Say it aint So!

k9ill5a

Registered
this months super streetbike mag proclaims a new Speed King!, a bike that "owns all"
#7 ducati 1198
#6 R1
#5 kaw 10R
#4 CBR1000
#3 GSXR1000
#2 Hayabusa???
#1 BMW S1000RR

"not only did the BMW s1000rr win, it annihilated the rest of the pack" magazine caption.

By there numbers a tuned bmw, (pipe, commander, and custom map) beat the busa hands down in all their categories.

Stock vs Stock the busa only won in the 0 - 60 2.8 to 3.0 on the beamer. In Stock trim the bmw won in all other categories

Last edited:
Should we start a collection and get Suzuki a subscription to this magazine

Its true, sad to say. Maybe this will wake up old mother suzuki to give us a new 3gen Busa. One can only hope...

When they show me that it runs 194 off the show room floor then it can be the fastest production bike... Until then it's all just magazine hype to sell subscriptions..

I have always had 1 or more fast street cars, and I always knew somebody would be faster on another day. You could spend yourself into the poor house trying to be topdog.
It cuts me deeply to hear some of guys drooling over the beemer. Have you no loyalty. :corner:

I agree with you dk

I have always had 1 or more fast street cars, and I always knew somebody would be faster on another day. You could spend yourself into the poor house trying to be topdog.
It cuts me deeply to hear some of guys drooling over the beemer. Have you no loyalty. :corner:

I love bikes, trikes, and cars thats where my loyalty lies. :laugh:

That being said I still find the beemer and most other bikes either to ugly or uncomfortable to surrender my Busa keys for :laugh:

Stock vs Stock the busa only won in the 0 - 60 2.8 to 3.0 on the beamer. In Stock trim the bmw won in all other categories

Last time I checked there were only 2 categories for motorcycles.....top speed and 1/4 mile and the top speed test is irrelevant now with the restrictions.

It only took 10 years for someone to build something faster

BTW: BMW is running a special for active military.
Active military personnel who purchase a new S 1000 RR during the program period will receive a free safety package (option 129 - Race ABS & DTC) worth $1,480 from BMW Motorrad USA.

Only new, previously unregistered BMW S 1000 RR motorcycles and officially recognized P2 demonstrators, sold between the dates of August 16th through December 31st, 2010 are eligible. Ex-BMW Motorrad fleet or auction units do not qualify.
incase anyone was interested

it's totaly ok that the beamer is "King of the Hill". It makes it that much sweater when I go zipping buy them on the track on my 8yr old gsxr.

Really though its a marvelous piece of tech :beerchug: to BMW.
??? to Suzuki, I'm ready for them to knock my socks off again...

Yeah, I'm hoping that Suzuki answers this with a Gen3 'Busa too. I love to see the wars and it just gives us better technology to play with.

Competition is great! It removes stagnation.

so we can all ride the bmw until the motor lets go because longevity wasn't worked into the equation and apparently some of them are dead with fewer then 3k miles on them...and there will never be a quarter of a million bolt on accessories for the beamer like there is for the busa

Back