Thought I Should Finaly Post

gack

Registered
Hi all, I bought my first Busa last August and have been checking this site out almost daily so I figured I should finally say Hi. I'm glad I found you guy's. Tons of great information here.
My wife and I have been riding Harleys for the last 15 or so years after a long Hiatus from riding after the kids were born. When we first met 35 years ago, I owned a Suzuki ltd 750 and a 400 Yamaha dirt bike. No car in rainy Vancouver BC. She was good with me picking her up for dates on the bike so love at first sight. Ive been checking Busas out for years and finally sold the last Harley, then spent the next year and a half assuring my self proclaimed Harley snob wife (lol) that she would love this bike. She cried the first time I found one that I was serious about buying, so I let it go and by the time I found the second one I was interested in she was warming to the Idea. I have to say, I love this bike. What a torque monster The wife likes it too just not as much as I do so the bike we bought is a trial bike.
The one we bought we didn't pay much for, It's a 2002, had 28.000km on it, new Pilot tires, Yoshimura exhaust, an aftermarket steering dampener, that I'm replacing next week with the factory one, and one brutal paint job. it sat in the corner of a paint shop for 3 years with a raw paint job on it and covered in overspray, a couple of late nights in the shop with some rum, a lot of wet sandpaper, random orbit buffing wheels, cut polish and wax, and some new Bulgarian decals, it looks pretty good.
Ive changed all fluids, wish I would have changed all hoses at the same time just because of age, Put some 1 inch risers on the bars, bought a Chinese pillion, a used OEM rear grab bar, some HHH brake pads,(or is that double H triple h is a wrestler right") still not installed because I think Ill go to stainless lines the same time, bought a magnetic tank bag and some soft saddle bags.
I have some 12volt connections with a better system to follow but at least I can plug in the radar detector, the phone and the heated vest for the night rides this time of year.
I'm looking forward to learning how to ride it properly and getting the wife more exited about some spirited riding instead of the Lazy boy ride we were used to.
Should be ready for the second Busa juuust about time for the 3rd gen to come out......

20150922_135815.jpg

share205.jpg

share219.jpg

WOW, history, mods, pics, this guy has been lurking for awhile and done his research.. WELCOME GACK!

:welcome:Nice bike and great first post. Hope you get a lot of happy miles with the wife on the new ride.

spray the back side, the adhesive side, with a soap and water solution. Then use a plastic spreader, like you would use for Body filler, to work all the soap and bubbles out. While it's wet you can move it around till you get it in the placement that you want then start from the center of the decal and work out towards the edges. If you search youtube you'll find a few how to video's I think the decal guy even had one. A wet rag is useful as well for the narrower parts of the decal. You have to be careful not to rip or bend it but the ones I had were pretty good quality so not a real concern. Careful not to scratch them as well.

:welcome: to the board and congrats on making it to the Busa world :beerchug:

Back