Quick shot of my new lid...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Picked me up a new lid today with my CycleGear gift cards and Christmas money. Went with a solid gloss black Shoei RF1000. Sweet lid! Had to jump up one size compared to my RF900. XL was just too snug. XXL is perfect. Snug without bein' too tight. Regular price was $319. I had a 15% off coupon from their catalog so I got it for under $300. Sweet price for such a nice lid!!!

Anyway, here's a quick pic. I'll take more when I've got some daylight. With the tinted shield it fits right in with the stealth look I'm goin' with on my bike.
wink.gif

38009424.jpg

You will not be disapointed with this helmet BT, I love my Shoei RF-1000, oh by the way, did Cyclegear throw in the visor for free. I know they have/or had a special that when you purchase a new Shoei helmet they would throw in a new visor for free. How was your Christmas Bro?

someone on the board said the 1000 was noisy. tell us how it is when your riding I need a new helmet too. thanks.
I've started wearin' earplugs when ridin' so I doubt I'll be much good to ya on that. I might take it out for a short spin without plugs just to compare it to my RF900 though. I'll post up as soon as I have a chance to ride in it. Maybe Friday if the weather forecast holds out.
wink.gif

You will not be disapointed with this helmet BT, I love my Shoei RF-1000, oh by the way, did Cyclegear throw in the visor for free. I know they have/or had a special that when you purchase a new Shoei helmet they would throw in a new visor for free. How was your Christmas Bro?
Nah, I had to buy the visor. The free one comes with multi-color and/or replica RF1000 models, not the solids...
mad.gif

Oh, and my Christmas was great. Hope yours was as well.
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104293186 -->

Nah, I had to buy the visor. The free one comes with multi-color and/or replica RF1000 models, not the solids...
mad.gif

beerchug.gif
If you consider Santa bringing by some 65-70 degree weather on Christmas day, a nice ride through Angeles Crest, you bet my Chrismas was cool. To bad the Raiders lost to the Chiefs & the Lakers lost to the Heat. Oh well
cool.gif

mad.gif

beerchug.gif
If you consider Santa bringing by some 65-70 degree weather on Christmas day, a nice ride through Angeles Crest, you bet my Chrismas was cool. To bad the Raiders lost to the Chiefs & the Lakers lost to the Heat. Oh well
cool.gif
Yeah, sounds pretty sweet! I'd swap all my local teams losin' for that kinda weather right about now!
biggrin.gif

mad.gif

beerchug.gif
cool.gif
Yeah, sounds pretty sweet! I'd swap all my local teams losin' for that kinda weather right about now!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Didn't think I would like a solid color lid, but that gloss black is nice!

very nice, I like the solid gloss black!!!
I have a pretty big mellon and got an XL and it was really tight but now after riding with it it loosened up quite a bit and feels a little loose. XXL would probably fly off my head.
tounge.gif

Ahhh man you could've kept on wearing the 'Busa' helmet with the 10 ... ya know give the Kawi some more class and all ... j/k ... I like your new lid
smile.gif
... I also have both the rf900 and the rf1000 ... I'm still partial to the rf900 as it feels better and yes it is a tiny bit quieter when I don't wear ear plugs on a short run. The rf1000 definitely vents better though.
Happy New Year to you Chris!

i have the Lazer rf1000 helmet and after i ride my ears a ringing. I contacted Shoei and they said that the neck area flaps are smaller and dont create a very good seal against your neck.
When i am riding i can put my hand on my neck behind my ear and all noise is gone. This is where the seal flap should have continued into.
Shoei said if you send them the helmet they will put larger flaps on it........
Just email a complaint and they will get back to you quick with a contact name and number so you can arrange the shipment......

By the way did anybody else think that the area between your mouth and the front of the helmet was unusually close.
If I dont get under the windscreen at above 70mph i can feel the helmet get pushed back to my mouth and it keeps trying to lift. And its definately not too big I have a medium and it feels snug all the way around and my head fits all the way into the top of the dome of the helmet nicely, but i am wondering if its too small.

Um Solid Black??? I understand "Look" Bullet but Damn... You know as well as I do that without ANY bright reflective action your going to be about invisible... Come on, there is a reason you have a reflective vest when out on the street.

