Thinkin' of sellin' the busa...

Glad to see you're staying away from the dark side, BT. Hey, if you drop it, you drop it. Be safe, wear as much gear as you can, and go play! And my offer will always stand....I will buy a set of custom painted plastics and advertise the hell out of "Bullet Custom Bikes" (or whatever you decide to name it) at any time, for any price. I've never met you personally, but can tell that you are a straight up guy who I would be glad to do business with.

Glad to see you're staying away from the dark side, BT. Hey, if you drop it, you drop it. Be safe, wear as much gear as you can, and go play! And my offer will always stand....I will buy a set of custom painted plastics and advertise the hell out of "Bullet Custom Bikes" (or whatever you decide to name it) at any time, for any price. I've never met you personally, but can tell that you are a straight up guy who I would be glad to do business with.
Thanks bone.
beerchug.gif
I meant to reply to your offer before and it plain slipped my mind. It's been a heck of a past few days. Between work and tryin' to rearrange my finances I'm about ready to blow a gasket. You mentioned buyin' the very first set of plastics from my new business? Well, I've already got the first two in line and haven't even got the building done yet. If that's a sign of things to come my options may indeed change sooner than I thought.
wink.gif

Thanks for the input and the kind words though, man,
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

BT, you never HAVE to lay it down. I did a pole on here once that showed about 40-50% [I forget] have NEVER crashed a bike. Never. That old saying is too old now.

BT, you never HAVE to lay it down.  I did a pole on here once that showed about 40-50% [I forget] have NEVER crashed a bike.  Never.  That old saying is too old now.
Yeah, I know it's not given that I'll drop 'er. My point was that I'm more likely to drop 'er practicin' low speed maneuvers, and if I do drop it, I'd rather drop a litre bike or 600 than a busa.
wink.gif
Chances are I may learn what I want to learn without any mishaps. I'm just sayin' that it'll burn me a new one if I drop a busa tryin' to learn.

I'm thinkin' a lot more seat time and developin' really good natural balance on the busa will help a LOT in keepin' me on two in low speed/parking lot type stuff. That's what I'm gonna depend on and try anyway. Besides, more seat time is just a good thing all around!
beerchug.gif

glad the brain fart has passed and you came back to reality , i dont own a busa i love my r1 too much she will get jealous hehe anyway glad you didnt decide to get a litre bike cuz as everyone knows they are not forgiving ! anyway bt keep going to the gym so "if" the busa ever went down you can pick that sob up j/k lol take it easy and it will come to you
beerchug.gif

Sorry I haven't read the whole post but it sounds like your balance needs sharpening. I'm no 20yr veteran. I had a 83 Interceptor for 1 1/2 yrs before i bought the Bus. Yes that was a huge jump, but I almost bought the 954RR until I rode one. It was way to twitchy for me. The brakes grabbed like hell too. I thought I was going to flip over whenever I grabbed them. They are also so light that they want to wheelie too quickly. The Busa on the other hand with it's long wheel base and my fat ass it stays put unless I force it.

Every once in a while I have low speed turning issues, but I put my feet down too help balance and go smooth on the throttle. The key for me bro is smoothness. If I'm not smoothe Beauty doesn't like it and she bucks. Just like women.....LOL

Anyway..................keep DA Train................You won't be the same without it. You would definitely regret it after a while...........................................................

Keep the faith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't read the whole post but it sounds like your balance needs sharpening. I'm no 20yr veteran. I had a 83 Interceptor for 1 1/2 yrs before i bought the Bus. Yes that was a huge jump, but I almost bought the 954RR until I rode one. It was way to twitchy for me. The brakes grabbed like hell too. I thought I was going to flip over whenever I grabbed them. They are also so light that they want to wheelie too quickly. The Busa on the other hand with it's long wheel base and my fat ass it stays put unless I force it.

Every once in a while I have low speed turning issues, but I put my feet down too help balance and go smooth on the throttle. The key for me bro is smoothness. If I'm not smoothe Beauty doesn't like it and she bucks. Just like women.....LOL

Anyway..................keep DA Train................You won't be the same without it. You would definitely regret it after a while...........................................................

Keep the faith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I think maybe lack of sufficient seat time may account for a big portion of the lack of confidence. I plan to address this issue in short order. There's a nice big empty parking lot within a mile of my house. I'm gonna start jumpin' on 'er and headin' up there when I've got 30-45 minutes to do nothin' but low speed stuff. I'm also gonna start ridin' 'er more in general and really workin' on balance and smoothness. I think maybe doin' all that will go a long way toward solvin' at least most of my issues.

Only thing left then will be learnin' to rip serious twisties. Gonna be hard to do a lot of that on a regular basis. Besides, I think whoever said I am tryin' to do too much, too soon was prolly right. I think maybe I'm pushin' it a little too hard so soon in my sport ridin' "career". I just wanna be FAAAAAAAASSSSSSST dammit!!!
drooling3.gif
wink.gif

It'll come with time. I just need to be patient I guess.
biggrin.gif

Try a Kawisaki ZRX1200, better riding position, tons of underseat storage and lots of torque and HP. A simple Ivans jet kit and full muzzy nets you around 140HP with about 110 ftlbs of torque all with it listed as a standard bike(read cruiser) for insurance.

Try to find another twisty rider to go with you so you can really judge your entry speeds. You may be another Rossi and don't even know it.
laugh.gif

Try to find another twisty rider to go with you so you can really judge your entry speeds.  You may be another Rossi and don't even know it.
laugh.gif
Another Rossi, huh? Hehehehehe...
laugh.gif
I am actually workin' on findin' an experienced and RESPONSIBLE local rider or two that I can hook up with to ride. Also tryin' to make the local "newbie" rides but my work schedule is makin' that a BEEYOTCH.
mad.gif

laugh.gif

Yippee!!! He's going to keep Da Train!

Da Train...Da Train...okay, enough Fantasy Island sh*t...I'm glad you've been reconsidering, but I still think you could squeeze in some little used POS to learn on if that's where you'd be more comfy...keep the Busa, hop on that smaller bike and get used to whatever it is that you need to work on...hop back on the Busa and you'd be just fine...

Just get on something and ride...I know, in between saving the world and your business venture, there's just not much time...but, I've got one of those full time jobs (umm...shut up...I know I'm supposed to be working now and I'm not), two kids, a husband with tons of hobbies keeping him busy...volleyball every single weekend, knitting (yes, knitting...laugh...I do, everytime I admit to it) every Monday night...two huge dogs, 3 cats and some big-arsed fish tank in my kitchen...and everything else in my life that right now seems a muddled mess...

My point? Umm...yeah, what was it?! Oh, yeah go ride!!! I make time to ride every chance I get...short runs, long runs, fast ones, slow ones...Seat time...and you'll get there...get with Oracle the next time he heads to Atlanta for some track time and see what you can learn...you'll do fine, no matter what you choose to ride...just ride...
smile.gif

Thanks for the update...I was waiting to hear what your final indecision would be...
tounge.gif

Back