Quick shot of my new lid...

That looks great Bullet. Can't go wrong with black on black. I'm planning on getting a new helmet myself and this is the best so far i could come up with to look decent with my bike. What do you think?? Its an X-11

02-113.jpg

Nice lid BT. BTW Candybusa, that's the exact same lid I'm looking at getting with the new color scheme and all.

I contacted Shoei and they said that the neck area flaps are smaller and dont create a very good seal against your neck.
When i am riding i can put my hand on my neck behind my ear and all noise is gone. This is where the seal flap should have continued into.
Shoei said if you send them the helmet they will put larger flaps on it........
Just email a complaint and they will get back to you quick with a contact name and number so you can arrange the shipment......
Cool lid BT
smile.gif
That glossy black is just pure sweetness!!

Busared-I didn't know that Shoei replaced and was aware of the problem. I'll def. contact them about having them replace on my "Nerve"

Looks sweet BT...
cool.gif

I'm going to start using ear plugs too...figure any long trips in any helmet will be noisy over time...

I contacted Shoei and they said that the neck area flaps are smaller and dont create a very good seal against your neck.
When i am riding i can put my hand on my neck behind my ear and all noise is gone. This is where the seal flap should have continued into.
Shoei said if you send them the helmet they will put larger flaps on it........
Just email a complaint and they will get back to you quick with a contact name and number so you can arrange the shipment......
Cool lid BT
smile.gif
That glossy black is just pure sweetness!!

Busared-I didn't know that Shoei replaced and was aware of the problem. I'll def. contact them about having them replace on my "Nerve"
Yeah, it's hard to go wrong with good ol' classic BLACK.
wink.gif

Looks sweet BT...
cool.gif

I'm going to start using ear plugs too...figure any long trips in any helmet will be noisy over time...
Yeah, my ears and hearing have prolly suffered enough from all those years of loud music, shootin' guns and watchin' the pro drag cars without protection. They just sound so sweet that I couldn't bring myself to muffle it. I read an article in Hot Rod Magazine by an editor that suffers from constant ringin' and permanent hearing loss from the same things I've always done, only he has no doubt been exposed to a LOT more of the loud stuff than I have.

Made me think about the occasional ringin' I have in my ears... Pretty rare before but I noticed I was havin' it more often with the 10 (after every ride of more than 20-30 miles with any speed...). I might have had it happen 3 or 4 times out of all my rides on Train. I've had the ringin' and "numbed down" hearing for a couple days after almost every ride I've had on the 10.

Like the dude who wrote the article pretty much said, the sweet sound right now isn't worth the permanent loss later on. I absolutely LOVE the wicked sound of the 10 growlin' at full boogie. I wanna be able to at least hear it through plugs for a LONG time to come!
wink.gif

Now I've just gotta get used to ridin' with everything muted. It's definitely different...

Sweet lid BT. I have the RF1000 Voltage TC2. Love everything about it.
cool.gif
Thanks.
beerchug.gif
Hope I'm as happy with it as you are. I wore it last night for about 45 minutes solid just to see if I felt any pressure points or discomfort after extended wear. Wore as good when I took it off as when I put it on. So far, so good.
biggrin.gif

I really dig the breath guard that came with it, too. While waitin' for some other local riders last night at our weekly get together I put it on without the guard, closed the shield and got a light fog on the visor in the cool evening air. I put the guard in, cleared the visor, and shut it. Wore it for about 5 minutes in the cold air, breathin' in it and no fog... I'm not sayin' the RF1000 shield will never fog on me, but in the same circumstances the RF900 would have fogged instantly... I also installed the chin guard air blocker. Won't know how well that works until I get to ride though...

Lemme ask ya this... I thought the entire interior of the RF1000 came out. I didn't see any instructions on how to remove anything except the cheek pads and chin strap covers. Does the rest come out? I kinda tugged at it a little but didn't wanna tear anything loose that isn't supposed to come out...
rock.gif

Looks sweet BT...
cool.gif

Yeah, my ears and hearing have prolly suffered enough from all those years of loud music, shootin' guns and watchin' the pro drag cars without protection. They just sound so sweet that I couldn't bring myself to muffle it. I read an article in Hot Rod Magazine by an editor that suffers from constant ringin' and permanent hearing loss from the same things I've always done, only he has no doubt been exposed to a LOT more of the loud stuff than I have.

Made me think about the occasional ringin' I have in my ears... Pretty rare before but I noticed I was havin' it more often with the 10 (after every ride of more than 20-30 miles with any speed...). I might have had it happen 3 or 4 times out of all my rides on Train. I've had the ringin' and "numbed down" hearing for a couple days after almost every ride I've had on the 10.

