2020 Final production of ZX-14R? Fact or Rumor?

Mythos

Registered
I came across this on my ZX-14 forum. I know I've heard the same story about the busa for the past few years but as far as I know, the busa would still be available in the US for some time.

Heard anything about the 14R going away after 2020? This is news to me.

Not sure if the news which comes out of that country is very credible First time I am hearing about this so my 16 ZX-14 should be a classic soon hey :D I think generally speaking the big 4 are shying away from producing big bore sports bikes these days that ere is Having said that I still think suzuki will bring out a new bigger busa soon :thumbsup:

It's not clear if the article was written about India. It is in English. It mentions India and the author might have an Indian name. I expect that the Euro5 noncompliant ZX-14 along with the busa will not be produced for the Asian market past this year. I've already heard about that months ago.

The only other recent article I found concludes with this:

"There’s no say whether the decision is localized or generalized and whether the ZX-14R will also disappear in the U.S. We reached out to Kawasaki about this but have yet to hear back. If this is anything like what happened with the ‘Busa, there’s a chance the outdated but still awesome ZX will live on this side of the pond."

OK, we still have new 14s and busas in the US for now. I can sleep easy.

I think the market for the big bore hyperbikes is waning and Kawasaki might be more interested in their supercharged fleet...once they get the price down to reality, I think they might become more mainstream.

Pretty easy for Kawasaki to turn up the heat and make the H2 viable for street dominance and still be Euro compliant.

Even the snowmobile market is going more towards boosted 4 strokes over 2 strokes.

Indeed, I am Rook. ...19,000 posts since 2008. :super:
19 thou...you know there's help for that. :laugh:

Rubb.

Maybe Kaw and Suz will follow suit.

AKA, the gutless wonder.....along with almost all those turbo '80s bikes except the Kawasaki 750..they had that dialled in but it was heavy and the frame was made out of spaghetti.

Suzuki's XN85 should have been scrapped before it was released.

Honda used the crappiest engine in their line up.

Those things were heavy, slow and had a nasty turbo lag..they looked ok though.

AKA, the gutless wonder.....along with almost all those turbo '80s bikes except the Kawasaki 750..they had that dialled in but it was heavy and the frame was made out of spaghetti.

Suzuki's XN85 should have been scrapped before it was released.

Honda used the crappiest engine in their line up.

The XN85 was a total looker, lots of sexy Katana in her... but she was no go'er, that's for sure.

The CX and Seca Turbos were total "last calls" at the bar... serious beer-goggle lasses, them. :crazy:

It was a disappointment when that XN came out...especially since I was/am a big vintage Katana fan.

If Honda would have put a decent engine in their turbo bike, it would have been ok as a sport tourer...there was lots of wind protection on it...maybe their 750 Nighthawk engine or something...

My friend had a 500 and it was kind of OK, I could blow him off the road with my RD400 and it riled him to no end....

Back