Say it aint So!

First of all they are not in the same class.
The BMW cannot match the versatility of the Hayabusa.

Suzuki can beat it, but at what cost?
any time you cut weight, add HP and electronic controls, the price will skyrocket.
I don't think anyone wants a $20,000 Hayabusa.

I see Suzuki adding more electronics to the Gixxer.

The Hayabusa is what it is. Very good at doing many things.
It has become an icon in the motorcycle world and that is no easy title to own. :thumbsup:

+1000

It is like trying to compare apples and oranges.

I dont see suzuki kicking the gen ii to the curb just yet! I believe if honda yamaha or kawasucki, haha bet the busa they would step up

All I got to say is that I read the article and am not confident in their testing methods. Somethin just seemed off in their numbers and graphs. Don't get me wrong, I like the beemer but I've seen much better numbers for most of the stock bikes they tested.

Can't wait to see the 3rd gen busa. :thumbsup: By the numbers the BMW puts out it should win everything, lighter and more powerful what would make it not beat everything?
I just hope on the 3rd gen they actually beat the competition, not compare with them as they did with the ZX-14 :poke:

Can't wait to see the 3rd gen busa. :thumbsup: By the numbers the BMW puts out it should win everything, lighter and more powerful what would make it not beat everything?
I just hope on the 3rd gen they actually beat the competition, not compare with them as they did with the ZX-14 :poke:

Yessireee I can't wait either...only 7 more years to go :cheerleader:

If they had planned to put out another busa that really kicked some a*s and took back the king of the mountain crown they would have done it with the 2nd gen busa. I highly doubt there's even going to be a 3rd gen. I think the 2nd gens going to be the last run. They'll keep selling second gens till folks quit buying, then its all over :laugh:

The BMW makes peak power over something like 2500 rpms. This means that after shifting you'll still be in the peak powerband for the next gear. This, coupled with the bike's abs and traction control makes it as much a milestone bike as the 99 Busa and it has slapped our Busas into catch up mode. It's also only a little more expensiv, not a lot. I can't wait to see if they'll put up with the abuse of being turbo-charged.
HOWEVER, you give my maybe 8000 dollars and I could make a 300 hp, BMW eating turbo Busa out of READILY available used part. Further, I've learned what parts to use, how to do it and how far it can be pushed because of the Busa's broadperformance history and user support, and the vast support. I wouldn't be too happy after the rr1000's first or second or third (etc.) factory service.
Yah, the RR1000 is bad ass, but until you show me one making 600-700hp I think I'll keep my Busa.

Guys,

The mag’s results were measured with a high tech GPS, with magazine guys riding, at a high altitude with results uncorrected ... not a drag strip, so you can’t compare them to the numbers most guys quote. For their testing, they were accurate and consistent between the bikes in the test.

First off, I LOVE my BUSA's! My personal grudge Busa makes 278 rear wheel horsepower on nuts (no nitrous or turbo) and weigh’s 386 lbs. wet. It will slap the taste out of the mouth of damn near ANYTHING... So let’s try to keep this in perspective. I also own two ZX-14’s, so you can see that I don’t give a rat’s ass about the spelling on the gas tank. If it’s fast, I want to race it. Period.

My new BMW's make just over 200 hp at the rear wheel on good gas (VP MR12 etc.) with a bone stock engine and my pipe and mapping. They weigh 100 lbs. less than a Busa (the stock gas tank is aluminum for gawds sake!), it’s just math, that’s hard to compete with set up like most guys ride. When you add the dynamic traction control, it just simply isn’t fair any longer if you like to corner and your last name isn’t Mladin or Rossi. Dream all you want, 95% of guys can’t actually use 70% of the handling of today’s sportbikes.

If you are a straight line fan, my stock wheelbase S 1000 RR has run a best of 8.91@158MPH in the blistering heat and my 64†long bike has run 8.47@163MPH both at the hands of an incredibly talented jockey named Jeremy Teasley from Orient Ohio. Google Brock Davidson BMW or search my Facebook page and you can see the results of our resting throughout this season, I even managed to attract BMW’s attention we went so fast :). Just wait until I get these bikes to a good track at sea level, stupid fast will be an understatement.

Also, I have beaten the Sh*t out of these bikes on the track and dyno all year… I haven’t figured out how break one. My standard model (no traction control or quick shift) was $13,800 retail and I got it for $14,200 out the door. There really isn’t any reason to discount bikes which are selling out so quickly.

Bottom line: if you like superb technology and craftsmanship built into a small bike that handle’s great and is damn near crash-proof (especially in sport mode) while also being ridiculously fast… you need to look into the new BMW. If you like big, heavy muscle bikes that don’t stop or turn well—but are comfortable and have gobs of torque, the 14’s and Busa’s are probably still going to be a better bike for you.

My 2 cent’s, hope it helps.

Brock
Brock's Performance Products

PS/FYI: **ALL** modern motorcycles and cars are self regulated by the manufacturers to 300 KPH/186 MPH via a gentleman’s agreement, after the release of the 1999 Hayabusa, so NO MOTORCYCLE produce SINCE 2000 has gone faster than 194 MPH off of the showroom floor - unless the speed restriction has been removed or altered via an aftermarket device. You can read more about my ZX-14’s and Busa’s breaking 200 MPH in the real world at the Maxton Mile here: Front Page Archives

I like the BMW and kudos to the German's for stomping the rest into the ground. Wakeup Suzi, Yam, Honda, Kawi! They all knew it was coming BMW has been working out the wrinkles for a few years and they were all caught with their pants down. Maybe they'll stop coming out with new paint options and start making noticable improvements/changes to the bikes.

The busa is still the bike of choice for me. If I wanna be stupid fast I'll just slap a turbo on it.

The BMW models equipped with Dynamic Traction Control have a Bosch gyroscope under the seat which constantly spins, reading the bikes lean angle at all times and throttle by wire to control the power delivery. You can be cranked over in the middle of a corner, lose your mind and whack the gas wide open… instead of unleashing all 200 HP and spinning you out, the bike knows how much tire/traction you have available and applies as much power as it will safely handle. By the time you exit the corner, the bike is lofting the front wheel and hauling a*s – bang a clutchless/wide-open shift, via the optional factory installed gear shift assist, producing instant acceleration leading into a 3rd gear power wheelie around 120 MPH. By the time your brain begins to warn you that the bike could loop over backwards… the wheelie detection kick’s in and set’s the front wheel safely back down on the ground. BTW, the DTC also includes stoppie detection which will release the front brakes enough to set the rear wheel down in the event of a panic stop, to take full advantage of the rear wheels braking power. It also has anti-lock braking so the front end won’t wash out if you panic stop in the rain, slick spot on the road etc.

You simply cannot purchase this on any motorcycle, for any cost… aftermarket or OEM.

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

Last edited:
:rofl: what a joke on the Gen II attempt at 200 with all the room they needed to do it in. if i was selling magazines and trying to make the most profit, i would say what i was payed to say...

As I recall, the Editor (a big dude over 6'4") wasn't able to get out of the wind and behind the windscreen. I can believe if it was windy and he can't get inside the air pocket that he wouldn't have hit it.

EDIT: Can't really see how well he's tucked in the pics, but here's a link to the 200 MPH article:

http://www.superstreetbike.com/features/0901_sbkp_200_mph_or_bust/index.html

Although in this one his knees are touching his elbows and he's way out in the wind...not aerodynamic at all.
http://www.superstreetbike.com/features/0901_sbkp_200_mph_or_bust/photo_11.html

Last edited:
Brock, you should be a Beemer salesman.

I took one out this spring, there nasty,

Back