starting another tire thread hee hee, which one of these would u choose?

I guess I'm gonna have to call him and get him in here....

Frankly, if it's not about mileage but about grip, the Q2 at about $210 a set if you search well can't be beat. I suspect you'll get about 3K out of a rear, and double that on the front.. Both Charlie and I ride this tire religously as our track tires because they stick like glue and so reasonably priced. And because I'm starting to understand when they 'talk' to me, I also ride them on my Busa. What I like about them the most is that they are predictable, and will give you a warning when you start to get close to the limits.

Pirelli Angel or Avon Ultra 2 :thumbsup:

Dunlop Q2 will stick better than those,
but will wear out twice as fast...
Posted via Mobile Device

That's easy. Almost everytime the word Shinko gets posted Tuf is right there praising them. Like google I can easily find 32,000 results in .00235 seconds.
:laugh:

Doesn't matter because now that I've posted 'Shinko' he will be here soon.

Si Senior, You "FlatLanders" no know noooooooothing! :whistle:

Pirelli Angel or Avon Ultra 2 :thumbsup:

Dunlop Q2 will stick better than those,
but will wear out twice as fast...
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly. The OP said that grip mattered more to him than tire life. If he had said wear, I might have said BT016/023, Q2/Roadsmart or Storms. Price, Stinkos...

Just like you don't bring a rifle to a Pheasant hunt, you pick the tire for what you want the most out if it:

Wear
Stick/handling
Price

To 'get' in one category, you are gonna have to 'give' up something, in varying amounts, out of the other two.

I just put a BT016 on the rear of my Gen1 and its showing cords after about 3200 mi.I put a Q2 on my 94 1100 and, granted the Busa gets more ride time,and there is the HP factor,but the Q2 still looks new.
I like the way the Q2 feels in comparison and thinkin about a Q2 for the Busa next.

I put about 1500 on my Q2's and still look newish. All street riding, half hard, half 2 up. Warm up quick too. I'm getting another set when these are done.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

you all are going to blow up the server with all of these tire threads???

I run Avon Stroms on the street. Great dry and wet weather performance. Great mileage and plenty of grip for twisties on the street.

Ya know what, maybe tires deserves it's own forum....but I'd hate to be the admin that had to move all the threads.....

Back