Thinkin about sellin

GeorgiaGixxer08

Registered
I had a 08 gsxr1000 loaded with all kinds of mods, it was fast and i could throw it around in the curves. traded it for this busa that i own now. always wanted one for drag and i planned on buyin a track bike later. turns out i cant have both cause i just bought a jeep. so its drag or twisties, i choose twisties. its got a 240 kit on it. just wantin to know whats yalls take on this. been lookin at the bmw s1000rr or maybe another gixxer. rough decision on what to do. ill prob put it in the classifieds today.
but heres a pic:
powdercoat2.jpg

perfect condition!

Sweet bike. Best of luck with the sale.

Playing in the twisties shouldn't be a problem with a 240. I remember reading an article that compared lap times between a bike with a factory 190 and a 240 with the same rider and the difference very small. Have you tried playing in the twisties on the busa? I would think the stretch would hurt more then the 240.

09 GSXR 1000 is so much more comfortable and better in so many ways than the 07/08 models. Either also have a huge aftermarket and reasonably priced parts.
I haven't ridden the BMW, but keep in mind that it doesn't have alot of aftermarket parts yet, and that everything for it is alot more expensive. Just my 2 cents.

yea ive been in the mtns with the busa and i can do alright on the long curves but i have to hang halfway off the bike to barely put my knee down. now in the crazy twistie roads such as the dragon for example. i feel more comfortable on a 1000 plus a busa stretched and a 240 has no place on the track lol. busa is not stretched THAT far. at least its not as ridiculous as most peoples when they put "fat tire" kits on. i get that feeling of "running out of tire" in the curves alot quicker on the busa then i did on my 1000.

bmw on the other hand, i agree on the parts and etc being expensive " overpriced " guess thats def. a con. uuugh so confused!

Set the Busa up for twisties, CZ wheels, suspension work, raise the rear an inch and have fun.
Droid via Tapatalk

Get the BMW! If the drag racing bug comes over you again, the BMW is an even better drag bike than the busa. Truth hurts but its true!

There is no "learn to ride" I know how to RIDE. its the tire. I would rather not go back stock just cause I don't like the way they look. My opinion. I've rode it as far over and more as the tire will go. Needless to say I can perform a lot quicker and better on a less builkier bike.
I would def miss the org.:( and all of you.
Posted via Mobile Device

There is no "learn to ride" I know how to RIDE. its the tire. I would rather not go back stock just cause I don't like the way they look. My opinion. I've rode it as far over and more as the tire will go. Needless to say I can perform a lot quicker and better on a less builkier bike.
I would def miss the org.:( and all of you.
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't need to leave, Taylor got a bimmer and still checks in

Droid via Tapatalk

Is pull the 240 kit and front wheel off and put her back to stock, and.sell the kit separate. Bit of work, but you'll make out better.

Droid via Tapatalk

Once a busa owner always a busa owner in my eyes. Of course I don't have a busa any longer. But - I have 3 bikes subject to the same recall as the busa (below). So that pretty much keeps it all in the family! "Howdy do" cousin B-King and Gixxer...

08 B-King
09 GSXR 750
09 HD Softail Deluxe
09 Suzuki C 50

very well. bmw and the org it is

whaaa?? u gonna lose the busa??

i suggest a trip to your local therapist and maybe a stint in rehab... since you are obviously on something:laugh:

i cant imagine lettin my beast go, but to each his own... best of luck to you.

It would have to be the BMW for me, and with all due respect to SixPack, I'm not sure the lack of aftermarket parts is that big of a deal with a bike that comes perfect stock. I got to ride one on our local BMW demo day and it is, quite simply, perfect!

Back