK, So the New Shoei was really pissing me off, lots of buffeting, loud, and didn't vent for sh!t.

We'll After removing the windscreen from the Softail Classic I have to revise my earlier thoughts. NO the Shoei isn't as form fitting as the Arai but the RF1000 is a good fit. The Ventilation once Air can actually get to it is very nice. Kept the visor fog free except when stopped and overall just worked well.

Noise was also seriously reduced, what I didn't know was that the windscreen is so easy to remove and I didn't realize how much that windscreen was assing up the ride. The bike feels much smoother going down the road and over all feel so much better. Apparantly having all that wind blasting off the forks was causing a lot of the crappy vibes and turbulance I was feeling.

So the RF1000 is good to go. Not an Arai, but it fits and works well.
thumbs-up.gif

Back