First bike!!!!!!!!!! Should i

hawaiianboi2307

Registered
<span style='color:royalblue'></span><span style='font-family:times'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span>

Hey everyone. I recently completed a motorcycle safety class that i took at my local DMV office and im in the market to buy a new bike. Im in love with the hayabusa and really dont want anything else. i met a guy that said that he took the same class and his first bike was a hayabusa and he said that he rides fine. the only thing i am concerned with is that maybe it will be to powerful for a beginner. but i think i ride pretty safe. another thing is that im 5"10 and 130lbs. would size and weight also be a factor

<span style='color:royalblue'></span><span style='font-family:times'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span>

Im in love with the hayabusa and really dont want anything else.  i met a guy that said that he took the same class and his first bike was a hayabusa and he said that he rides fine.  
Pretty much sums it up. If a Hayabusa is what you want then that is what you will get. If you really want answers to your other ?? do a search for 'first bike' and you see what everyone here thinks. Oh and welcome to the board.

Get ready. I hope you cool headed. There are experienced riders here that are going to give you there thoughts, and I believe they are genuine. I'm not one of the experienced riders. Look at my Post First time rider First bike Busa.  If you want it get it,  its up to you

<!--EDIT|chowan24
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115500135 -->

Get ready. I hope you cool headed. There are experienced riders here that are going to give you there thoughts, and I believe they are genuine. I'm not one of the experienced riders. Look at my Post First time rider First bike Busa.  If you want it get.  its up to you
Yeah chow, we don't hold back much in here do we? But the decision is ultimately yours to make.

Get ready. I hope you cool headed. There are experienced riders here that are going to give you there thoughts, and I believe they are genuine. I'm not one of the experienced riders. Look at my Post First time rider First bike Busa.  If you want it get.  its up to you
Yeah chow, we don't hold back much in here do we?  But the decision is ultimately yours to make.
I don't think anyone should hold back. Hell you guys know us rookie guys don't, but yes the ultimate decision is yours.

Ahh shid not another busa first bike post....only reason i opened it up is becasue its still under 20 posts long but its about to get longer. My 2 cents while im writting...you seem to be a little dude 130 so busa may be a little heavty for you. im about 165 and when it starts going down i get my narrow azz out the way cause you cant do shid against it. If your wanting a busa in the end though get a katana. it will prepare you for for the busa casue its same lenght and 20lbs lighter but feels heavier. After you tool around on that for a while then jump on it...at least thats what i did and im still breathing
wink.gif

R U NUTS? Just get a different Suzuki like a SV650 or something. The Busa is just too big & too powerful for a new rider. Develop great riding skills first & then move up. Just ask some of the Busa riders who ended up in the ditch at the dragon tail.
http://www.svrider.com/

<!--EDIT|AZTECWARRIOR
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115450880 -->

SV650SK5_yellow_FFFF66.jpg

dude, please don't make MY insurance go up... go with a katana or SV... i think you would be very happy with either one.

hawaiianboi2307,

I'm with the other members who would recommend against it. You're size & very limited experience are two factors that would cause me to conclude that the Busa is not the bike for you... yet. If you are also very young, I think it's an even worse idea.

Do as others have recommended and learn on a smaller, less powerful bike. When you wreck it, at least you won't be kicking yourself for dumping a Busa!
wink.gif

130lbs makes for a great drag racer but a Busa for your first bike? oh heck why not!!!
If your level headed and not Joe Almighty it will be fine, but twist the gas to redline and you better be holding on for dear life!!!
Get good gear and don't be foolish on the thing and its all good. The bike sits fairly low so your height shouldn't be a problem but if you take one bit of advice take this,,,,,,,,,,,ANY BIKE CAN KILL YOU, BUT A BUSA WILL DO IT QUICKER.
your choice.

You will regret getting a Hayabusa as your first bike. I know that sucks to hear but it is the truth. Start on something a little less aggressive and live to ride a Busa in the future.

i wouldn't really want a 'busa as a first bike.. it's a heavy beast..

but they are purdy, and cool, and lots of people know what they are.. plus they don't look like everything else..

course a SV dont' either.. or a DL, or a 919 honda, or a duc moster, or a speed triple, or a whole host of other bikes.

screw it dude.. get the one that turns you on.. worst thing that can happen (other than the really bad things that can happen on any bike) is you won't like it.. and it's got a pretty decent resell value if that happens.

I droppped my first bike a buncha times though.. course it was a kdx200 dirt bike.. and it costs exactly 0$ to fix a dropped dirt bike..

prices are slightly higher on a 'busa.

Bro if you honestly feel that your ready for a Busa, then do it. But along with what everyone else has said, start off on a 600 or something. F4i, 600RR, R6, SV650, gsxr 600/750, try getting a used one first. That way if you go down you won't be kicking yourself in the arse. Then perhaps upgrade to a Busa.

Cheers

I started out on a brand new GSXR 600 and wouldn't have wanted it any other way. The perfect bike to start on. But, in the end, you're gonna get what YOU want, not what we say you should get. Just make sure and buy some gear for whatever you buy.

I say go ahead and get it. Don't get too throttle happy and you'll be fine. However, start saving up for a set of replacement plastics as soon as you can. With 130 lbs and the accompanying skinny legs you probably won't be able to stop it from falling over. Once it is down you will need help picking it up. I am a solid 240 and had to heave like Heman (By the power of the Universe!) to get the thing upright after I laid mine down. Oh and you will definitely put on some mass and strength trying to hold onto it much less maneuver through the twisties.

First Time on a Bike, Bikes... JMO max would be a GSXR-600, best GS500F, sv650 or sv650s, Katana 600. If your going to get a BUSA as first bike ever to ride, go take a beginners coarse and an advance coarse and becareful watch your back. idiots out their driving mini vans and suvs while talking on cell phones and they do not care about you, it is heir road and your in their way when they, cut you off.

anything under 750 for a first bike. This way you got some power and it will give you a good idea what your instore for.

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115540891 -->

Back