Should I

Texas Busa

Registered
Here is my problem, I plan on buying my first bike within the next week, and I went to the shop to try and buy a busa and the sales guy said he would not sell me one becuase i never been on a bike other then the one in the saftey class. Do you guys think it is that crazy for my first bike to be a busa?

No you dont need a Busa .. you need a 600 or a 550 . Not trying to be mean but a busa will get you into more trouble then you could ever get out of being a rookie. Would you go out and fly a jet before a prop plane nope and this is the same differance. To much comes on to quick one wrong twist of the throttle and you done hurt yourself or someone else...Have to learn to walk before you can run..

Here is the perfect starter bike 599 honda . Get it master it then get a busa . Believe me you wont regret it .

599.jpg

Is this a serious thread?  
rock.gif

smile.gif

If so, here's a link to other threads that have posed the same question.  Take your time and please read through them.

beerchug.gif
to a salesman with some scrouples. I know it is frustrating for you, but the salesman was trying to look out for your best interest.

i have to agree with everyone else. when i bought mine, i was coming off of a cbr600. the sales person kept asking me if i was sure that i was ready for the big jump. like the others have stated, this thing can be down right scary at times. and even after you get the feel for the bike u can still scare the pizz outta yourself. i would recommend a 750 for a starter. reason i say that is that u will get bored on a 600 very very quick. the 750 has a bit more power but it is still able to be controlled. good luck with whatever it is u purchase and make sure u post up some pics of whatever bike u do choose to go with.
beerchug.gif

keep us posted!!!!

Start with a SV 650 or something like that. I got a Busa in Dec and even though I have been riding for a few years I got on it and did not know the front wheel was 2 ft off the ground until I shifted and the front end slammed back down. Needless to say I had a butt pucker moment at that moment.

save yourself a lot of pain and listen to what the salesman and everyone else is saying...i've been riding bikes of one type or another for over 30 years and this bike is still a handful sometimes...learn to ride on something that isn't apt to kill or maim you as easily as the 'Busa can then come join us...we'll still be here...in the meantime, hang around, learn all you can, and enjoy this sport within your level of ability as it progresses...don't dismiss your dream just hold off until you have the experience needed
beerchug.gif

you may hate that salesman now..but you will thank him later, for he might have just saved your life. I wanted a 1995 900rr as my first street bike and the salesman refused. I got a ninja 600r as my first, hit the pavement and kept learning, now i progressed from that to a 600f3, 900rr, then a r1 , now to my busa. I took my time, more then I needed..but now I enjoy the busa and learned through experience, thats what saves your ass in split second descisions, like it has been said before, this bike can get away from you in milliseconds, one wrong twist and its in the next zip code, or worse, into the next wall. Take your time learning, enjoy the bikes you ride, and live to ride your dream bike, when its your time to seize the dream bike it just happens.

may the road you ride be long and safe...yet challanging and fun

busa is my first streetbike..... I road motocross for about 15yrs prior though
super.gif

I did search this question and I did not find this much feed back, I think I will check criagslist and see if I can find a small bike for now. I just thought of it as wasting money getting a small bike and 6 months latter wanting the beast, I have friend who first bike was a busa and he rides it like a champ.

(Texas Busa @ Feb. 21 2007,21:21) I did search this question and I did not find this much feed back, I think I will check criagslist and see if I can find a small bike for now. I just thought of it as wasting money getting a small bike and 6 months latter wanting the beast, I have friend who first bike was a busa and he rides it like a champ.
Spend your first season on a smaller bike and you will be kicking his "champ" butt all over the place in the corners. It's much easier to learn how to ride properly on a smaller bike.
beerchug.gif

I say if you are a big boy (as in grown) and you can handle it (or at least you think you can) go for it just becareful, if on the other hand you are a stupid kid (if you are be honest with yourself here) dont get a busa, I dont want to see any one get hurt. Good luck with what ever you choose!

Your Size and Maturity level should help you decide if you ready cause your skills will grow with time(if you know how to ride the slightest).Stay away from folks in the beginning and hone your skills,ride to your comfort level not what you see others doing.My first bike was a 1000 and I think it taught me to be humble because I KNEW WHAT IT COULD DO TO ME...Think ahead when you ride,and relax and you will be fine...How Tall are you?Weight?

If you take a couple steps before getting the Busa then you'll understand and appreciate it more.

Back