Finally got an 08 busa and i'm scared out my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and because my $.02 is diff from yours i should quit posting? fyi, he's already decided. thats the beauty of the i-net, i can post my $.02 and not have to join rank-n-file.

jabs or realty, it is what it is........do you really think it's advisable for a guy w/ 1 mos experience to be advising others? happens alot.

I've been checking out your jabs at newbies and I'm telling you it's not how we do things on the oRg, period. Read in to it all you want; guys like you won't last here if this is how you offer up "advice".

Do what you will; we'll go from here...there are respectable ways to get your point across, but you haven't shown that you have that skill just yet, hence you poke fun by saying things like "another noob speaks from his loads of experience" as if you're the only one with answers.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of the new members signing up for what they feel is a great site, then we have members here that scare 'em off...

I don't tolerate it anymore...

ok, fact remains if your 6'3 your gonna pretty much make ANY bike sans shaq's bike look small.

and sure the busa is a big better on the ergo's then say GSXR, but between 600/750/1000 there ain't a whole lotta diff. so then should a 100lb rider pick the 600, 200-750 & 300lber the 1000? all being new riders, just vary in size.

I would recommend they sit on a bunch of different bikes and decide what they feel comfortable on. Then take their time and "feel-out" the bike.

No matter what bike you are on, more balls than brains is always trouble.

Do what you will; we'll go from here...there are respectable ways to get your point across, but you haven't shown that you have that skill just yet, hence you poke fun by saying things like "another noob speaks from his loads of experience" as if you're the only one with answers.

um no, it reads exactly as i posted it, another guy w/ 1 mos experience giving advice......

"respectable ways"........sorry i'm not the motherly type i give frank honest OPINIONS........

um no, it reads exactly as i posted it, another guy w/ 1 mos experience giving advice......

"respectable ways"........sorry i'm not the motherly type i give frank honest OPINIONS........

Go take the blue pill...

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the break in outlined in the manual; just do it. It will help you get a feel for the bike while the bike gets a proper break in. Also don't forget your friend the clutch lever.

Good luck bro. :thumbsup:

RacerX, Vabs and Dino! Please take to pissing contest to a PM battle instead of fighting it out on a newcomer's thread? A Mod should know better more than anyone.

I don't agree with the OP's decission, but I have stated that already and tried to move on. The current drama is what's making this site unpleasant to be part of, not the choice in bikes they make.

Get over yourselve's or shut the hell up!

I see no good reason not to tone it down with the power mode switch. Even then there is way more power than a learning rider needs. I think focusing on stopping and slowing is smart. The speed can come on quick. Having the brakes as a controlled natural reflex can save your life. Drive it allot, and get comfortable with all the maneuvers. Enjoy. I have had allot of bikes, but non as sweet as my 08 Busa.

RacerX, Vabs and Dino! Please take to pissing contest to a PM battle instead of fighting it out on a newcomer's thread? A Mod should know better more than anyone.

I don't agree with the OP's decission, but I have stated that already and tried to move on. The current drama is what's making this site unpleasant to be part of, not the choice in bikes they make.

Get over yourselve's or shut the hell up!

I don't think there is an apostrophe in "yourselves"...

:welcome: and congrats on the bike.

I too disagree with having the Busa as a first bike, but it doesn't necessarily mean certain death as some may have you believe. If you're truly scared of it, then it's not the right bike for you at this time. There are plenty of things that you may be a little nervous about while riding a motorcycle, but your own bike should not be one of them. I went from a 50cc scooter, to an 805cc cruiser, to a 919cc sport bike, to a 1340cc Busa. I can't imagine riding my Busa without the experience gained on those other bikes. Please be extra careful and do consider picking up a cheap, smaller practice bike to ride at least until you can get some professional training.

Last edited:
Back