Just a quick Check is all man. Helmet looks good. I like the RF1K Shell Shape. Also, you can do what I did with my old RF. Get a little bit of Black Duct tape, and run it carefully along the bottom edge of your helmet padding joining the two sections. NOT ALL SLOPPY just a little strip down each side. TRY it just temporarily and you might be shocked by how much quieter your lid will be...

BUT FOLKS REALLY! Get the brightest damned helmet you can find and wear that thing. It'll get you noticed, might just save your life, or at least your bike... My .02

Nice lid Bro.

very nice, I like the solid gloss black!!!
I have a pretty big mellon and got an XL and it was really tight but now after riding with it it loosened up quite a bit and feels a little loose. XXL would probably fly off my head.
tounge.gif
Well, I took break-in into account and still felt like the XL would be a bit too snug ever after wearin' it a while. Hopefully the XXL won't break in and be too loose. I don't think it will.
wink.gif

Ahhh man you could've kept on wearing the 'Busa' helmet with the 10 ... ya know give the Kawi some more class and all ... j/k ... I like your new lid
smile.gif
... I also have both the rf900 and the rf1000 ... I'm still partial to the rf900 as it feels better and yes it is a tiny bit quieter when I don't wear ear plugs on a short run. The rf1000 definitely vents better though.
Happy New Year to you Chris!
Yeah, well, I done a lot of prayin' that she wouldn't spit me off for insultin' 'er by wearin' a busa lid and h.org shirts while ridin' 'er.
laugh.gif
She was very tolerant but I was afraid she'd grow impatient if I didn't do somethin' soon.
biggrin.gif

As for noise, I've started wearin' plugs every time I ride 'er. She don't offer as much airflow protection as Train did. Never really had ear problems ridin' Train with the RF900 but I noticed that my ears would ring after longer, or faster rides. I should have been wearin' plugs all along but just never did. I may take one ride without plugs just to compare the two lids but it'll be a short one. Can't afford to lose any of my hearing.
drooling3.gif

i have the Lazer rf1000 helmet and after i ride my ears a ringing. I contacted Shoei and they said that the neck area flaps are smaller and dont create a very good seal against your neck.
When i am riding i can put my hand on my neck behind my ear and all noise is gone. This is where the seal flap should have continued into.
Shoei said if you send them the helmet they will put larger flaps on it........
Just email a complaint and they will get back to you quick with a contact name and number so you can arrange the shipment......

By the way did anybody else think that the area between your mouth and the front of the helmet was unusually close.
If I dont get under the windscreen at above 70mph i can feel the helmet get pushed back to my mouth and it keeps trying to lift. And its definately not too big I have a medium and it feels snug all the way around and my head fits all the way into the top of the dome of the helmet nicely, but i am wondering if its too small.
Thanks for the heads up, man!
beerchug.gif
I'll look into that ASAP. I didn't really notice any loose areas around my neck while tryin' it on or playin' around with it last night. Maybe I just didn't notice... Anyway, thanks again for the info.
wink.gif

Um Solid Black??? I understand "Look" Bullet but Damn... You know as well as I do that without ANY bright reflective action your going to be about invisible... Come on, there is a reason you have a reflective vest when out on the street.

Just a quick Check is all man. Helmet looks good. I like the RF1K Shell Shape. Also, you can do what I did with my old RF. Get a little bit of Black Duct tape, and run it carefully along the bottom edge of your helmet padding joining the two sections. NOT ALL SLOPPY just a little strip down each side. TRY it just temporarily and you might be shocked by how much quieter your lid will be...

BUT FOLKS REALLY! Get the brightest damned helmet you can find and wear that thing. It'll get you noticed, might just save your life, or at least your bike... My .02

Nice lid Bro.
Yeah, I know that I'm gonna be all but invisible with all the black. I ride like I'm invisible anyway though. I trust NOBODY to see me when I'm on the bike.

I seriously looked at the RF1000 "Nerve" TC-5 for some added visibility. It was a sweet lookin' lid but couldn't see payin' an extra +/-$100 for cookie cutter graphics...
drooling3.gif
I could do somethin' much cooler myself and for less $$$. That's likely what I'll do down the road when the black gets the inevitable scuffs and scratches. I've got a couple ideas in mind...

Thanks for the tape trick, too bro.
beerchug.gif
I'll give it a try...

Back