Like the dude who wrote the article pretty much said, the sweet sound right now isn't worth the permanent loss later on. I absolutely LOVE the wicked sound of the 10 growlin' at full boogie. I wanna be able to at least hear it through plugs for a LONG time to come!
wink.gif

Now I've just gotta get used to ridin' with everything muted. It's definitely different...
Yeah, definitely want to protect my ears from the ringing, but more so want to avoid permanent damage from that damn loud exhaust my hubby put on his Harley!!!
laugh.gif

Looks sweet BT...
cool.gif

wink.gif

Yeah, definitely want to protect my ears from the ringing, but more so want to avoid permanent damage from that damn loud exhaust my hubby put on his Harley!!!
laugh.gif
Lol...
laugh.gif
Now THAT'S a good reason to wear plugs while ridin!
super.gif

laugh.gif

Um Solid Black???  I understand "Look" Bullet but Damn...  You know as well as I do that without ANY bright reflective action your going to be about invisible...   Come on, there is a reason you have a reflective vest when out on the street.      

BUT FOLKS REALLY!  Get the brightest damned helmet you can find and wear that thing.  It'll get you noticed, might just save your life, or at least your bike...  My .02
I have the same lid and I'm happy with it.

Regarding visibility, I agree you need some kind of reflectors on there for night riding. Scotchlite do a black reflective striping (sounds like a contradiction in terms) that I'm going to try on my black/purple 'Busa. It may be possible to use thin/sculptured strips of this on your bike/helmet so that it doesn't interfere with the "Darth Vader" concept, but lights you up at night so you can be seen.

http://911graphics.com/rollstriping.html

During the hours of daylight, I think it's debatable which colors work best for grabbing the attention of other drivers. The problem is that on some streets there's so much background "noise" that even bright colors get "lost". I used to wear bright yellow and red leathers with a red helmet, on a red/black bike and I'd still have to anticipate people pulling out, even pedestrians would step in front of me. Some combinations of colors seem to work like camouflage because they break up the outline of objects, and anyway when viewing a bike from the front the profile is so narrow. The best solutions seem to be riding defensively, a bright headlight and a really loud exhaust....

Um Solid Black??? I understand "Look" Bullet but Damn... You know as well as I do that without ANY bright reflective action your going to be about invisible... Come on, there is a reason you have a reflective vest when out on the street.

BUT FOLKS REALLY! Get the brightest damned helmet you can find and wear that thing. It'll get you noticed, might just save your life, or at least your bike... My .02
I have the same lid and I'm happy with it.

Regarding visibility, I agree you need some kind of reflectors on there for night riding. Scotchlite do a black reflective striping (sounds like a contradiction in terms) that I'm going to try on my black/purple 'Busa. It may be possible to use thin/sculptured strips of this on your bike/helmet so that it doesn't interfere with the "Darth Vader" concept, but lights you up at night so you can be seen.

http://911graphics.com/rollstriping.html

During the hours of daylight, I think it's debatable which colors work best for grabbing the attention of other drivers. The problem is that on some streets there's so much background "noise" that even bright colors get "lost". I used to wear bright yellow and red leathers with a red helmet, on a red/black bike and I'd still have to anticipate people pulling out, even pedestrians would step in front of me. Some combinations of colors seem to work like camouflage because they break up the outline of objects, and anyway when viewing a bike from the front the profile is so narrow. The best solutions seem to be riding defensively, a bright headlight and a really loud exhaust....
I've got the 3M black reflective tape on my patrol car. In daylight it looks like a metallic grey more than it looks black. Wouldn't exactly "blend in" on solid black... The reflective properties at night are great when headlights hit it though...

sweet, bro...not to mention you got a pretty dayum good deal too.

Some guys have all the fun...
sad.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Lemme ask ya this... I thought the entire interior of the RF1000 came out. I didn't see any instructions on how to remove anything except the cheek pads and chin strap covers. Does the rest come out? I kinda tugged at it a little but didn't wanna tear anything loose that isn't supposed to come out...
rock.gif
As far as I know BT, the only pieces that are removable are the cheek pads and strap covers. Not 100% sure.  

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104370585 -->

rock.gif
As far as I know BT, the only pieces that are removable are the cheek pads and strap covers. Not 100% sure.
Yeah, I believe you are right... Damn. I could have sworn I read on Shoei's site that the full interior is removeable. Went back last night and looks like I musta mixed it up with the X-11 when I was tryin' to remember... Oh well... Not gonna swap it out because of that. I kept the RF900 clean and non-funked up ok... I do wish the interior came out though. That should be standard on ALL lids.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104423622 -->

Dont mean to thread jack Train, but are you gonna make the Busa Bash III?
Did ya'll ever settle on the dates? I need to check the calendar to see if I'm off. I'd love to make it. I'll prolly bring my buddy on the 6RR as well. He's dyin' to hit The Gap and any other twisty road he can find.
biggrin.gif

Back