Tail of Helmet vanity gone wrong. Now with pretty girls...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
So yeah, Bought the Moto-Guzzi last year, and had been wearing a Shoei RF1000 that I hated with it because my Arai Re-Entry just clashed too bad. I'm not one that thinks we need to ride around looking like power rangers but the Orange with the Red Griso just wasn't right. Looked like I was color blind.

SO, I had the Arai Re-Entry and it worked great with the black Busa, but with an all Red Bike??? Not so much.

You can kinda see what I mean here.
lRevsOldeArai.jpg

a1c9089c.jpg

The solid orange with the Blue just isn't working.
SO I bought an RF1000 Diabolic 2 which just doesn't work for me, maybe I'm spoiled, or it's just an odd fit but I do not care for it much, it's not comfortable.
shoei_hlmt_rf-1000-diabolic2_tc5_l.jpg

So I figured Hell, I'll keep the RF1000 for the cruiser riding and I'll buy a new Arai for the sportbikes...

So I bought this one.
Arai RX7 Corsair Tommy Gun.
bRevsTommy-GunRX705copy.jpg

Well after trying it on, I realized that it was too small and after all a bit over the top, too loud too damn bright.

This one I packaged up and sold to Nitrousjunkie, who BTW is an awesome person to work with. :thumbsup:

Well I just dealt with the RF1000 for awhile longer, until I found this.

IMG_5106-2.jpg

IMG_5109-1.jpg

Thought the RX-7 Kenny Roberts JR rep was the ticket, but after awhile I realized it just wasn't vivid enough, blends to well with traffic.

After some thinking though I decided to hell with it... Being seen is the single MOST important thing I look for in a helmet, I want it to stand out...

SO....

Re: Tail of Helmet vanity gone wrong. Think I got it, though Nitrousjunkie will be ro

I've gone back to the beginning... And yeah...

IMG_5165.jpg

Bought another RX-7 Tommy Gun... The Red works great with the Griso, and it's the brightest helmet I've owned.

IMG_5174.jpg

IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

I love it with the gold Visor as well. :banghead:

Nothing like taking a year to get the right helmet on your head.

OH and FWIW, I actually bough this helmet from Competition Accessories, saved a ton! It's fresh outta the box and in perfect shape. Shipping was $2.99 or something silly. I'd just recommend getting professionally fitted before ordering. :thumbsup: Just go ahead and order the visor locally and reward the Sales person fitting you for the Arai, remember the local guys are all hurting.

Also remember that Arai's form to your head, and they should be a bit Over-snug in the beginning.

So yeah, I know there are some other Helmet Ho's out there, thought I'd share...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Re: Tail of Helmet vanity gone wrong. Think I got it, though Nitrousjunkie will be ro

Sweet lid, Keith!!!! Some things need to 'age' to become better...now you've 'got it right'.

:beerchug:

Very nice!!!

Nice, :thumbsup:

I never saw a picture of a motorcycle that you mentioned. Are you sure you posted a picture of a motorcycle? :whistle:

Nicksully- crap man you beat me too it.... :laugh: Sweet lids too

Yes she was in some other pictures a year or so back...:beerchug::thumbsup:

Yeah She's was a Model that came in wanting to work while I was the Art Director... Who am I to object.

Since then we've become very good friends... Pisser of it is that she really is more of a little sister now than a pretty girl. Damn I must be getting old.

But She's a hoot to be around, and just needs the occasional push to keep her going straight down the road. :thumbsup:

Remember the H-D Shoot Last Spring?
Gen-02-08-CPY_208.jpg

Sweet lid, Keith!!!! Some things need to 'age' to become better...now you've 'got it right'.

:beerchug:

Very nice!!!

Yeah but it cost me a lot of money just to run round in circles to end up with the clown helmet after all...

Would have been best just to slow down and really figure out what I want. :banghead:

Very nice, but have you made up your mind! :thumbsup:

Damn. Introduce her to me. I'm single. :laugh:

If you feel like parting with the KR lid in a few weeks I'd be interested. I like the look of that one.

Damn. Introduce her to me. I'm single. :laugh:

If you feel like parting with the KR lid in a few weeks I'd be interested. I like the look of that one.

Damn, you live in the same area as her! I stand no chance...:laugh:

...Unless she only goes out with the guy who has the fastest color. Then I'm in for sure! :thumbsup:

I could see your trouble, those were all super nice lids:bowdown: and a good pick in the end:thumbsup:

...and those eyes, amazing!

Let me know when BOTH are for sell,You know I'll take em!:laugh::laugh::beerchug:

Dam I am in love................. I hat being old :down:

How'd you get Megan Fox to model your bike???:beerchug::bowdown:

Let me know when BOTH are for sell,You know I'll take em!:laugh::laugh::beerchug:

NOPE! Im a keeping this one.... :rofl: Tired of chasing my tail.

Seriously though, I just went in a big year and half loop... What a waste.

BUT this time I got a large RX7 so I am good to go, fits like a glove. I spent about two hours out tearing around today and it's the most comfortable helmet I've owned. Freaking LOUD, but that is the price for the Air Circulation which does kick butt.

Figured you'd get a kick out of it... :laugh:

well i guess better late then never :beerchug:

I could see your trouble, those were all super nice lids:bowdown: and a good pick in the end:thumbsup:

...and those eyes, amazing!

The eyes Have it, no Doubt...

Now this is another model that I got to be pretty good friends with, and she has amazing eyes as well...

cda4ff27.jpg

Though Gen's are pretty spectacular.
IMG_2048-1.jpg

When you're working for a fairly conservative Mom-N-Pop, even a big one, the focus has to be on assets that are usable as there aren't going to be any booty shots heading out the door.

All the photos and rights belong to me, and they are un-retouched.

Last edited:
Back