New Helmet Arai Quantum2

sageronin

Donating Member
Registered
Or why didn't I listen before now. I love this helmet. I've been wearing Shoei forever and I never considered changing, but a nice birthday present last week and now I'm also an Arai fan.
I'm not gonna' toss my Shoei, but this baby feels real good on my head. IMO when it comes to fit, noise, ventilation, comfort, ease of changing the shield ... the Quantum2 is just a little bit better than the RF1000 in all categories for me. Just one man's opinion ... not trying to convince anyone that one helmet is better than the other for them. It's all about personal choice right?!

NewHelmet.JPG

Nice lid Sage, just became an Arai owner myself,Are those models in the background or Diecast? The 99 Copper/Silver is sweeeeet!NJ.

I have a Quantuam 1 and Its noisey as H--L. I have tried the Shoei RF-1000 and it was MUCH quieter.

I was wondering about the QII. I love the Arai's I have I was about to give up but now it looks like the QII may be the way to go since the Arai is MUCH more COMFORTABLE than the Shoei.

Yes ... I'm a happy convert ... and I agree very comfy for sure ... yep those are diecast models compliments of "wally world"
smile.gif

Noise in the helmet becomes a mute point when you wear ear plugs with the helmet. Then you just choose what fits your head the best. Must protect those ears....whatcha say honey?

If Arai had a better way of changing the shield I might be more inclined to try one. The covered attachment is a real bi*&^% to use. Shoei is sooo much easier.
smile.gif

Bullcrap! I've been beating the Arai WarDrum for the last two years!

Nobody listens...
smile.gif

Told ya they were good helmets.
wink.gif

Now go buy some Silkolene, cause you know Unky rev ain't gunna "steer" ya wrong.

If Arai had a better way of changing the shield I might be more inclined to try one. The covered attachment is a real bi*&^% to use. Shoei is sooo much easier.
smile.gif
Your Wrong, or you haven't really tried an Arai Visor Swap.

Takes about 10 second and is just just as simple as the Shoei's.

I've used both and now I work with both Bro, and seriously the Arai Visor is Mutts Nutts when it comes to simple and fast.

I'll bet if you read the instructions and gave it another shot, you would see what I mean, the visor swap is just that easy.

That being said though Shoei's visors shed water much better and resist scratches much better than Arai visors.

I got an RX7 RR4 Edwards replica and I love it!

I once was a SHOEI fan until I saw the light.
Don't be hatin' shoei fans, its just the truth.

tounge.gif

rr4_ed_gp_p.jpg

I got a quantum as well and love it. It is the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn. Mine was quiet for the first season but is getting noisier all the time. That is what they made ear plugs for though.

DSCF1111a.jpg

Bullcrap!  I've been beating the Arai WarDrum for the last two years!  

Nobody listens...  
smile.gif

Told ya they were good helmets.
wink.gif

Now go buy some Silkolene, cause you know Unky rev ain't gunna "steer" ya wrong.
Yes I remember and I should've taken heed, but it's never too late to get educated
smile.gif
... I did ask my local service mechanic about switching to synthetic, but after we discussed my riding style i.e. commute back and forth to work, some spirited riding in the mountains/hills ocasionally, and some infrequent high speed runs on the open highway, he said regular oil was fine. I'll rethink the Silkolene though as it doesn't hurt to give it a try!! Thanks Uncle Rev!!!

smile.gif

Back