New Busa Owner

Lawman

Registered
I just bought my first Sport Bike in October and chose a 2006 Hayabusa  after riding Harleys for years. It was my early retirement gift to myself after 15yrs as a Cop (Motor Officer).  What a difference in riding, speed, power and everything else. I Re-enlisted in the Army after being out for 16yrs and hope to take it overseas with me to Germany or maybe Japan. I should have bought one years ago!!

Picture_or_Video_212.jpg

Welcome! Can you tell us more about your bike? We just like to know that kinda stuff.

Picked up local here in Daytona Beach. It had 1400 miles on it a 2006 and pretty much stock out of the box other than the zero-g windshield. Not a mark on it looks brand new. Still getting used to riding the BUSA coming over from the big Harley's riding my own and police bikes. The tail lamps and front turn signals were changed to the clear with LED's other than that it's a stock 1300.

Now I know why I could never CATCH one on my Harley or ever really tried too. LOL FAST!!!!

I just bought my first Sport Bike in October and chose a 2006 Hayabusa  after riding Harleys for years. It was my early retirement gift to myself after 15yrs as a Cop (Motor Officer).  What a difference in riding, speed, power and everything else. I Re-enlisted in the Army after being out for 16yrs and hope to take it overseas with me to Germany or maybe Japan. I should have bought one years ago!!
Nice bike.  Curious -- you renlisted after 16 years?  I was in for 8 yrs - been out 20 yrs.  Is there no longer an age limit?

Good question on my Re-enlistment to the Military.

Okay here it is..

9-1/2 yrs Marine Corps

15yrs Police Officer Seved on (Motor Unit)

Re-enlisted on 10/18/04 for 4yrs active duty.

Retired Police Dept. on 10/25/07 and ship for the Army on 11/26/07. All prior service can return to duty depending on which service they choice will depend on their age. I am 43 my max age for return to duty for the Army & Navy is 46. The Marine Corps is the same but it takes to long to get approved and you may reach 46 before your papers clear command. The main rule is you must reach retirement by age 60 with your prior service time added to the time left you have before reaching age 60.

Thats why I got the bike and told the wife after all my time working with one retirement in the box! I need another bike and saved some money by finding the 06 with 1400 miles on it. I am way into Sport Bikes now and find myself getting up late at night searching the speed channel for the Sport Bike Shows and riding with guys on my street with Busa's. Should have got one years ago looking at other? motorcycles I have had and that's another story all together. The 2007 & 2008 Models of my prior bike have some issues you can guess which make. Love this bike

You need to talk to MC Mustang. He stormed Japan aboard a busa a few years back. I would choose Europe over Japan, but Ive heard that the riding season is short in Germany. Cant go wrong with either though. USN has bases in italy and spain!

This for sure aint local...

Winding_Road.jpg

hello.gif
Welcome to our world.... Nice find on the Busa.....
Good luck.....

IMG_0008.JPG

Dude,

I just bought that exact same bike today, except it is brand new out of the crate.  A brand new 2006, can you believe it?  

The dealer here in Cherry Hill, NJ picked it up from another dealer in Ohio, who still had it on the shelf.

$8695.00 wow, for a Busa!

I wanted the 2008 model, but I had an itch that need some scratchin'.

Good Luck man I know how pumped you must be!
ukliam3.gif

Oh yeh, what do think of the avatar?

Back