Suzuki Dropped the Ball

Comparing the Busa with the zx14 is like comparing Tupac with Biggie, Yeah Biggie can flow but he is not nor ever will he be Tupac (sorry to my pals in da brick city). They are both great rappers but one was just more versatile, poetic and actually had positive messages in most of his music. Yeah the zx14 has nice stats but it will never be a Hayabusa to me it just does not have the history, the romance or the prestige of the Hayabusa. Sorry to go off topic but when folks start saying they may look at the 14 if they don't come out with something new or better or faster or more gadgets it just makes me appreciate the guys who still have a Gen 1 not because they can't afford to upgrade but because they love the Hayabusa and thats why i'm going down with the ship. I love the Hayabusa, Gen I and II. Thats why i'm here at Hayabusa News - Hayabusa.oRg News sorry but the 14 just does not do it for me......

PS Just my opinion, hope i wont be hated for it. Long Live Hayabusa!! :laugh:

Could not agree with you more brother, however Biggie was a overweight rapper with mad skills (Busa) while Tupac (ZX14) was a back up dancer for Digital Underground, turned poetic. He is the West Coast's version of Sean Combs...lol. So I agree with you on the bikes...just not the mc's... :laugh:

Why add ABS or TC??I believe not having those will make you a better rider

I'm not worried about being a better rider as much as I am coming home in one piece. I'm not trying to get picked up by a WSB team, it's just a hobby.

I doubt you'll ever see factory turbo- or super-charged motorcycles due to the enormous insurance costs such a bike would command. Suzuki could have gone the s-charged route with the B-King since the concept bike was boosted, but they didn't. Ever wonder why? When I renew my insurance every year, the first question on the form is "Is your motorcycle turbocharged?". I kid you not. Ticking that box would earn you a huge surcharge, or worse, an insurer that doesn't want your business for any amount of money.

I personally don't know which way the Hayabusa will evolve at this stage, but I think more cc's (and horsepower) should definitely be on the menu, as should an electronic TC package that rivals the best. Optional ABS would be nice too. The most important thing in my opinion would be to keep the styling familiar... evolutionary, not revolutionary should be their mandate. GSX1500R has a nice ring to it. 1600R sounds even better. :thumbsup:

I doubt you'll ever see factory turbo- or super-charged motorcycles due to the enormous insurance costs such a bike would command. Suzuki could have gone the s-charged route with the B-King since the concept bike was boosted, but they didn't. Ever wonder why? When I renew my insurance every year, the first question on the form is "Is your motorcycle turbocharged?". I kid you not. Ticking that box would earn you a huge surcharge, or worse, an insurer that doesn't want your business for any amount of money.

I personally don't know which way the Hayabusa will evolve at this stage, but I think more cc's (and horsepower) should definitely be on the menu, as should an electronic TC package that rivals the best. Optional ABS would be nice too. The most important thing in my opinion would be to keep the styling familiar... evolutionary, not revolutionary should be their mandate. GSX1500R has a nice ring to it. 1600R sounds even better. :thumbsup:
I'm really curious as to how suzuki handles the 14R. I'm thinking the hp levels might be getting close to starting to catch too much attention from the insurance companies and governments? I'm actually kinda shocked kawi made the move they did with the new 14. But then again maybe the insurance and government types aren't looking as close as I think they are......
With the legendary busa name and history tho, suzuki just needs to match the 14R in power and electronics to outsell it I think, no need to put 20+hp more over it. That might be what they choose to do to play it safe......what do you guys think?
And if the power levels get much higher stock, they'll be reaching the boosted levels of big bore bikes of not too many years ago.....if the insurance companies don't like turbo's, they may not like the big-bores of the future too much either :laugh:

I'm really curious as to how suzuki handles the 14R. I'm thinking the hp levels might be getting close to starting to catch too much attention from the insurance companies and governments? I'm actually kinda shocked kawi made the move they did with the new 14. But then again maybe the insurance and government types aren't looking as close as I think they are......
With the legendary busa name and history tho, suzuki just needs to match the 14R in power and electronics to outsell it I think, no need to put 20+hp more over it. That might be what they choose to do to play it safe......what do you guys think?
And if the power levels get much higher stock, they'll be reaching the boosted levels of big bore bikes of not too many years ago.....if the insurance companies don't like turbo's, they may not like the big-bores of the future too much either :laugh:

There already are huge displacement bikes on the market. Just look at the Triumph Rocket III's 2300cc engine. Lots of cruisers are 1800cc+ so why should a 1500cc or 1600cc Hayabusa make them take notice? As long as the horsepower is downplayed (ie: not the only selling point), the insurers might not notice a big displacement "sport tourer" making 250hp at the crank. :poke:

There already are huge displacement bikes on the market. Just look at the Triumph Rocket III's 2300cc engine. Lots of cruisers are 1800cc+ so why should a 1500cc or 1600cc Hayabusa make them take notice? As long as the horsepower is downplayed (ie: not the only selling point), the insurers might not notice a big displacement "sport tourer" making 250hp at the crank. :poke:

Wishful thinking but I will join you in that wish brother. :please: :please: :please:

Back