Arai or HJC Carbon

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
I have been thinking about buying a new helmet this spring if I can save enough $$$. I have been saving for my leather pants and have enough money to buy them now, but, I was in the motorcycle shop yesterday looking at the HJC carbon helmets and the sales guy said he had a Arai Profile series Aoki serpent that has only been wore by him a few times. I looked at the helmet and it was perfect. The fit was one of the best fits of any helmet I have tried on. SO, now I am thinking about buying his lid instead of my leather pants and getting them this spring. I talked to Greg ( GPW ) today and he said the Arai, So I know it is a good deal and I trust his opinion. What do you think? QUESTION: Which lid? the ARAI or the HJC carbon.  ARAI = 300.00 cash.   HJC = 350 app. price.  Just give me your take on these 2 lids.  Here is a pic of the Arai.

Thanks for your opinions.

Tim

profile_serpent_396.jpg

I have the HJC carbon, It is great, I can try to post pics later tonight just send me a pm to this link to remind me as I am not home now.

It is light and well vented but a bit noisy. I had a HJC before this one but I like this one alot better. Plus it looks very cool with the carbon.

This is the Vader,

There is also just a regular carbon and the one like above the Spies (however spelled) edition.

Arai for comfort and longevity, HJC for price ! Which means if BOTH fit your head and you want to change every other year go HJC. But if you want a quality, comfortable fit and will keep the Helmet for 5 years, then go ARAI  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Jan. 26 2007,20:35) Arai for comfort and longevity, HJC for price ! Which means if BOTH fit your head and you want to change every other year go HJC. But if you want a quality, comfortable fit and will keep the Helmet for 5 years, then go ARAI  
beerchug.gif
Why would the HJC have to be replaced before others? I have the all carbon one and also ordered replacement parts and pads for it for when I make the inside stink!

I have a HJC AC 11 that my daughter wears. I have the XS liner for her and the medium liner for if I want to wear it, and it is easy to change. I will haft to say that the customer service at HJC is first class. One of the side pieces broke on the lid and I called the place I bought the lid and they gave me a number for someone at HJC and their name, I called him and he sent me the replacement part and one for the other side just in case. First class company. This is Halies lid.

mc2_HJC_maximas.jpg

I like the Arai but some of these HJC's are looking pretty sharp in the Carbon look.  
beerchug.gif

(GPW @ Jan. 26 2007,21:53) I like the Aria but some of these HJC's are looking pretty sharp in the Carbon look.  
beerchug.gif
Greg, Thanks for taking the time to talk with me today on the phone. I hope your grand opening goes well.

Tim

(georgiabusa_05 @ Jan. 26 2007,18:58)
(GPW @ Jan. 26 2007,21:53) I like the Arai but some of these HJC's are looking pretty sharp in the Carbon look.  
beerchug.gif
Greg, Thanks for taking the time to talk with me today on the phone. I hope your grand opening goes well.

Tim
Same here...thanks for the consideration.

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 26 2007,17:38)
(DaCol. @ Jan. 26 2007,20:35) Arai for comfort and longevity, HJC for price ! Which means if BOTH fit your head and you want to change every other year go HJC. But if you want a quality, comfortable fit and will keep the Helmet for 5 years, then go ARAI  
beerchug.gif
Why would the HJC have to be replaced before others? I have the all carbon one and also ordered replacement parts and pads for it for when I make the inside stink!
I never said they have to be changed, I said IF you change every two year the buy the HJC. WHY
wink.gif
it's called $$$$$$$ . Why spend $600 or whatever for an Aria you'll only keep 2 years, just spend less for the basicly same helmet. Me, I don't change interiors, I change helmets since ALL helmet manufacturers say 5 years is the max on a helmet for FULL SAFTY. Why, because the crush material starts loosing its crushability the day it come out of the plant. My head is important to me no matter what the Helmet LOOKS  
SHOCKED.gif
 like. I ware it to protect me and look good. So I generally am buying new helmets every three to four years. I also ware a silky so I never get that nasty hair/head smell in the helmet. Silkys are CHEEEEEEEEEEP  
jump9.gif

Back